It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bob barker?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
i heard that bob barker is going to be running for prime minister of canada...anybody else hear that?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It cannot possibly be true. In Canadian politics, you don't 'run for prime minister'. To become prime minister, you have to become the leader of a political party, and then that political party has to win the election. The way the Canadian system works, an independent can never become prime minister.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I suppose that this is how urban legends are created. "Bob Barker is running for the office of Canadian Prime Minister" will be on every Americans lips soon. Really. I am myself an American who has lived in Canada for the better part of twenty years and I have become acutely aware of the ignorance and genuine indifference that with which Americans perceive Canada.

It's almost as if Americans regard Canada as some sort of 'semi-country' that is almost, but not quite, ready to acknowledged as being 'separate' from the United States.

I think that many Americans might actually come to 'believe' that Bob Barker wants to run Canada. After so many years hosting "The Price is Righ" game show, he deserves a simple, relaxing retirement gig.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Maybe Bob signed up for the Liberal leadership race?

You know what would be really awesome?

Imagine Bob and Ken Dryden getting into an argument during the convention and Bob jerseys Dryden and then Dryden tries to hug him but Bob's throwing punches at his head and all of a sudden they start playing the Hockey Night in Canada theme.

And then during the national debates, they could bring up that announcer guy and he could introduce them and be the moderator. Giles Duceppe, come on down! At the end, they all spin a big wheel and whoever gets the closest to a dollar without going over gets to run the country and a brand new car!

It probably won't happen though. You have to be Canadian to be our Prime Minister.

*At this point, I want to say to the original poster that I'm not making fun of him or his post. In fact, I love his post. I loved it so much I decided to think about how cool that would be. And I think I have proven that yes, the coolness factor of having Bob Barker running for Prime Minister is pretty high.

I'm also a big animal lover and if Bob were our PM, he would make sure our pets were spayed and neutered and then we wouldn't have so many being abandoned and put down.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
well all i know is that one day on the price is right, about a week ago, he said that...i dont know if he was kidding or not...i just dont want him to leave the show

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Not to mention Bob has to be pushing 90 years old. It might be a little late to start thinking about a career in politics.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
To become Prime Minister of Canada you must first become a citizen of Canada. For an American it can take a minimum of 5 years to become a citizen, and sometimes longer.

The manadory retirement age of a Canadian Prime Minister is 75 years old, and Bob Barker is already 83 years old. Add another five years and that puts him over 88 years.
That's well beyond what the law would allow, and 4-5 years in office whould put him at 93 years of age before his term would expire.

This ones a no brainer, it just won't happen.

But Bob is welcome to "COME ON UP", we'd all be glad to see him take his show on the road and shoot some episodes in the "Great White North".

I'd love a spin on the big wheel, and a chance to give him a kiss on the cheek.

[edit on 31/8/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Imagine Bob and Ken Dryden getting into an argument during the convention and Bob jerseys Dryden and then Dryden tries to hug him but Bob's throwing punches at his head and all of a sudden they start playing the Hockey Night in Canada theme.

And then during the national debates, they could bring up that announcer guy and he could introduce them and be the moderator. Giles Duceppe, come on down! At the end, they all spin a big wheel and whoever gets the closest to a dollar without going over gets to run the country and a brand new car!

Canadian politics has never sounded this great!

Now reality kicks back in and its so depressing.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Cool, he can spade and nueter all those Canadians....

yeahhhhhhhh.....

new topics

top topics

join