It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does a member become a moderator?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Let's say, I have a hundred thousand ATS points, and a few BTS, PTS points. What happens then?

Also, let's state, I'd not beg for becoming a moderator, but I may be useful to be one.

What's your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Someone tell him the first rule please.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

I believe that would be:
"NOT TO EVER, EVER, EVER ASK!"
Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Rule #1: Never Ask To Be A Mod

Only the Amigos know the true formula for mod-dom, but as best I can tell, they tend to choose members who:

1. Honor the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

2. Are courteous to other members.

3. Are active members.

4. Submit good posts.

5. Love ATS.

6. Didn't come here to be a mod, but to learn, discuss the unknown and Deny Ignorance.

Your Mileage May Vary.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

First rule about Mod Club.....Never talk about Mod Club.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Go to our Members List....

Click on any "banned" members you see....

View their posts....

Do not repeat...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
send me 150 dollars, and i can tell you the secrets of how to become a mod!

this is a low low price of only 150.00 USD.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This has been covered before, and now you know the number one rule. It's all about knowing the secret handshake.

Thread closed?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
low low price of only 150.00 USD.

But wait! there's more. If you act now I'll add at not additional cost kit that lets you weave your own pot-holders from yarn. Amaze your friends.

So Lysergic, if your plan works so well, why aren't you a moderator?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So Lysergic, if your plan works so well, why aren't you a moderator?

Drug test?

And don't tell me they don't drug test. I clearly remember sending out numerous 'samples' to the ATS principles. They didn't even have to ask me.

That's the sort of go-getter I am.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm just the middle man, and yeah the whole UA thing is totally scandalous!

so uhh yeah ACT NOW! Cash and OR Money Orders will be accepted, order today!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I would think that, depending on the day, the question that runs through the brain of most moderators is "Why does one become a mod?"

The simplest way is bribery. You'd be suprised what you can get out of some of the mods with a simple muffin basket.

Also, you could try jingling your keys, thereby distracting S.O. and giving you enough time to lock yourself inside his secret fortress of I.T. solitude and then appoint yourself mod or lex luthor not quite sure how that works.

How many cigarrettes do you have to smoke before you have a hundred thousand ATS points anyway?

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Actually, (no offense to any mods...I know you guys work hard) I wouldn't want to be a mod. I spend way too much time on here already.....could you imagine having to moderate also? Also, with my luck, they'd put me on moderation of a forum I don't read. I couldn't imagine having to read all the posts on a forum I'm not interested in. All I have to say to all the mods is...Kuddos for what you guys do.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
spider, the question that runs thru their minds IS why did they agree to be a mod in the first place. excellent point.

I know that when Springer tried to shake me down a few weeks ago he told me that he and his so called amigos (there's only one by the way, the other two are imaginary friends of springers - nope, simon doesn't exist) would need a big sum of money wired into an ats bank account and I must also, god this is so humiliating, do some things with a duck and an egg timer on a webcam. I did it all and then I was told I'm just not mod material. it's a scam. the mods are all monkeys that sit around eating bananas and flinging poop at computer screens.

do a search, I posted a pic of the ats "mod team" somewhere here.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
couldn't imagine having to read all the posts on a forum I'm not interested in.

You think they do much reading? *cough* "skim" *cough*, let me get out of here before they come back... Wait, they probably wont even read this either.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
That's it Westpoint. I'm sending you to the highest ATS court!! With the all powerful Great White and Furry hazelnut eating one as the only judge.

P.S: The Supermods and Admins have a God (although not all know it yet) and it is HE who decides who gets to mod ATS.

All numbers hail!!

[edit on 6-9-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
With the all powerful Great White and Furry hazelnut eating one as the only judge.

I'd take a guess at who that might be but I'll play it safe for now, only because I too like hazelnuts.

P.S. Why do some Mod's and Super Mod's have their status written in smaller and non underlined text? Never really got an answer for that one...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23P.S. Why do some Mod's and Super Mod's have their status written in smaller and non underlined text? Never really got an answer for that one...

it's not the size of the text or the underline of the text that makes the mod, it's how they use their powers. I've heard from some of the lady members that those large text mods are really not capable of doing the job they are supposed to be doing.

you guys know who you are.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You're just jealous because your "Member" is small.
Just look at it hanging out over there. It's so small you'd hardly notice it. Mine's LARGE and underlined because it is desired by all.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

P.S. Why do some Mod's and Super Mod's have their status written in smaller and non underlined text? Never really got an answer for that one...

The only reason you may come across this, is the Mod does not have any custom titles under their name. Nygdan & wecomeinpeace are two mods that have this. No lack of power, only lacking a custom title.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join