It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough of the "God" crud...........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Holy Jebus !!
Enough of the "God" crap !! No more "god loves" and "god spoke to me" also stop with the "god exists" baloney !! It is getting sickening seeing all this horse-poo about how "god" loves all (yet does nothing) and "god" spoke to me (prove it...tape it or video it !) or "god" exists (another prove it !)

If you so into "God"..keep it to yourselves....quit preaching here !

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I can only see your point when people would post a topic like that in the wrong Forum.
That is one reason we have rules on ATS on Mods to make sure people aren't posting in the wrong forum.

So with that, either this stuff isn't being put in the right place or you are actually searching out the "God" posts to read them.

You do have the power to switch the channel and read about something you do like.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I agree, thats for the moderators to decide, you don't have to read it if it doesn't look intresting and if God speeks to some-one i doubt the first thing on there mind would be to video tape it.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Especially if God is invisible....what's to tape?

Maybe if He wore white gloves and a top hat like the invisible man...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Gawd, made me post.

kekeke la~

-the cowboy from hell

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Holy Jebus !!
Enough of the "God" crap !! No more "god loves" and "god spoke to me" also stop with the "god exists" baloney !! It is getting sickening seeing all this horse-poo about how "god" loves all (yet does nothing) and "god" spoke to me (prove it...tape it or video it !) or "god" exists (another prove it !)

This post is complete ignorance for the poster states:

"keep it to yourselves....quit preaching here !"

Yet fails to grasp, understand or acknowledge that what they have done is PREACH to us all why they hate being PREACHED to and they themselves cannot "keep it to themselves".

Ignorance is bliss

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Alpha Grey, do you worship Satan, yourself, and/or a country? Remember that God causes your heart to beat!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Everything seen in this world can usually be defined as having some force or cause behind it, which cannot be seen. Those things which cannot be seen are under laws. When you break laws you may suffer a true response. If you spit in the sky, it shall land in your eye, right? So who's to blame, you or gravity?

For in the null (0) of atheism, God finds his ALL 'infinity' sitting inside the null.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Cinosamitna]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinosamitna
Everything seen in this world can usually be defined as having some force or cause behind it, which cannot be seen. Those things which cannot be seen are under laws. When you break laws you may suffer a true response. If you spit in the sky, it shall land in your eye, right? So who's to blame, you or God?

For in the null (0) of atheism, God finds his ALL 'infinity' sitting inside the null.

Not wanting to start a debate, but just to be a smart ( | ), but I guess it depends on who made the laws of the universe. But then again, if we are put under authority for a reason then no one is at fault for it is just.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Holy Jebus !!
Enough of the "God" crap !! No more "god loves" and "god spoke to me" also stop with the "god exists" baloney !!......

Did i miss something? This is the Faith, Spirituality, and Theology Forum, is it not? Where else would one author threads concerning "God"?

It is as though you go into a church or temple and complain about preaching about God in thier church or temple. Makes little sense. Don't like threads about God? Don't read them.

Or rise above it. Post more intelligent threads, if you feel the ones you have read are deminshing the ATS experience. Or, post a reply in them.

Are you any better for presenting a thread that merely criticizes and belittles the post you find are not worthy in your perspective.

How have these posts gone against the ATS/BTS agreements? Do they break the rules?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I'm actually with Alpha Grey on this one. Everywhere GreatTech goes, he babbles on about "INCREASE YOUR LOVE WITH GOD AND YOU WILL LEVEL UP AND GAIN +3 TO YOU DIVINITY!". Ben to a lesser extend does the same thing. It's getting tiresome already.

QueenAnnie, I find it offensive that you would suggest God wear a top hat and white gloves. God has far too many appendages for gloves. After all, a Flying Spaghetti Monster has to be able to reach many many different areas at once. Say sorry to God and have 11 shots of whiskey and you'll be forgiven. I make a lot of mistakes, and I always make sure I drink the forgiveness shots. Sometimes I drink them even when I haven't done anything wrong. Its more of a pre-emptive strike. You know, just in case.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Holy Jebus !!

if you dont like what you read then leave the link.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

Originally posted by Cinosamitna
Everything seen in this world can usually be defined as having some force or cause behind it, which cannot be seen. Those things which cannot be seen are under laws. When you break laws you may suffer a true response. If you spit in the sky, it shall land in your eye, right? So who's to blame, you or God?

Not wanting to start a debate, but just to be a smart ( | ), but I guess it depends on who made the laws of the universe. But then again, if we are put under authority for a reason then no one is at fault for it is just.

People may laugh at the religious minded for claiming that everything comes from something, or call it 'God'. Yet, the scientific minded individual may imply another kind of religion - that everything comes from nothingness and somehow we are supposed to take them seriously.

If rational people are to believe in the religion of 'atomism' and further assume this is somehow scientific, than I choose the religous view.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I’ll step up and defend the author of this thread, to a degree.

There are 98 threads on the first two pages of this forum. Almost 20 (18) which is about 20% of all threads have been authored by Greatech. Most are one or two liners which just state his opinion as a matter of fact, and in accordance with God.
Forgive me for calling one member of ATS out like this, but it does seem the threads authored by one individual just seem to be snidbits of preachings, usually only a few sentences long, which re-emphasize the same point of view, over, and over, and over again. And, in some cases we the readers are mislead by the title of the thread, and when we go in, just read a lot of the same opinionated jargon. Below are the total of all threads authored by one individual in the last 2 pages who seems to have a perspective that is redundantly over-posted, in some peoples views.

Originally Posted by Greatech
If you speak with Satan, you speak to Aliens

If you speak with God, you speak to angels. What do you think?

What did God say to you when He First Spoke to you?

When He first spoke to me He said: "I am God". When I then asked Him, "who created you"? He said, "I AM". What did God say to you when you first spoke with HIM?

Christianity and War

Definitions:

Chrisitanity: completely and constantly following the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

War: a person, group, or nation inflicting violence against another person, group, or nation. Included is threats of violence.

Where there is war, there is no Christianity. Only complete and constant Christianity would make this a warless world. I consider all nations with a military that is violent or "threatening-violent" a non-Christian nation.

Is God Light or Dark?

"God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

All I know is that when my mind's eye sees light, I am happy (Heaven), but when my mind's eye sees darkness, I am depressed (Hell).

What are your experiences? Keep in mind that I believe that a person of any race, skin color, eye color, or hair color can go to Glorious Heaven!!!

What is your Mission Statement in Life?

My Mission Statement in Life is a concise 3-word sentence: TO LOVE ALL!!!

What is your Mission Statement in Life? Keep it to one sentence.

All Great Nations of the World are Christian Nations

Because of the Infinitely Powerful concept of Conversion, non-Christian nations have Infinite Potential. God Bless the USA and all Nations of the World!!!

Our Soul is always in conflict with our physicality

Our Soul was created Perfect, to experience God's Glory in Heaven. But our physicality never acts in the perfection that is Our Soul. We are punished for our sinful physicality, but when our sins are erased, only then can we experience God's Glory in Heaven. Pray that your physicality sins less and less; only then, can you approach the Infinitely Great God Almighty Father.

God teaches your Soul which teaches your physicality. Listen to your Soul; even better, listen to GOD!!!

Bring Love!!!

Bring Love in every thought, action, and deed!!! Sometimes, we might feel that we failed in Life, but if we brought Love, we did not fail!!! We succeeded!!! Most importantly, we Glorified God in Heaven!!!

Never act out of hate or indifference!!! Operate only in Love!!! If we sow Love, we reap it back!!!

Glorify God in Heaven by being Loving in every thought, action, and deed!!!

Bring Love!!!

We Never Die

We are simply reincarnated into the Spiritual, Scientific, and/or Paranormal Beings that God wanted us to be. Over Eternity, We experience everything that other Beings experienced, except, of course, God's Experience.

Worldwide Conversion to the Purest Form of Christianity

This is the only way to Infinite World Peace!!! The Infinitely Great God and the Infinitely Great Holy Trinity Love You!!!

Are We all Born for the Glory of Heaven?

And the Fires of Hell? If we are equal, we have the same fate. If unequally born, Life is a Tragedy.

Life is Great!!!

The only way to experience the True Greatness of Life is to worship the Infinitely Great God and the Infinitely Great Holy Trinity!!! We will experience pain in our lives, but through that pain we can gain strength!!! We must endure pain with humility, liberality, brotherly and sisterly love, meekness, chastity, temperance, diligence, fortitude, justice, prudence, faith, hope, charity, and love!!! If we live virtuously, are rewards can be Infinite!!!

Heaven awaits those who pray!!!

A Church Called "Degrees of Emphasis"

A believer in God and a believer in this this Church would Constitute God as Omnipresent and the Truth. Every physical action you ever have had is the Truth. Why? God, the Truth, is Omnipresent and it occurred. But Degrees of Emphasis on the human experience occur; therefore, we can divide a Universe that we have seen into Galaxies, Solar Systems, Planets, Cells, Subatomic Particles, Humans, Animals, Plants, Books, Chapters, Paragraphs, Sentences, Words, Letters, Symbols... The Degrees of Emphasis is granted to all of us, strictly because it would have been necessary because of the Omniprescence and Oneness of the Creator God. Because of Degrees of Emphasis, everything is true, but the "Motive Force" of the Universe divides it into other forms of meaning.

A partial believer in God believes God can separate Himself from His Creation.

An atheist would assign God a new name or no name at all.

The Degrees of Empasis Church might have the highest form of Truth, but because this can be debated means that God would have to be assigned a new name.

Anyway, God Bless His Wonderful Universe, Heaven, the Earth, all nations, and the USA!!!

By the way, if you are an agnostic/atheist, in which language or all languages?

Who goes to Higher Heaven, Catholics or Protestants?

Catholics sacrifice earthly success for Heavenly Success, while Protestants want earthly success and Heavenly Success? My 40 years of Life has taught me this to be generally true. What do you think?

I was raised a Catholic and it is still my favorite religion. I would sacrifice everything on earth for Heavenly Success.

Anytime I do something that would probably be considered earthly successful, it causes guilt of mild to severe pain. I was nominated for Who's Who in America in year 2005 (fewer than 4 out of 10,000 people are nominated each year). I turned it down for my Spiritual and Religious beliefs. I believe everybody is equally talented and can attain ANYTHING what anybody else has ever done.

My point is to always concentrate on Eternal Views so that we can all, Catholics, Protestants, and those of other religions, can attain Heavenly Bliss.

God is Always Faster than the Speed of Lightning

Those who question this, are not children of God. Those who accept this, are children of God. Conversion is possible for everybody, always!!!

Life is Evil

No, Life is not evil. Why? Because God loves you!!!

Worshiping Jesus Christ

By God's Law, it is not only permissible, but required!!! Jesus Christ, the Son of God, proved to the World that Love conquers Death.

Merry Christmas and Happy Easter each day of the year!!!

The Perfect Religion

Since Life has been created by a Power greater than ourselves, there would be no need for hate, faithlessness, hopelessness, non-charity, imprudence, non-fortitude, injustice, pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, or sloth. Only love, faith, hope, charity, prudence, fortitude, justice, humility, giving, brotherly and sisterly love, meekness, chastity, temperance, and diligence would rule each thought, action, and deed.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

In all fairness then i have not seen Great tech go into say? alien related threads that Alpa Grey maybe interested mostly in? and start a thread ranting that he is sick of them all.

Point being is if you don`t like a subject dont read it.

If mods think his topic`s are within the rules then they are.

I`m not so sure of this thread being within the rules?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

There are 98 threads on the first two pages of this forum. Almost 20 (18) which is about 20% of all threads have been authored by Greatech. Most are one or two liners which just state his opinion as a matter of fact, and in accordance with God.
Forgive me for calling one member of ATS out like this, but it does seem the threads authored by one individual just seem to be snidbits of preachings, usually only a few sentences long, which re-emphasize the same point of view, over, and over, and over again. And, in some cases we the readers are mislead by the title of the thread, and when we go in, just read a lot of the same opinionated jargon. Below are the total of all threads authored by one individual in the last 2 pages who seems to have a perspective that is redundantly over-posted, in some peoples views.

Yes, but I always feel like I can read those threads and not have that poster make any mockery out of what I say or give me some suspicsion that I feel the need to add to it in a major way, so to me I always leave those posts with peace in my heart and not a lot of pent up feelings that I have to resolve before I have to go to bed.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Point being is if you don`t like a subject dont read it.

If mods think his topic`s are within the rules then they are.

I`m not so sure of this thread being within the rules?

In response to your "alien" arguement:
In a thread entitled:If you speak with Satan, you speak to Aliens"here is the entire intorductory post:

What does the title have to do with the entirety of the introduction post? Where is the information that tells me that speaking to aliens is speaking to Satan? Seems deceptive, and misleading. To open a post about aliens that tells me the title again, and then states that "if you speak with God, you speak to angels".

In a thread entitled "Life is Evil" here is the entire introduction to the thread:

Life is Evil

No, Life is not evil. Why? Because God loves you!!!

The thread's introduction has no real statement concerning "Life is Evil". Contrary to the title of the thread, the all encompassing intention of the Author is to state: "God loves you". Nothing about "Life is Evil", instead the author just states "No, life is not evil". Misleading me to see a statement that "God loves me".
Both devious and deceptive, is it not?

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I agree with, and am at the same point of, the original poster on this. All too many times I open a thread that does not seem like it would be religious .......... but that's all it is - or see threads on a daily basis, and often times multiple threads in a day, that are blantant in their tone of religious propaganda.

One can have faith and spirituality without having religion or God as it's spoken of in these forums (Christian God).

I see plenty instances also of threads that were MEANT to be simply of faith and spirituality quickly turn into a preaching thread.

If you don't see preaching being rampant at this site, you either agree that this site should be a place for Christian witnessing, or you just are not crossing those threads. I, and obviously others, see it on a daily basis.

Misfit

[edit on 29/8/06 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   

In response to your "alien" arguement:
In a thread entitled:If you speak with Satan, you speak to Aliens"here is the entire intorductory post:

What does the title have to do with the entirety of the introduction post? Where is the information that tells me that speaking to aliens is speaking to Satan? Seems deceptive, and misleading.

I have about as much clue as anybody else as to why some people post like that,though i do remember even yourself admiting you have made posts or threads for the purpose of seeing or to understand how others think a little misleading and deceptive?.The Katrina thread i think it was ET.I got a bit hot under the colar about it at the time but now when i come across and read your posts from time to time i do it from a different point of view.

Personally i may have clicked on one or two of his threads and thought the same as yourself and is probably why i have only clicked one or two,as to the point if you dont like something dont read it.

I find it much more interesting as to why the author of this thread hates Bible gossip but cant stay away from reading it
than say the quallity of one members thread topics.If those threads go off topic it maybe a bonus and then get interesting who knows.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Yes, but I always feel like I can read those threads and not have that poster make any mockery out of what I say or give me some suspicsion that I feel the need to add to it in a major way, so to me I always leave those posts with peace in my heart and not a lot of pent up feelings that I have to resolve before I have to go to bed.

Yeah Ben i can agree with that,sometimes its good to read something a little less arguementive or slamming.But hey there pretty hard to find sometimes when you need them

[edit on 29-8-2006 by gps777]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join