It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange noises last night outside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi all,

I'm open to all things paranormal but haven't actually seen anything before, but last night i certainly HEARD something.

I live in the west end of Edinburgh in Scotland. Behind the flat I stay in there is a heavily wooded path (Well lit) that runs parallel to a busy main road. For some reason on a Sunday night i don't have a fantastic nights sleep due to thinking about work the next day but whilst I was dozing at around 3:30 in the morning I heard a sound outside that seemed to be coming from the path. It's difficult for me to describe the noise but it started as a low noise then slowly rose into a higher pitch. The sound would last for about six seconds then stop. After maybe 30 to 40 seconds i would hear it again. I looked through the blinds that look out of the back and couldn't see anything and after lying there listening for a while it sounded as if it was slowly moving away and eventually it drifted off. Now I know it could have been anything down to a person making the noise or perhaps an animal but to me it just sounded so ghostly and mournful. If it was human they must have been doing it very subtely. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
sounds very similar to something known as low frequwncy noise

www.defra.gov.uk...

I know it happens round my area and its quite bizarre.
noone seems do be able to explain it

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Have you ever heard cats fighting or making aggressive noises at night? That sounds really creepy especially in the quiet of night.

Did it sound like these cats?

[edit on 9/4/2006 by librasleep]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Yeah i have heard cats before, they can sometimes sound like babies crying and stuff but this was a much lower pitch than a cat. Someone also suggested that it may be a fox but I researched some sounds on the net and it's definately not one of them,

I didn't hear it last night but i'll keep you posted and maybe even try and get a recording if i can.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Take a recording of it. Its hard to describe sound through text and then ask people for their thoughts.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Could be badgers.

They make a huge variety of noises and have, in the past, given rise to stories of totured souls, ghosts of dead babies etc. due to some high pitched wailing sounds.

See also All you need to know about badgers

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It was probably a grizzly giving birth.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Maybe it was an electrical box screwing up or something?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It was probably a Jakey... lol...

I used to have a flat in the W/E of Edinburgh mate, and I remember walking home along Rose Street at about 4am in December a few years ago.. Anyway, I eventually I got to Charlotte Square and there was a guy/girl (i was drunk and can't remember or didn't notice) sitting on the Kerb on the middle part of the square. Anyway, I put my head down to light a ciggie and when I put it back up there was nobody there... Could have been something, probably nothing, but interesting and strange none the less..

Seeing as how the W/E is relatively new (in terms of Edinburgh) it's not one of the more well known areas of the city to have paranormal activity, but saying that, Edinburgh is a very strange place...

I live in London now and I miss Edinburgh so much. I used to work in the City Chambers in the pensions dept of Edinburgh council, anyone who knows the geography of the city will know that in the old part of the city buildings are build on the sides of hills so some parts of them are underground so to speak, anyway, the toilets downstairs from my office ocassionally had a smell of cigar smoke (non smoking building) and i swear once i heard a girl crying in there.... very cool experience... not scary at all....

new topics

top topics

join