It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Megaflare Has Just Occured!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
www.n3kl.org...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
Another MegaFlare has just occured. The sun is out of control!

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by CPYKOmega]

Mod Edit: All caps title only.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
cool, looks like the sun is going throu a bad patch at the mo

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
cool, looks like the sun is going throu a bad patch at the mo

Yea, no kiddin' I for one hopefully will be able to see some kick ass aurora borealous tonight

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i won't see it in england due to bloody light population

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
We're fortunate that's not pointed at us...

But I am personally concerned that sunspot 486 and 488 are migrating towards each other and could combine to become a Mega-spot by the time the spot(s) are pointed at Earth..which could unleash flares that dwarf this one...

There already damn close..

umbra.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Tis a year of funky # isn't it. Can't wait to see what happens in 2004...lol

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
have an impact on our dna?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.spaceweather.com

Yep fortunately this one is away from us.. it is an X11-X12 flare. Anyone know why the sun is acting so crazy when it is supposed to be relatively calm??

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
so geomagnetic field storm
and a mega flare are bad I take it?

not sure to exactly what it means but I am willing to learn.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
We're fortunate that's not pointed at us...

But I am personally concerned that sunspot 486 and 488 are migrating towards each other and could combine to become a Mega-spot by the time the spot(s) are pointed at Earth..which could unleash flares that dwarf this one...

There already damn close..

umbra.nascom.nasa.gov...

Giant sunspots 486 and 488 are about to disappear from view, carried over the western limb of the sun by our star's 27-day rotation. This means Earth-directed explosions will stop... for a while.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Maybe our star "sol" is going to die.

I sure hope so.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is my best guess..

We know the relative distribution of gases in the sun. We also know that those gases can sometime gather in pockets of different distributions. When "rich" pockets get closer to each other, the internal fusion reactions can accelerate. I think two large pockets of a "rich" mixture have recently come within reactionary range of each other and the fusion reaction rate has increased. By what magnitude remains to be seen.

I think the corona has a low-density, high-temperature relationship. So if the fusion reaction rate has increased, it would seem logical that the corona's density near 486 & 488 has dropped accordingly and is allowing these large flares to errupt in this rapid tempo..

any of that make sense?

bigsage,

as far as dna, i'm not sure, i've never seen anything on dna manipulation. its plausible though.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Another MegaFlare has just occured. The sun is out of control!

Err... you DO know that the sun was never under our control in the first place, right?

These things are normal. We just never had the instrumentation to measure this before and we never before had so many pieces of equipment that would be affected by these flares.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Giant sunspots 486 and 488 are about to disappear from view, carried over the western limb of the sun by our star's 27-day rotation. This means Earth-directed explosions will stop... for a while.

I understand that..pleanty of time for them to migrate towards each other before they come back around.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla

I understand that..pleanty of time for them to migrate towards each other before they come back around.

Yep

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Have you look at HAARP Trend over the last 30 days
There is a trend over the last week or so the part that
alarms me [because i dont understand it]the ionic
absorption doesnt seem to be taking place ! ??
N e 1 here understand this ?
Sudden ionospheric disturbance (SID): An abnormally high ionization density in the D region caused by an occasional sudden solar flare
D region: That portion of the ionosphere existing approximately 50 to 95 km above the surface of the Earth
www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk...
interesting related study possible effects
fenyi.sci.klte.hu...
faculty.web.waseda.ac.jp...
www.copernicus.org...
www-star.stanford.edu...
www.albany.edu...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
staterx,

Good post..i haven't gotten to all the links but some interesting reading there.

I've been looking at the 30 day HAARP readings and something does bother me that you haven't mentioned. The first X flare was on the 19th, yet HAARP started showing spikes 4 days prior. I'd have to look up the electon and proton flux for the days prior to the 19th, but I'm almost positive that things were relatively quiet prior to the 19th. In your research do you have a good explanation for the pre-19th spikes? Or have you looked at the Boulder magnetometer? How do the two compare for the last 30 days?

Also, call me crazy, but the 15th through the 23rd look harmonic. The period between the spikes looks identical. I have no idea what that means from a solar standpoint, but harmonic tremors in seismic terms are usually an indication of something larger happening.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by kukla]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just a question - i thought HAARP was designed to measure effects in the Ionisphere - ie the effects of solar radiation hitting our protective layer ?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I Agree and im Worried
Really
That was the impression i had... ie A larger cohesive
Event I Hope it isnt true !

I could be Very Very Bad ..........................

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Damn hope the sun doesn't blow up
That would suck.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join