It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Real!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I was watching something on National Geographic called “Is it Real”. This episode had to do with crop circles. I am a serious sceptic as to the origins and I do believe that these are actually man made. I haven’t looked into this phenomena as I just really don’t find it seriously interesting. However, I watched this episode and I guess the most interesting part of it was the fact that there was some dude on there that filmed, with a video camera, a couple of “lights” or silvery objects flying over a field. I think the area was near some “Iron Castle” or “Steel Castel” – well something in the metallic castle range.
Anyways, as they swooped over the field in haphazard movements; below them, in the field, crop circles appeard as they moved over the area. It seemed real due to the fact that I looked at the other scenery and movement from the camera and they didn’t “move” with the camera like they were added or fakes but had a real mind of there own. I think there were three (I will just call them) orbs. The seemed to create a large circle in the middle with about 6 smaller circles around it connected by straight flat areas.

Has anyone seen this? Do you know if it is still unproven as to what it was or was it debunked? Interested to know…

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yeah,the guy who filmed it hoaxed it somehow.He admitted to it.It definitely looked cool though!I believe 90% are manmade but some are too detailed and sophisticated to be done by a couple of guys with planks and rope.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
Yeah,the guy who filmed it hoaxed it somehow.He admitted to it.It definitely looked cool though!I believe 90% are manmade but some are too detailed and sophisticated to be done by a couple of guys with planks and rope.

Cool! I guess possibly the more complicated/sophisticated of the "crop circles" may be not of human origin but again, as i say, I am a sceptic but that doesn't mean i am totally shut down to any possibilities.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
I agree

Mod edit: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have always been skeptical about Crop Circles. I got quite excited when the first few were found years ago but they are definately man made in my opinion. I reckon there are a number of hidden groups within the UK and elsewhere that keep their activities secret so they can have some fun out in the fields. I would go so far as to say that I bet they probably compete with each other to see who can do the most elaborate pattern.

How on earth could a ufo touch down in a field and leave that?, i seriously can't see aliens running around in a field making pictures, I would suspect they have better things to do.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
But they found higher magnetic field inside some crop circles and crop is not broken

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
II guess the most interesting part of it was the fact that there was some dude on there that filmed, with a video camera, a couple of “lights” or silvery objects flying over a field. I think the area was near some “Iron Castle” or “Steel Castel” – well something in the metallic castle range.

I think you are referring to the "Oliver’s Castle" video, which is one of the videos that crops [no pun intended] up on ATS, Youtube, Google Videos etc etc on a regular basis.

Just to confirm that fact, you may want to see if you recognise the footage on Google Video at this link.

The video is generally (but not universally) regarded as a hoax by John Wabe of Bristol, England.

The relevant crop circle formation was found at Oliver's Castle, near Devizes, England on the morning of 11th August 1996.

A video was shown to various individuals at The Barge Inn late in the evening of 11th August 1996 by an individual introducing himself as "John Weyleigh". (Some of those involved claim the video they were shown was different from that subsequently shown on TV and now available on the Internet).

The video shown on TV was given by “John” to Colin Andrews at a meeting on 17th August 1996.

Colin Andrews has written about his investigation of the video (which included hiring a private detective) as well as referring to a filmed confession by John Wabe.

Given the key words of "John Wabe" and "Oliver's Castle", you should find plenty of views about this video on the Internet, including the material at the link below:
www.rense.com...

For a (very) detailed account of the background to the video, see also:
www.lovely.clara.net...

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I should have included links to threads on ATS which discuss the Oliver's Castle video.

Relevant threads (roughtly in order of interest) include the following:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Isaac

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

I think you are referring to the "Oliver’s Castle" video, which is one of the videos that crops [no pun intended] up on ATS, Youtube, Google Videos etc etc on a regular basis.

Yes I believe that's the one. I wasn't paying enough attention to the story so i missed the proper name.

I guess, as mentioned above in this thread, there are possibly groups competing in the same way graffiti artists would on walls etc. Pretty cool whether done my ETs or humans. Only issue is that it damages crops and farmers obviously b1tch a lot about that. I don’t blame them really cos some of those circles are relatively huge!

[edit on 7/9/2006 by shearder]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Yes I believe that's the one. I wasn't paying enough attention to the story so i missed the proper name.

I guess, as mentioned above in this thread, there are possibly groups competing in the same way graffiti artists would on walls etc. Pretty cool whether done my ETs or humans. Only issue is that it damages crops and farmers obviously b1tch a lot about that. I don’t blame them really cos some of those circles are relatively huge!

[edit on 7/9/2006 by shearder]
Crops are not demaged

top topics

join