It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diebold DID patch GEMS prior to Cali election!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't find this shocking in the least but I am suprised that it's coming out this early.
Lets hope other states take notice and change their certification regime.

SACRAMENTO, California -- Uncertified software may have been installed on electronic voting machines used in one California county, according to the secretary of state's office.

Marc Carrel, assistant secretary of state for policy and planning, told attendees Thursday at a panel on voting systems that California was halting the certification process for new voting machines manufactured by Diebold Election Systems.

The reason, Carrel said, was that his office had recently received "disconcerting information" that Diebold may have installed uncertified software on its touch-screen machines used in one county.

www.wired.com...

*edit* I tried to change the title several times..didn't work*

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by kukla]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Maybe you can help me with this, but I read so many politically-themed books that I forget what I've read most of the time.

....but isn't Diebold somehow related to the GOP? It was either in Michael Moore's Latest book (Dude where's My Country) or Jim Hightower's book (Thieves in High Places) but I remember reading how Deibold was a major contributor to previous Republican candidates.

In all fairness though, Arnold won by a landslide. Not that he had much in the way of competition.

Now, if Orrin Hatch gets the ammendment to the constitution where foreign-born Americans can run for and hold the office of President, then expect Arnold to be Commander-in-Chief in about 8 years.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes, it is totally unsurprising!

The recall vote itself was by no means a landslide. In a contest between Davis and not Davis, the percentage gap was less than 6% in the official count. That is only 1% higher than the accepted norm for margin of error. It is very highly questionable, but it is done.

Read this thread for a real chuckle about the history of election theft, about how O'Dell from Diebold came out in full favor of Republicans in Ohio (what an idiot), and for the link to a great Shockwave animation on what happened in California...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kai-Raega
....but isn't Diebold somehow related to the GOP? It was either in Michael Moore's Latest book (Dude where's My Country) or Jim Hightower's book (Thieves in High Places) but I remember reading how Deibold was a major contributor to previous Republican candidates.

In short, yes.

The election did appear to be a landslide, but the results haven't been certified yet. This could lead to a number of legal challenges, largely depending on Davis's reaction..I think.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
is anyone surprised. The repugnant party is known for thievery, trickery, LYING, and deceit. That's what they stand for. THAT'S ALL THEY STAND FOR....

and that's why this country is in the hell that its in. These "people" are no better than Nazis.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The recall vote itself was by no means a landslide. In a contest between Davis and not Davis, the percentage gap was less than 6% in the official count. That is only 1% higher than the accepted norm for margin of error. It is very highly questionable, but it is done.

The way the results were "Spun" on the cable outlets must have fooled me then, because they all made it seem like Arnold walked away without ever having to put up a fight. It was almost like they just said, "Yup, nothing to see here folks, just walk home and turn off the lights." This is primarily the reason why I only read the paper now for my news.

To be honest, the whole Arnold/California thing never grabbed me. Davis was trying to pass a budget resolution last year, but the Republicans kept shooting it down. I knew that as soon as Davis was booted out of office that those same Republicans would take that same budget bill, and pass it under Arnold to make him look like some sort of great savior.

You know, I may not care too much for Republicans, but there is one thing you have to admire about them:

They know how to play the game.

Granted, they seem to forget about Karma, ethics, or morality (Part of the reason I voted for Clinton was due to him knowing how to play dirty ball) but it is their lack of scruples that gets them into office.

It's also their lack of scruples that knocks them out of office too.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I tried to change the title a couple of times to no avail. I think the big news here is that the vote isn't certified. My reading of the DU thread is that the election officials were screaming at Diebold officials. There's a possibility that these irregularities could be legally challenged..

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, for certain, as demonstrated in many parts, people are apathetic about voting and more apathetic about voting machines.

They have absolutely no concept that their voting right is stripped away totally by unaccountable software in built-to-fail hardware manufactured by corrupt cronies.

It is disgusting. Both the corruption and the voter apathy.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
and that's why this country is in the hell that its in. These "people" are no better than Nazis.

Two Words: Leo Strauss.

Wonder why ATS news sections never mention The Straussian connection between the Chicago University Alumni running our defense department and the secret plan presented to Clinton in 1994 by leading House Republicans asking him to invade Iraq "Or Else".

Conspiracy theory doesn't apply here. It's stone cold fact. Leo Strauss was a self-hating Jew, among other things. He believed that only the strong should rule, and that the weak should be duped into serving the strong. That the citizenry was to never be used for anything more then an outlet for passing along propaganda and for footsoldiers in your war(s).

I once had a nice little flash movie where it showed Leo Strauss and where his influence was felt and where his students exerted their power on government agencies and institutions. I'm going to *try* and find where I saw that.

Update:

Found it, but put it in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Kai-Raega]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Goof call! I read up on that Leo Strauss guy. Funny the repugnants never bring this beloved Nazi up. Excellent call.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Goof call! I read up on that Leo Strauss guy. Funny the repugnants never bring this beloved Nazi up. Excellent call.

I'm not really sure why they haven't mentioned it here. There is always the possibility that because ATS han't covered it, they know it to be true.

Like I said, the guys running this site are intelligent men, but they are *mostly* Republicans, so chances are they didn't want anyone knowing about this.

You know what's really funny about this colonel? Even Pat Buchanan admitted this. He backed up this whole Leo Strauss thing. As did Bob Dole. There are defectors in the GOP ranks, but you won't hear about that in the news.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
People need to be aware that this nazi ideology is running America right now. That they are bieng taken advantage of through lies and deciet. maybe then, the repugnants will awaken from their sleep and be civil "republicans" again.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   

People need to be aware that this nazi ideology is running America right now. That they are bieng taken advantage of through lies and deciet. maybe then, the repugnants will awaken from their sleep and be civil "republicans" again.

Exactly. I have nothing against Republicans, just this nasty new Christian fundamentalist breed. They mix religion with politics and wage war on people whom they consider "Heathens". Not my style, and it isn't the style of most Republicans either. You'll get people who support it though, simply out of fear of becoming "Democratic".

God forbid.

new topics

top topics

join