It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born into the wrong body.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I don't know if anyone has ever posted anything like this on the site before I didn't see anything on the front page and if there was one that was old I didn't want to bring a dead thread up again.

Has anyone heard of a soul being born into the wrong body? Anyone who has traveled on the astral planes do you know if this can happen? Ive always had a sort of hunch that my soul was born into the wrong body. I look at myself in the mirror and I just don't think that it's me, I don't feel like this body is mine. I feel like I accidentaly came upon this body and that I can't get out.

Ive always felt a rather heartfelt attatchment to Wolves and I know it may sound crazy but sometimes I have wished I was a wolf therefore I believe that my soul is that of a wolf and that I was either: Born into the wrong body somehow, or I may have done something wrong in a past life as a wofl and therefore I was reincarnated as a human and this is my soul's first experience as a human.

I know if probobly sounds crazy but I've always bit my fingers raw, not my nails, the skin aroudn my nails, yes it hurts like crazy, and yes I've tried everything that I can to stop, putting that nasty tasting stuff on em, taping them for a few days, everything but I can't stop and so I've often wondered if it's my wolf soul trying to escape my human body.

I would love to astral project and just be able to leave my body for even a little while just to see what it's like and to see how I feel outside my body and maybe visit a higher being and ask about it.

Thank you for looking, anyone have any thoughts, comments, oppinions, or stories on this topic? Thank you.

Justin

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Misc thoughts on the subject I hope helps you.

It does seem that souls can have a hard time coming and going. Many of our feelings about such subject seem to be gut feelings or things we just know naturualy. I have always had a few thoughts about the subject that a true evil soul on death would come back as a 1000 moths as if the soul split into many pieces and each had only value of a bug.

Also I have always felt there was something to how bugs chase light as they fly into a light over and over. Maybe symbolic of going back. I guess we are all attracted to light really. Another thought is how sunliight can give us a natural high as newsreports related sun tanning to an opiate high. Which can be relate dto empathy feeling.

I watched a show on reincarnation and it stated how certain people would have memories of places and events,etc. Also upon birth marks on a body would be erelated to how one died in the past life. Like red area or scar like area.

When I met my wife I always remember her birthdate was symbolic to me and I still don't understand why. This was before I took interestto such topics.

I have also had dreams and feelings that we are with certain people to help them and vice versa. So in the big picture all things work out. Kind of like we give each other experiences needed to complete eachother in the grand finale. Like if in your past life you had issues in a certain area you would be in contact with a person in this life that just fromo the interaction would resolve deep seated issues you are not even aware of.

I also watched a show on psychic children and the only part of the show that grabbed me was when one of the parents stated that their daughter at a very early age said I choose you for my parents. I was awe struck since I have held a feeling that before we enter this world we can kind of pick our life's mission and needs for each individual soul.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My awareness is truely in the wrong body. I always thought of being better and more powerful, but up to date I can't know what will I be when I die.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've tried for so long to be able to Astral Project but I cannot. I've recently heard that I should practice Lucid Dreaming first and so I'm concentrating on that right now.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is an excellent book for you, OP, called Steppenwolf, by Herman Hesse.

It's about a man who believes he possesses the soul of a wolf, but lives in Germany in the 1920's.

There is an excellent "book within a book" called "Treatise on the Steppenwolf." I think it would really speak to your attitude, and psychological needs.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Perhaps it's not the wrong body, but rather you don't yet see yourself the way you'd like to.

I used to feel strange when I looked in a mirror, almost as if it was the wrong body. But now when I look, I see me... the person I set out to become. I look different (to myself) in the mirror now... even physically. I think personality changes can effect the way a person looks.

Another thing to consider is that maybe this feeling could be due to an attachment from a another life. Maybe you WERE a wolf, but you're not anymore, so get used to it.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

There is an excellent book for you, OP, called Steppenwolf, by Herman Hesse.

It's about a man who believes he possesses the soul of a wolf, but lives in Germany in the 1920's.

There is an excellent "book within a book" called "Treatise on the Steppenwolf." I think it would really speak to your attitude, and psychological needs.

"I thought someone was having a sex change . . . "
Oh gee I didn't even think of that LOL Shoulda used a different title eh? Oops....

"Steppenwolf"
Oh wow i'll have to look that up and definatly check it out thanks!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Anyone who has traveled on the astral planes do you know if this can happen?

I have travelled these astral planes of which you speak; and the answer is no.
I-I...I don't know how to break this to you, but; you're a werewolf.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
it might be, or, it is that ones consciousness recalls past lives bodies and due to this thinks that he is in a wrong body.

might be that tasks that needed to be fulfilled in the earlier body weren't fulfilled and it might be strange doing them in the new body, wich is created to fulfill also the past tasks and the new ones??

a thought on this.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

you're a werewolf.

Sweet! I've always wondered about that too. Frieken awesome.

it might be, or, it is that ones consciousness recalls past lives bodies and due to this thinks that he is in a wrong body.might be that tasks that needed to be fulfilled in the earlier body weren't fulfilled and it might be strange doing them in the new body, wich is created to fulfill also the past tasks and the new ones??

Yea that could be too, it makes a lot of sence.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Documentry about people like you who beleived they were trully wolfs and should been but were born into the wrong bodys etc...so they formed a group and do meetings and act out like wolfs and let their nature side take over...pretty crazy as they howl and stuff and pretend they wolfs...But surlly ya don't wanna pretend your wolf like them right...right?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There's actually a term for what you're experiencing. I've talked with a small number of people like you and they call themselves "therianthropes." You might want to google for some of the groups, although I suspect from your avatar artwork that you've already found some of them.

It's different from "werewolves" and "shifters" ... some folks may try to point you to these groups, but the true therianthrope is a rather different sort of experience.

(I started to study them when I was getting my degree in anthropology. Didn't follow up on this, but the initial conversations were very interesting.)

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't think We can be born into the wrong body. There are no 'accidents' as I believe it. I too feel displaced. Not that I feel I should be anyone or anything else, but that I've missed My mark. I feel like the oil in the vinegar bottle. Unlike some religions, I'm not sure if there's reincarnation between humans/animals. I believe we all come from the same Light. Memories of the collective conscience? There have been cultures that have worshiped/lived as wolves, or bears, even birds. Maybe like some Native American cultures You feel a kinship with wolves, a brotherhood. Maybe You were of these cultures in a previous life? Take it and embrace it, learn all You can. You have a self awareness that many fail to achieve.

Peace. K*

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
your soul origin also might be that of a wolf. maybe back then centuries ago your spirit was part of a wolves?

new topics

top topics

join