It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason Obession

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but can someone explain to me why everyone is obessed with the "masons?" Its seems like someone is always making topics about this subject. Why?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
All of the ATS Mason's are wondering the samething.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
People fear what they don't understand... and inertia keeps most from taking the steps needed to learn.

The ideals of the Masons are things good for pretty much anyone - good societal attributes like tolerance and upstanding moral character.

As well, folks that join tend to be of a certain type - outgoing, social... if you are, for instance, a lazy shut-in, you probably aren't the sort that would apply in the first place.

Membership brings with it several positive skills - public speaking (our ritual work is a big step for the average adult), volunteerism, leadership (stepping up in a volunteer org can be a very valuable skill).

So, in short, our members tend to have good traits and ideals, aren't shy, and tend to pick up a few valuable organizational skills. As such, they are predisposed to do well in life, noticably above the average.

Envy takes its toll, as the average man looks upon them, and wonders why he isn't doing as well. "It must be foul play!", he exclaims, and he associates them in his mind with all of the worst evils he can come up with... whatever is the current 'fad' in evildoing. In times past, it was being 'against the church'. Later on, unpatriotism or corruption. These days, paedophilia is the societal hot button.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes
People fear what they don't understand...

...and fear leads to wisdom.

The purposeful application of fear should lead one to wisdom. Look to NATURE and history for confirmation of this truth.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Partially right Hobbes but there ARE some secrets, modes of recognition. Some people feel that it is there right to know ALL of the secrets, that nothing should be secret. This of course is wrong but it doesn't stop them from wanting to know and the paranoid take it as something nefarious.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Partially right Hobbes but there ARE some secrets, modes of recognition. Some people feel that it is there right to know ALL of the secrets, that nothing should be secret. This of course is wrong but it doesn't stop them from wanting to know and the paranoid take it as something nefarious.

You know, that's a funny thing. Every place where I was unknown to masons, they looked for something other than the standard "secret" modes of recognition.

A lot of tyros can memorize an oath. A real mason can set up a lodge room on his own, and explain a ritual. Whether he has a membership card is not a sure a measure.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
You know, that's a funny thing. Every place where I was unknown to masons, they looked for something other than the standard "secret" modes of recognition.

I travel across the country quite a bit. Since I joined, I've had people I've known for years say "You're a mason? So am I!"

I've never had to interrogate any one of them, to prove it. Their character - their personalities - were proof enough. Yes, funny thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Thank you Intrepid. At least there is one person here to get one of the points we have been trying to make.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hobbs, you've got to be kidding, you actually think envy is the motivation for exploring and attaching conspiracy type ideas towards Masons is derived from envy? That's not even believable. All one would have to do is join to be one, so why sit back in awe?

Well, if anyone is interested I had several revelations in my understanding of Masonic Symblology last night when studying "Justice and the Face of the Great mother" found on website www.bu.edu...
I was checking out some Triple Goddess stuff and ran across the above artice.

This is brainstorming and intuitional insights so don't pick me apart about sources and facts. This is simply how I was able to *see* differently than before.

Triple Moon Goddess represents (among other things) Creation, Preservation, and Destruction the very common tri flame Fire/Sun

Wisdom associatied with Sophia often mentioned in Masonic language.
Justice, even above the Gods
Avenger to maintain and carry out Justice -no grey area, it is or it is not, blind loyalty
Pictured with a sword in right hand, seated (Baphomet, sophia? George Washington)
Kali, one of the triple Goddess wears a necklace around her neck with human skulls
Rituals involving fire and smoke
Maya, one of three Triple Goddesses Maya from the root -ma- to measure or to form, to build Mother of all Life Energy Wow, isn't the first two letters of Masons ma? and the second part son Sun? And that is a whole nother' subject.

To measure form and build the universe. What is above is below. To measure, build, and form mankinds reality.

Sacred Geometry. The secrets of Manifestation

And the whole cry "God help the Widow's son" Isis, Semerimis, Queen of Heaven.

The Black Maddonna
The ultimate void where raw creative juice waits to be measured, built, and formed.

John the Baptist, true baptism with fire of the holy spirit. Hence, the severed head symbol.

The Visica Pisces being ultimately a womb going forth as the fish and playing into sacred geometry.

Did I mention sacred geometry?

Solomons Temple isn't a physical building it is creating reality and not sharing the secret with us bottom feeders

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
All one would have to do is join to be one, so why sit back in awe?

Indeed.

not sharing the secret with us bottom feeders

It's OUR curriculum of degrees. As you said, all one has to do is join...

Do you query your local community college for not sharing its "secrets" concerning French for Beginners?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Aren't they the ones who want/insist on controling government and money?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Roark Couldn't you dig a little deeper into your mental faculties to come up with something besides a comparison to college french?

Talk about thread diversion. I put some symbolic ties out there and you ignored my thoughts instead relating with a foreign language at school. How lame and how obvious. Is part of your function diversion?

Angel Lady You said alot in saying a little.

I don't believe that the Masons are the Alpha and Omega of what is dominating out world, but I do believe that the organization is a scape goat and hiding place for the actual agenda.

No, the average Mason most likely is an average Joe. Not too serious about anything, enjoying the comradre of a fraternal organization. Thinking it cool to have a belief system that the sheeple of the world aren't privvy too, mostly because of their inability to manage basic truth.

Anyway....................

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Roark, allow me to apologize, you didn't ignore my ramblings in a sense you validated them.

Thank you

What is taught in your lodges can't be re-communicated, but intuitional understanding is free for accessing, right?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i think we should just leave em alone they didnt do anything to us so why are we so mean

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Hobbs, you've got to be kidding, you actually think envy is the motivation for exploring and attaching conspiracy type ideas towards Masons is derived from envy?

One reason, yes. Probably the biggest reason.

And it's not just used against the masons... it's not unusual to hear someone target Gates or Trump with such crap. "Hey, he's got a lot of money and success. There's no WAY it's not ill-gotten... he must have some kind of unfair advantage over me."

I submit, for way of example:

Well, if anyone is interested I had several revelations in my understanding of Masonic Symblology last night when studying "Justice and the Face of the Great mother" found on website

You had a revelation. Uh huh... so that makes the 'meanings' you 'discovered' to be authentic, and thus proof of... something?

Fact is, your imagined links are just that... imagined. And by you, not by us.

I also submit:

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Aren't they the ones who want/insist on controling government and money?

Angel Lady You said alot in saying a little.

You're right... she shows that she knows nothing of Freemasonry.

Roark Couldn't you dig a little deeper into your mental faculties to come up with something besides a comparison to college french?

Talk about thread diversion. I put some symbolic ties out there and you ignored my thoughts instead relating with a foreign language at school. How lame and how obvious. Is part of your function diversion?

Actually, it's called analogy, and it's actually quite a good one.

The 'symbolic ties' you put out there are false, and have nothing to do with Freemasonry. On the other hand, you challenged my use of 'envy', and Roark rebutted your point about us 'not sharing secrets with you bottom feeders'. Simply put, any organization that possesses information has the soveriegn right to decide how it is parceled out... a library requires you to get a library card. A university requires you to pay tuition and attend class. The Freemasons require membership.

Of course, as we've pointed out many times, our info is freely available to 'you bottom feeders' on the net. Because our organization is not about hiding information from the unwashed masses, as you suggest.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If, as you propose symbolic ties have nothing to do with Freemasons, then in what language do you suggest Freemasons call their own?

And if in fact the Sacred Knowledge the Freemasons have become privvy to apply to their own lives and experience of this world how can the justification be made by such moral and upstanding social character proponents to be content to allow the masses the contradictory story of Christianity as mainstream population understands it to be.

With your deep insight I would think you may have a life affirming desire to uplift basic humanity by exposing the lie.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i would like to come back on hobbes words. how would you define morality of Alister crowley jsut for mentioning this one. would be fun to like this post with the guys of upper IQ to know what they are thinking about the masons...

and secondly i would like to stress that many people are unfortunately instruments of something they are not knowledgeable about.

my readings lead me to the atrocious disney mind manipulation. I used to love what they are doing but when you study through you realise there is really something odd about what they are doing.

i would like to have the opinion of the boys in iraq about what they are fighting for? just don t be blind there are about 10 poor GI dying everyday in iraq...this is civil war there and they are not using slingshots.

comments welcome.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

If, as you propose symbolic ties have nothing to do with Freemasons, then in what language do you suggest Freemasons call their own?

I didn't say that Freemasons don't express ourselves through symbology... just that the symbolic ties you created/expressed are not ours. They are your creation, not our truth.

And if in fact the Sacred Knowledge the Freemasons have become privvy...

You're assuming that we know something you don't... a fact we've disputed many times.

how can the justification be made by such moral and upstanding social character proponents to be content to allow the masses the contradictory story of Christianity as mainstream population understands it to be.

You're assuming that we know the truth about such things... I hate to break it to you, but the DaVinci Code was fiction.

With your deep insight I would think you may have a life affirming desire to uplift basic humanity by exposing the lie.

Deep insight? Lie? What I think is that you don't have much of a concept of what you speak.

Cug

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

What he is saying is your symbolic ties have nothing to do with the Freemasons. Just like my symbolic ties have nothing to do with the Freemasons.

And if in fact the Sacred Knowledge the Freemasons have become privvy to apply to their own lives and experience of this world how can the justification be made by such moral and upstanding social character proponents to be content to allow the masses the contradictory story of Christianity as mainstream population understands it to be.

Is this not a text book case of jealousy? They have something you don't and you want it.

Originally posted by rougevif
i would like to come back on hobbes words. how would you define morality of Alister crowley jsut for mentioning this one.

A classic red herring, Crowley wasn't a UGLE Freemason so why would his morals have anything to do with them?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
the more i get old...the more i hate beeing part of a system.

pay as you go as they say....LOL

it is also amazing to see how far you can without beeing a mason...i am really proud of myself...;-)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join