It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News report: Syrian government says that U.S was behind attack on their own embassy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wow. Excuse me for bothering to answer the OP's question! Jesus people. The person starting this thread asked why the Syrians would say the US bombed their own embassy, and I gave one POSSIBLE REASON they would say it. I never said it was true, and I never said anything bad about the Syrian security forces. Lighten up people.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OK.

Sorry if my response came across as a personal attack, it wasn't intended to be.

It's just very frustrating seeing this kind of manipulation in action.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Thanks for all your posts guys. you all have really good perspectives on the situation. i didnt realise world net daily was the source. i accessed it from the drudge report. but here are some more sources that are reporting the same thing if you want to take a look at them.

Syria blames U.S for attack : Boston news.com

Free market news: syria blames United states

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I`m in Australia and our neighbor is the largest Islamic country(population)in the world,many a time the Indonesian Gov will act like Syria in this case here,they do the right thing by our country then slam them to keep the natives from getting restless(playing both sides of the fence).My opinion anyway.

DigitalGirl politely asked for opinions,we all have them and opinions can change,slamming people is an ugly way to try and change someones opinion.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

My ONLY point was that they were pointing the finger at us out of embarassment, because they didn't know it was coming.

And your ONLY evidence for this claim is an unreliable report of an anonymous source by a highly ideological media outlet that has an axe to grind with the Syrians.

I have seen no other evidence besides this one suspect report that anyone in the Syrian government has made this kind of claim.

It's almost certainly a bogus meme, consciously manufactured to produce exactly such a result, most likely to counter the ideological confusion created by Syria (part and parcel of the nebulous but nefarious Enemy) thwarting an attack by Islamic militants (supposedly part of that very same menace.)

Notice how quickly this story has vanished from the media radar.
Syria stopping a terrorist attack aimed at the US is not something the crowd running the show right now wants to see on people's minds.

The argument they make is that Syria, Iran, Al Quaeda, Hezbollah, etc. are all part of the same Enemy... that Syria would kill "their own" and thwart an attack on the US throws an unhappy bit of cold water on this claim.

[edit on 9/14/06 by xmotex]

And do you have real evidence that this was "almost certainly a bogus meme, consciouly manufactured"?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
It seems to me like the only evidence Syria has to support an America planned attack on its own embassy is that these suni men had American weapons and that they attacked a random empty building.

The way I see it is like this... These men who attacked are probably part of a larger Islamic agenda to make America look like way more of a 'Problem reaction Solution' nation than they really are.

If terrorists can make it look like we are behind every attack then they not only get to kill allied forces, but it never gets blamed on them.

This whole mess is one big joke, Everyone is pointing fingers in every direction until we all go up in smoke.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

but here are some more sources that are reporting the same thing if you want to take a look at them.

The first link just seems to be claiming that US policies led to the attack, not that the US itself planned it. The second just reiterates the WND claim.

And do you have real evidence that this was "almost certainly a bogus meme, consciouly manufactured"?

And what kind of physical evidence do you think a false claim leaves?

I can claim last night Jessica Simpson called me up and told me the Pope is a robot.
Can you provide "evidence" that I'm lying?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
do you think this was done by the united states?

Of course not.

if you DONT think the united states did it...who do you think did?

Radical Islamic terrorists

why do you think syria would come out and make such a claim?

Because it is a terrorist nation that is anti-American.

do you think we are going to see more attacks on our soil anytime soon?

Sure. they have been happening for decades. Why would they stop now?

[edit on 9/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
These days anything is possible.

What better way to stirr @#$ than to perpetrate @#$?????

I dont have the answer, but i always have my suspicions.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Let me tell you, it is so great that we have a place to come to that can give us so many perspectives on one single event. Whether or not we firmly disagree with the perspectives we are given, it in my opinion is still beneficial to hear them.

So thank you so much for giving me the chance to look at a situation through your eyes for a second, and participating in the discussion in my thread. And just for the record as to where my opinon lies, im with flyersfan on this one
but, that does not take away from the respect that i have for others, whose opinons i may not share. Thanks again guys!

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join