It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair to resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Tony Blair has announced he will quit as labour leader on may 31 2007,and will resign as primeminister 8 weeks later on july 26 2007.

source

I wonder who the next leader will be?Gordon brown?

thoughts?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That's kind of weird. Almost year away?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Read the whole article. The Blair administation says what the Sun says is just speculation. Must be a slow news day. Enough said

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Read the whole article. The Blair administation says what the Sun says is just speculation. Must be a slow news day. Enough said

True but this has been coming for a while it was just a matter of when not if.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Tony Blair has announced he will quit as labour leader on may 31 2007,and will resign as primeminister 8 weeks later on july 26 2007

As I said in the other thread, this is speculation is all it is. Blair has not went in front of the press and actually said he will resign on the 31st May 2007.

He will go when his legacy tour has finished. His resignation will come when he decides his time is up. Like the guy or hate the guy, at least the press should stop acting like vultures, every time a so called item is leaked from 10 D/Street.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Tony Blair has announced he will quit as labour leader on may 31 2007,and will resign as primeminister 8 weeks later on july 26 2007.

Actually, and I don't know if they updated the article since you posted, it reads:

"Seven Labour MPs have quit Government posts in protest at Tony Blair's refusal to say when he will stand down as PM...

...Earlier, The Sun reported he will step down as Labour leader on May 31 and resign as PM on July 26"

So Blair hasn't resigned, The Sun is speculating.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

Originally posted by kuhl

Actually, and I don't know if they updated the article since you posted, it reads:

"Seven Labour MPs have quit Government posts in protest at Tony Blair's refusal to say when he will stand down as PM...

...Earlier, The Sun reported he will step down as Labour leader on May 31 and resign as PM on July 26"

So Blair hasn't resigned, The Sun is speculating.

That must be the case I posted this about 13 hours ago.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
doesnt really matter who the next one will be...their all corupt.
All the government entities should resign, and let people rule themself...oh, but people arent mature enough I suppose, so lets keep the organized crime provided by the governments of the world...keeps us safer.

Peace

dalen

edit:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

appears this is already being discussed

[edit on 7-9-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Lol it got me how they stated Blair was to apear on Blue Peter as part of his "farewell tour" whats he gonna do sit there and use the imortal line of " and heres a country i ruined earlier"

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
Lol it got me how they stated Blair was to apear on Blue Peter...

Now children, to make a war you will need: 2 toilet-roll holders, 4 empty yoghurt pots, 30,000 troops (guns can be dangerous so get a grown-up to do the fighting for you) and some sticky-backed plastic...

...and here's a dossier we made-up earlier

[edit on 7-9-2006 by timski]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, I guess his resignation is official. The news hit ATSNN earlier today
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
he claims it will be within the next 12 months although he hasn't named a date yet, personally i cant seem him lasting a fraction of that time, there are already rumblings coming from inside the labour party

Edn

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't really understand what the problem is, why are people pestering him about a resignation date anyway?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
because the goverment are effectively paralysed until he **#&s off, no mater what legislation ect they dream up it cant really be implemented until the new blokes in place

new topics

top topics

join