It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right At Your Door: Los Angeles up in smoke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Due to be released here in the UK 3 days before the 5 year anniversary of 9/11 is a film that depicts massive terror attacks in downtown LA involving multiple dirty bombs that engulf the city in toxic clouds.

Right At Your Door, written and directed by Chris Gorak and starring Rory Cochrane, is a relatively low budget Independent thriller that was snapped up by UK company Lionsgate and will be mass distributed this September. The film will be released in the US sometime in 2007.

src: infowars.net...

Interesting movie that has all the right scare tactics set in place. The timing is somewhat poor but a dose of reality in many ways. LA has been repeatedly named as a possible target and this type of event could easily transpire. Is this just more psychological drama to keep everyone on edge?

movie site: www.rightatyourdoormovie.co.uk...

brill

[edit on 1-9-2006 by brill]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
As I grew up disliking California, overall, part of me would watch something like that in glee. I'd probably cheer when Hollywood goes up in flames.

Then I'd feel guilty because it's not kosher to cheer terrorists.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
jlc163 - is that really necessary?

As a resident of Los Angeles, and having watched the clip, I can attest that L.A. is far to large and spread out for a 'dirty bomb' to have a real effect. While the effects of major amounts of smoke in L.A. are impressive, the sad reality is that if you were to detonate a bomb that could produce that much perceived smoke and damage than it would not have to be a 'dirty bomb' at all. A character in the clip states that "downtown Beverly Hills is gone", which would indicate a bomb of at least nuclear capability because there is nothing in any countries arsenal that could take out that large an area with conventional explosives. So to me, the story is far fetched at best, just another Hollywood Movie which may be part of the scare tactics used repeatedly by our criminal Administration.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
As I grew up disliking California, overall, part of me would watch something like that in glee. I'd probably cheer when Hollywood goes up in flames.

I don't really like L.A. that much either, but gosh I don't want it to go up in flames!

We still need those guys to come up with excellent films like Snakes on a Plane afterall...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If multiple dirty bombs went off in L.A. you could expect it to be followed by mass riots and anarchy. It would with out a doubt be an ugly seen.

My question is why is this being shown in the UK? Who in the UK really cares about LA? It's obviously not U.S. prop b/c its not being shown here so why are they bothering to show this there?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
If multiple dirty bombs went off in L.A. you could expect it to be followed by mass riots and anarchy.

Sorry to be OT, but why would it cause Anarchy? I think you mean chaos?
I don't think dirty bombs LA would create a stateless society of free people.

Sry I just hate that word being used incorrectly.

Anarchy; what it really means

Anyway another movie based on fear to perpetuate a fear based society. What is mans most easily manipulated emotion? Fear. A person in fear will do almost anything it's told to if it is convinced that it will make them safe. E.g. allow it's government to create a totaleristic state and even support it.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

That is the most repulsive, insensitive, politically incorrect statement I have heard in a long time.. and somehow refreshing.

Though really. Alot of people would die, though such an attack may be more of a attack against Mexico, then America.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If multiple dirty bombs went off in L.A. you could expect it to be followed by mass riots and anarchy. It would with out a doubt be an ugly seen.

My question is why is this being shown in the UK? Who in the UK really cares about LA? It's obviously not U.S. prop b/c its not being shown here so why are they bothering to show this there?

Yeah that's what i thought...strange how the UK is acutally showing the movie first :S

but also...why wouldn't the movie be shown here, or anywhere else in the world? The Day after tomorrow was, ID4 was....all the bad stuff happens to America in those movies but we still like it

It's like New York city. ALL the bad things happen there, (armageddon, deep impact, godzilla) I love all those movies even if its just American...

[edit on 2-9-2006 by twisted_fate]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

is this because you hate hispanics or blacks? what makes you say such things.
maybe you should see a shrink before you do something to harm someone else , you know just to be gleeful.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

That is the most repulsive, insensitive, politically incorrect statement I have heard in a long time.. and somehow refreshing.

Though really. Alot of people would die, though such an attack may be more of a attack against Mexico, then America.

ignorance is bliss.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Good question and it probably has to do with distrubtion rights. Summer 2007 is the US release but I'm sure it'll be on the 'net well before that.

brill

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just to add, does anyone think this could be a bit prophetic? I look back last year when the FX movie (I think it was called Oil Storm) eerily depicted what could happen when a major storm hit the oil based Gulf of Mexico region. Yes I realize that event and this event are not directly related nor are they intended to be. However with todays announcement by the al-Zawahiri it seems like something major is definitely in the short term making and maybe LA is the new ground zero.

brill

[edit on 2-9-2006 by brill]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by Rockpuck

ignorance is bliss.

Mind explaining my comment as ignorant, mr. Elitegamer23. You, being so much more civilized then I, for I do not seem to know how to behave in an apropriate fashion on these boards. Please, Elitegamer23 explain my ignorance so that I can spare you people in the future.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
LA has gone up in flames at least twice during my lifetime. Neither time was it attributable to "terrorists."

Somehow, it keeps coming back.

[edit on 2006/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

join