It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a weird dream..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
yeah it's just a dream. if my dreams were all real, especially the ones i repeat, we'd be a bunch of hotdogs walking around on the planet Ketchup with black spiders as pets (i ate a ton of hotdogs while watching the movie Aracnaphobia once)

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sugar Ray leonard often dreamed about his fights. the dreams turned out accurate. Penn, perhaps some proof would be good as opposed to arrogantly proclaming your view with no substantiation.

I've no interest in penetrating anyones refusal to accept new ideas or possibilities, I have posted truthful information about Sugar Ray. You can continue to choose to disregard & disbelieve, but that is the pathway of no progress.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
But we only know so much of what the brain can do.

Perhaps the way things happen exert an essence of things before they occur. I don\'t really know how to explain it, but perhaps the brain is sucking in stuff that are given off before an event occurs. Let\'s say you can sense things before they happen because they discharge auras that can lead to something.

So when your brain senses it, it collects random stuff, but when something is able to piece together, your brain dreams it..

Arg.. I don\'t know how to explain it..

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Brain does very little, sends signals through neuron synapses. When one is having an OBE, one still thinks & percieves without ones brain.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black Sword
Sugar Ray leonard often dreamed about his fights. the dreams turned out accurate. Penn, perhaps some proof would be good as opposed to arrogantly proclaming your view with no substantiation.

I've no interest in penetrating anyones refusal to accept new ideas or possibilities, I have posted truthful information about Sugar Ray. You can continue to choose to disregard & disbelieve, but that is the pathway of no progress.

Blacksword..
if Sugar ray drempt every single punch, step, sweat droplet, crowd member and so forth id be convinced of ur theory.

simply because he dreampt he'd win or lose.. isnt proof. its good luck on a 50/50 chance.

Humans arent some mystical magical future predicting beings.

We are skin, bone and living tissue. We dont have paranormal energy.
We are living ANIMALS.

We cannot see the future in dreams. Its all make believe creativity our brain interprets while we sleep and use our SUBLEVEL.

If we were using our SUBLEVEL, our MINIMAL functions.. you'd think when we were awake, and using our full potential we'd be able to see the future too?

I love new idea's and new proposals..
The world is about change.

But sure as hell, in our past and future humans cannot read the future while they sleep. Its sci fi at best!

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
id like to know whos dream this is, yours or ats dream, tsunamilight. you asked what other people think of this supposid dream or ats nightmare, then in the second lime down from that you answer the questions as if it were your dream.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't really know what it was. I just don't want it to happen again. I want to keep dreaming about my kung fu battles where I win.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Agit, no theory, fact. & Sugar ray does not need to dream every punch, every drop of sweat, that's silly. He would dream a component of the fight, usually if he got knocked down, then it would occur same as it did in the dream.

Hans Joachim Marseille, ( pilot in ww2 ), dreamed he fell out of his cockpit & biff! it was all over. & that is exactly how he died. Japanese pilot Nishizawa had same thing happen, dreamed how he died & he died same as the dream showed. Another german pilot dreamed 177 was enough, ( 177 planes ), he shot down number 178 & then was himself shot down & killed.

None of the events in the dreams had occurred yet & therefore could not possibly already be in the brain, or mind whichever word you're comfortable with.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
OP has some good points.. Most off the comman exp. WE all have at one point in our lives said, man that dream felt so real! So thats a comman exp we all have had.. Either side has not had define proof stating otherwise..
So I find its best to just keep an open mind to anything, the moment you start disclosing any thought is when you begin to find yourself with a narrow mind..( but just to state those with to much an open mind are open for being scammed and mislead by those with powerful creative powers, AKA artist/music/writting ablity.
While still on the same hand I understand, its not something we are for the most part ready to deal with.. So we come on here to say no way.. thats none sense, or that dreams are just dreams, and nothing more than our lives and minds working itself out threw our daily lives.. But I can say this, things that would have never been dreamed would never be here right now in our current state of being..
Dreams are dreams right now, and I can neither prove anything, or try to tell you otherwise, I can just post and say, keep an open mind, we might be "only" human with nothing specail about us, we are skin and bone.. Or that the skin and bone is the most magical thing that has happened to this planet in a long time.. Think about the splendid nature of skin and bone.. Soceity likes to make us think we are nothing magical, when the grass and trees that give off energy is magic in its truest forms, just look up Native american culture, or African cultures...
But just to speak from my life where I go to work and feed my kids and love my wife, this stuff is none sense and doesnt pay my bills nor does it have anything to do with my current life, or does it.. that choice is up to you, I know how I feel about dreams and how powerful of a force that energy can be on our feelings..
take what you like out of that
thanks for listening..

Zysin5

[edit on 10-9-2006 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
First of all, I will not assume that this was just a dream, because honestly I wasn't there, so I don't know. Perhaps it was a real event, perhaps it wasn't? You are the one who knows whether it was a dream or not, because you are the one who had the experience.

Troy

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black Sword
Agit, no theory, fact. & Sugar ray does not need to dream every punch, every drop of sweat, that's silly. He would dream a component of the fight, usually if he got knocked down, then it would occur same as it did in the dream.

Hans Joachim Marseille, ( pilot in ww2 ), dreamed he fell out of his cockpit & biff! it was all over. & that is exactly how he died. Japanese pilot Nishizawa had same thing happen, dreamed how he died & he died same as the dream showed. Another german pilot dreamed 177 was enough, ( 177 planes ), he shot down number 178 & then was himself shot down & killed.

None of the events in the dreams had occurred yet & therefore could not possibly already be in the brain, or mind whichever word you're comfortable with.

Alright, id love to check this out.
Could you provide, links, proof or something where sugary ray explains his fights, then says he dreampt it all.

If its going to take me analysing this to show you its a complete and utter amount of HORSE MANURE.. then so be it.

But the point still stands. You cannot dream the future, when every second its out of your HANDS what direction the future takes.

Again, If I dream tommrow Im going to make a coffee, and accidently drop the cup.. does that make me a prediction teller?
So what happens to my martial status when i wake up and kill myself?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I've seen Sugar ray say it in interviews. read written word for word testimony of Marseille. Your theory that it is horse manure is horse manure simply because you have no proof to support it. therefore your theory is horse manure.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well i had a dream many years ago now but i still remeber it like it was dreamt last night. I dreamt i was taken into a spaceship and flown above Earth, Earth was a fantastic sight from space. Next thing i know i am flown to a planet and told the name. I step out of the spacecraft via a ramp and see cheering crowds. I ask the ailen standing by me why are they cheering. I was told they are cheering the return of their leader, ie me !! The ailen said it had been time for me to return back home and be with "my people" again. I felt completly relaxed and not threatend at all. Next thing i knew i was shown Earth history (can't remember this ) and i came to the end of Earth Time with witnessing the sun exploding. Suddenly i woke up with a jolt. Quite a dream eh? It was a very memorable dream, and for about a month afterwards i had reoccuring dreams about being taken into space quite a few times.

Was i abducted, i dont think so. Was it real? nope. It was a dream, it had to be, but boy what a dream and i reckon i could write a good sci fi story based on it !!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So dreams are just DREAMS?

If they are JUST dreams how does one explain dreams that come true, as in dreaming the Challenger exploded?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sorry, I guess I killed this tread by asking that question.

This was an interesting thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here is a question for you guys.

You are dreaming. You open a book and start reading things. Things that you never knew in real life. Then you wake up and see that what you read was true.

How did my brain knew thouse things?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join