It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Ellison Be The First Muslim In The U.S. Congress?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

Back to topic - I believe this is a crucial step in developing a peaceful world. We have to accept the fact that there are people who have different views, and to ensure that everyone has a say on those views - whether they be Christian, Jewish, Muslim.... black, white.......... it doesn't matter. Considering the large number of Muslims that currently reside here in the states, I think that someone should be representing them and their ideals. I am not talking about the evil terroris propaganda that we hear everyday either, rather your every day person trying to make their way in this crazy world.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by LogansRun]

I do agree as I hope all free people would that every one deserves to be represented. Although be it with represented government the person elected will not be what everyone wants or represent what all the people want. So what it comes down to the person you try to put in office has to be trusted to do what is in the best intrists of all the people. And as I am sure you follow politics better the I do that this seems to rarely happen.
I have not done in depth researh on Ellison, but from what I have read, I dont think he is really fitting this desired charastic.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I saw an interview of him on the news cnn and he look to me pretty down to earth.

He seemed well spoken also.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I saw an interview of him on the news cnn and he look to me pretty down to earth.

He seemed well spoken also.

Marge,
yes I am sure he did. You must rember he is a politishen. He is good at convinceing people, and it did say in the news story that he is also a good orater. So he will be very good at makeing a good impreshen.
I am not trying to be synical even though I might be, just trying to say it the way it is.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hear is something else that I feel should be consider when looking at a canadate that might not widely considered to be a likely canadate.

A Princeton University professor and two graduate students have further proven that electronic voting machines being used across portions of the nation are vulnerable to hackers. A paper on Princeton's web site describes how Edward Felten, professor of computer science and public affairs, found ways to upload malicious programs on a Diebold AccuVote-TS machine. The team was even able to create a computer virus that was able to spread between Diebold voting machines. According to the researchers, they are able to fraudulently change vote counts without the machine detecting the apparent tampering. An unidentified party gave the researchers the Diebold AccuVote-TS in May.

Daily Tech

Since you are reading this post hear on ATS you know most everyone around hear has thought about this, well it is very much a real concern.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join