It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pine Gap Fact or Fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has anymore information on Pine Gap, I have seen pictures of the surface (balls,dishes etc) but does anyone have any compeling evidence to show that it is infact an underground base.

also does anyone have any google co-ordinates for the facility??

thanks
KG

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Pine Gap is a satellite tracking station in central Australia. Its coordinates are 23°47'52.08" S 133°44'11.76" E.

The site features several radomes (the golf ball like structures) but no runway so hardly deserves the name of australias area 51. Officially the base is jointly run by the Australian and US governments but it is widely known that it is operated by the CIA in support of the ECHELON similar to Menwith Hill (a secretive US run base near to my home).

Just as with many other bases as far as I know there is no evidence to show there is any underground facility. People can claim all they want, just like with Menwith Hill and Groom Lake, but no one is going to take it seriously until someone unearths any form proof.

[edit on 11/9/06 by gfad]

[edit on 11/9/06 by gfad]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Could just be dirt but that pic appears to have a light coloured object floating in the top right -hand corner of the image.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
thanks for that info, didnt think there would be much more as I have searched all over the net but just keep coming back with the same paragraph and a couple of the same pics, I wonder what the CIA are really doing there

and I definitly think its dirt in the pic but you never know haha

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has anymore information on Pine Gap, I have seen pictures of the surface (balls,dishes etc) but does anyone have any compeling evidence to show that it is infact an underground base.

also does anyone have any google co-ordinates for the facility??

thanks
KG

I see no real need to build underground at Pine Gap. Pine Gap is an NSA station for downloading info from spy sattelittes. As far as I know they only process and transmitt information electronically using computers. That doesn't require digging into the ground.

Tim

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
From an Aussie point of veiw this is not a place that someone would go snooping around.
We got a little to close while hunting in the area and got grabbed. As we were told by some rather large US Air Force guards with some 'not so military issue' guns and a woeful attitude that the place was a no-go zone for all concerned and that there were many deep abandoned mines and sink holes that a bloke could fall into and never be seen again.
We were detained in an outlying building and questioned for about 5 hrs before being taken back to Alice Springs by local police and released from there.
Convinced me not to go near there again.

FATMAN

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
i can confirm that pine gap does have a secret side 2 it,i hav an uncle who did infact work there when it was being constructed,as a contractor.
he has said that there were long vertical shafts dug there,he estimated they were at least 4-5 shafts in an area as big as a football oval.
he also said that there were massive computer networks installed there( keep in mind that this was 30-40 yrs ago) what this all mean? i dont know,but to this day the australian government has denied the existance of this facility.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
According to Jonathan Kwitney's The Crimes of Patriots, Gough Whitlam, Aussie PM, was removed from office by a CIA puppet Governor-General at the behest of Kissinger for many reasons, not the least of which was that he was thinking of not renewing the lease on the Pine Gap facility, which renewal was coming up.

Also, a friend of mine used to work for Aussie Military Intelligence, and he maintained that the US has nukes targeting Pine Gap and similar installations (Menwith Hill for example?) should they fall into "enemy hands".

One of the rumours I've read about PG is that it tests, among other things, "scalar energy" weapons which create fireballs by some sort of resonance/interfering wave transmission. This is only speculation, and I mark it clearly as such as a contribution to this thread. The two previous items are, for me, factual.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neocon911
i can confirm that pine gap does have a secret side 2 it,i hav an uncle who did infact work there when it was being constructed,as a contractor.

Hi I find this very interesting, was he given any explanation of the shafts and was he directly involved in the digging of the shafts

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hear is a good thread about it, covers a lot and as an Aussie makes me shake my head, that this is going on........

Mystery of Pine Gap

TK

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ahh, this reminds me, I was doing something on this for TinWiki.

Indeed, that place is interesting. Doing research, I read about all sorts of things happening when people were able to get a good vantage point to view the base over night.

Superficially, it is pretty boring, but apparently there is all sorts of stuff under it . . . including a nuclear reactor.

And then there's all that stuff about them getting enough food each month to support 2, 000 (or whatever) people. Plus the tales of lots of white discs being unloaded from U.S. military cargo planes from the nearby airport, which, incidentally, has a road that goes right to Pine Gap, probably left over from the construction. And then there's the fact that those planes can come into Aust without undergoing customs and security checks . . .

Well, it is getting late 'down under,' so I might stop harping on and head off.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I bet those 3 green looking bunkers in the top right coner look like entrances

Nice place to fry in.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Those are pools of water.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
ahhh but how do you know its water

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
anyone know where the name "pine gap" comes from? i heard the base used to be called merino??

Pine is a type of wood?

new topics

top topics

join