It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Raid Yields Massive Cache Of Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hundreds of firearms have been found and seized from a suburban home in Dartford, Kent. The police have said this is the biggest weapons haul of its kind. The weapons found include shotguns, automatic and semiautomatic weapons. A nearby residence and business property were also raided and a location in New Jersey, in the U.S. This raid is part of an investigation that has been going on for eighteen months. It was started to combat a growing number of shooting by gang member in London.

www.telegraph.co.uk
At about 10.25am, a 55-year-old man, the owner of the house, was led outside wearing a red shirt and blue jeans, with a blue towel over his head and taken to a north London police station for questioning.

A Scotland Yard spokesman at the scene said he had been arrested on suspicion of supplying guns. She added that he was believed to have a gun licence.

"We had a spate of shootings about 18 months ago in north London. As a result of that we launched a big investigation to find out who was supplying the guns and that culminated in today's raids."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I was not really to sure what to think of this when I first read it. Then after pondering it for a few minuets I thought that this man with the guns all over his house, might just be what I call a powder head. Someone who is just crazy about guns. But that being said, it does not mean that he was not the one supplying the guns to the criminals of London. When yet needs to be determined is his motives for doing so. If that information should ever come out it should answer quite a bit.

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com
www.iht.com
internationalreporter.com
www9.sbs.com.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Assault weapon Ban officially dead.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My father was a gun collector and I inhereted most of his (very large) collection.

I've always worried that the cops were going to riad my house one day and end up on the news as a "suspected terrorist" with a "huge cache of weapons"... NJ is not very firearms friendly.

Nevermind that they're all legal (well I had a mint M1A - illegal here, but I sold it to a very please Pennsylvanian at a bargain price), or that I have no criminal record whatsoever. But before we started selling them off I had well over 100 firearms in the house. Currently paring down the collection and only keeping a few favorites - the M1 (National Match!), FN-49, and SKS and a couple other rifles. The pistols are much harder to unload considering we don't know where the paperwork is.

But honestly, I wonder how many of these people getting arrested for "caches of weapons" are simply innocent collectors targeted by publicity-seeking law enforcement officials.

[edit on 9/13/06 by xmotex]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This just goes to show how useless the laws implemented in the UK after the Dumblane shooting's really are, the only people these laws have stopped from actually getting guns are the law abiding majority, while the criminals and nutters that want to get hold of weapons can do so freely and probably more easily than ever.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
This just goes to show how useless the laws implemented in the UK after the Dumblane shooting's really are, the only people these laws have stopped from actually getting guns are the law abiding majority, while the criminals and nutters that want to get hold of weapons can do so freely and probably more easily than ever.

Solidshot,
I have heard that very same statment said over and over again. First off I agree with you, it is a true statment. Although be it as appalyed to this particuler pice of news, I just dont know if it appalyies yet. The man who was arrested was arrested on suspishen of suplying the weapons to the criminals. If they can trace the weapons that way, then it was probably a legitiment arrest.
I have seen a lot of fire arm laws come into being, probably to many, but I just dont know enuff about this situation to know if the man in question is a criminal or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This guy lives in the next town from mine so I'm keeping a curious ear open for how this pans out.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
This guy lives in the next town from mine so I'm keeping a curious ear open for how this pans out.

Ubermunche,
Wow yes I can see where you would. Thanks for letting us know, and please do let us know what ever you do hear about it.

new topics

top topics

join