It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic At a Disco sounds pathetic live!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoBrandonRaps
That truly is a shame. While they may be a cookie cutter band and aimed towards a certain audience there's no excuse to throw a bottle at someone who is on stage doing their thing. I don't see anyone throwing bottles at #ty trance/electronica/goth fusion bands or whatever just because their music is aimed towards misguided teens who do have no friends and spend all their time going to raves.

*Disclaimer*
I did not say that ALL people that listen to trance/electronica/goth fusion bands are misguided teens with no friends...just as not ALL panic at the disco fans are 13 year old teeny boppers. I happen to like them on cd, because yes, its damn catchy and I can appreciate a fun song.

um... even suggesting that trance is aimed at misguided teens is totally off. also, not every edm show is a freakin rave. i wish people would understand that to. If i go to the club to see a dj spin its not a rave. Rave music is actually completely different.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Having done A LOT of sound engineering I can tell you with 100% certainty that:

a) The singer uses a huge amout of pitch modulation (correction) on the recordings.

This basically means that he can't sing on key, so the software puts it in key for him.

b) The singer lip sync's live.

Not sure about this occasion, but if you take a look at the sound desk when they play live the engineer is carefully dubbing the vocals.

And yes - They suck

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've never even heard one of their songs, but I saw a picture of them in People magazine and they looked like girls.

Music truly is a generational thing and based on this generation's music, I don't like where this world is headed. That goes for country music as well.

Bring back hair bands.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Bring back hair bands.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Two weeks ago the performed at the TMF Awards in The Netherlands, they weren't really that great as I expect them to be, they sounded really bad. For me inmidiatly I stopped liking the song, knowing that they are such bad performers. It's a pitty!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Panic at the Disco sounds pathetic at all times. What a waste. Music has really gone downhill. Bunch of hip-hopping jokers.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That probably explains the name:

Panic AT the Disco.

From this point on they should be called:

Relax At The Studio.
RATS

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm gonna leave the whole "this generation's music sucks" debate alone; I think there's plenty enough for everyone else to say about that, so I'll stay out of it myself. But this:

Originally posted by The Black Widow
I say this much. PATD is a rookie band. As a musician myself, I know it takes time to build up the charisma and endurance to be able to perform on stage without sounding like crap. So unless you can do it, then i say give them a break or shove it.

While I agree with you that it takes time to get up to the point you can perform on stage decently, I see no reason a band that can't perform should be allowed to play a public gig as big as the MTV awards. That's what basements and garages are for.

Most people can't do it. I know I can't, I've tried--I put in many years busting my rear on the piano and I know perfectly well I'm incapable of performing in front of a crowd. At the same time though, like most people I also know what sounds good and what doesn't (to me at least), and I know that for every band who can't handle performing on stage, there's 20 others that can handle it who are flipping burgers for rent money while crap bands like this are playing big gigs.

Some respect for the musicians--even if they are crap--is deserved from the audience. The singer may not be great, but even if they're terrible they've probably put in a ton of effort to get where they are. I won't dispute that in the slightest. However, the group should have the same respect for the audience, who's taking time out of their lives, spending the money they've earned, to come and see what they expect to be a damned good show. If the group can't provide that, they need to step back down to a level they can handle.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Panic at the Disco and Similar Bands really Infuriates me the way there hyped up and were all told that there "cool" and "fresh" They almost beleive it themselves.

There a Virus on Music that needs eradicating quick.

as for the Singing, Well I can't realy sing so I cant Bitch about that,
But at least I have Good Original Music Behind me, which is the main thing.

Chk it out below

ps McGuirk, I added your Myspace band

[edit on 2-11-2006 by TrentReznor]

[edit on 2-11-2006 by TrentReznor]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
...like, issue a sincere apology and take it all back, the hair bands...

Say what? Hair bands ruled!!
Your piehole runneth over.
j/k BTW

Let's all take a trip back in time to when rock was really rock:

www.youtube.com...

Peace

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Dr Love]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join