It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Yorker win lottery for second time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
56 year old deli worker Valerie Wilson has beaten odds of 1 in 3,669,120,000,00 to claim a lottery prize of $1million, just 4 years ago she won $1million on New Yorks state lottery and now she has claimed a second $1million prize this time on a lottery scratch card. Ms Wilson has stated that the first lottery win helped to buy homes for her three children but this one will be for her, "I'm going to live a little bit." she stated. Instead of getting the money's in one lump sum Ms Wilson will get $50,000 per year for the next 20 years.

news.bbc.co.uk
A US woman who won $1m (£536,000) in the New York state lottery four years ago has beaten the odds by winning another $1m lottery jackpot.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Although the winner certainly should be congratulated for her win and good luck, the question has to be asked should it be possible to win for a second time? or should there be rule that exclude you from any future lotteries after a major win. This would allow more people to become potential millionaires and the pot to be spread arround more evenly.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Na, they should be allowed to take part in the lottery. The chances of winning once is so remote, that winning twice should be greeted as some sort of freak occurence, but applaud the person for getting lucky twice. It's pretty hard to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
See, now people like her make me mad.
I could play the lottery for my entire life and not win anything.
There was a woman like that living in Hawaii a couple of years ago. She went to Vegas (cause everyone in Hawaii goes there), and won a million dollars on the Wheel of Fortune slot machine. Six months later she went back to the same machine and won it again.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Some people have all the luck,I want a million dollars
But does it really make you happy??? Probably

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Dagon right a million would make anyone happy. Thats enough to get you going to 1 billion in less than twenty years, maybe even ten if you are really educated.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
With those kinds of odds, why shouldn't a person be able to win more than once?

The whole idea of lotteries is to raise money for the agencies that run them. It mattters not who wins, but what their net take is.

Lotteries are a tax on the mathematically challenged.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Lotteries are a tax on the mathematically challenged.

This very well may be true for some, but I have no illusions as to the odds of winning. My rational is that my money spent on powerball may help some deserving student to get a higher education that might not otherwise be able to afford it.

I also have no illusions that my powerball expenditures are not making some New Jersey "families" obscenely wealthy.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if there really is a God. The woman spent the first winnings on her kids, seems like she was meant to have something for herself after all.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No biggie... I know of a guy here who won the lottery twice as well. If I'm not mistaken he even won it three times.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The probability of wining the lottery twice is pretty low. Of course it depends on how many times you play here are some stats:

times palyed | probability
1 | 0
2 | 5.4*10^(-13)
10 | 2.725*10^(-12)
100 | 2.72545*10^(-11)
1000 | 2.7.3*10^(-10)
10,000 | 2.73*10^(-9)

So, if someone buys 10,000 lotto tickets in their lifetime, the probability that they will win twice is about one in a couple hundred million. It appears the odds are pretty low. Although, it depends upon how many lottery tickets people buy.

How often do you buy a lottery ticket? Do you every buy more than one?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
She actually won on two different games, if I read the link correctly, so the odds may have been different for each game. However, the odds of winning any such game is so astronomical that it is for the vast majority the same as burning money.

[edit on 2006/9/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I paid for a good luck white magik spell be put on a talisman that I had bought. I played the lottery for about 2 weeks and then I won 3 out of 5 lottery numbers with the other 2 being close. The very next day, I did it again. But, after that my luck ran out. I played for about 7 more months with the 5 number lottery and the 6 number lottery about ounce or twice a week. BUT, I DIDN'T EVEN GET 1 NUMBER IN ALL THOSE DRAWINGS. SIMPLY AMAZING.
I believe the interdimensional ET's have been interacting with us humans with religions, angelic assistance, and spiritual phenomena like good luck spells. They can choose to make someone win or lose. Even a skeptical person must admit that there is obviously some kind of stange phenomena where some people never seem to win while others win on a regular basis.
To those that have researched ET communication, they know that ETs have knowledge of future events. The friendly ETs that befriended Billy Meier even said that they could very easily help him with money issues but chose not to.
Witchcraft uses spiritual assistance. If the spiritual assistance is really from ETs from the other side, then this would explain why good luck spells and lottery spells do not help you win major lottery jackpots. But, there is no doubt in my mind that there was a spiritual presense around me from the good luck spell. I was even warned of a car accident that happened to me 1 hour in advance before it happened and before I even chose to drive to the place where it happened!

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
picking lottery numbers
is a whole lot different that buying one of the millions of SkratchOff tickets available.

imho, a very lucky & fortunate individual, the 'odds' maybe in the billions
.......but the purchaser has a 50% of either winning or losing on any bet!
(that's the bottom line in my view)

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
obviously the implication is that she cheated or she is psychic. What are the odds of no one ever winning any lottery twice? (0)

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Did any psychic people have success in seeing numbers?

top topics

join