It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What game should I buy? ? ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
right straight to the point I havent bought a game in a year and am not in "touch" with the new games that are out or even the older ones for that matter.

I have a good Pc which I preferably use to for Strategy/Football manager games & a PS2 which I play almost anything on.

I am looking for some new games I like war based games such as Conflict Desert Storm 1 nd 2 which I had rented before and enjoyed is their any "newer" versions of this "kind-of" game that you could advise me on? Is their any good startegy games out yet also I have got C&C Generals & Zero hour which I enjoyed but is their any others out that are similar?

Please I would appreciate any opinions.

Cheers.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well Spore is the game everyone is now waiting for, but thats out late next year.

If you like strategy games you might like to give Rome: Total War a look

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Try signing up to gaming websites like gamespot and the like, then you can download some demos before you buy, see if your tastes have changed before spending all your lovely money on a game that ends up sitting on a shelf. lol
Good luck!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
thanks for your advice that Spore game certainly looks set to be quality.
Im going to have a look at the Gamespot website you mentioned.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
yo you could get warhammer dark crusade

its not even expansion a whole new game with two new races
but you can only play as them if you dont have dawn of war or winter sumthin forgot

another strat game is company of hereos i havent tracked it in a while tho

as for ps2
i think the new valkyre profile they're making is gonna be good rpg
i think where all waiting on final fantasy 12 and okami yakuza

hope it helps

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
kool man thanks the yakuza game does look good

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My husband likes to play the Medal of Honor series. Those are first person shooting games based on WWII. He also likes the Resident Evil series. I'm currently playing Dragon Warrior VIII and am loving it! Gotta be an old school RPG fan for that though.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Dragon Warrior VIII

I have never heard of that before ? could you tell me a bit about it.

can you believe this I rented 3 games the other night Conflict desert storm 2/ conflict vietnam and shadow of the colossus, I came home to discover two werent working C.D.S. 2 and C.V. the 2 games I had picked! so i took them back the next night changed them and took SOCOM 2 and Full Spectrum warrior.

I then find out that SOCOM aint working either!

I am really pissed off with people that recklessly take care of their games even more with people who dont care for others property. Its really annoying because I was looking forward to CFS2 and Cv especially and then the next best similar game is also £#(

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PES6) is released in late October. Buy that for your PS2, I promise you will not regret buying it.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Pro ev 5 was quality though i did not buy it! I definately do need an up2date football game and Pro ev has impressed me all the time more than FIFA and will always be the first one I look at!

new topics

top topics

join