It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough of the "God" crud...........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

Holy Jebus !!
Enough of the "God" crap !! No more "god loves" and "god spoke to me" also stop with the "god exists" baloney !! It is getting sickening seeing all this horse-poo about how "god" loves all (yet does nothing) and "god" spoke to me (prove it...tape it or video it !) or "god" exists (another prove it !)

If you so into "God"..keep it to yourselves....quit preaching here !

This post is complete ignorance for the poster states:

"keep it to yourselves....quit preaching here !"

Yet fails to grasp, understand or acknowledge that what they have done is PREACH to us all why they hate being PREACHED to and they themselves cannot "keep it to themselves".

Ignorance is bliss

Thanks for the input UnrealZA ! by the insults you hurl you show your own ignorance !

Esoteric Teacher......I know if I do not like a thread then I should not read it and usually I do not read them but you hit the nail on the head by showing the threads that Greatech wrote. I for one think if you have a religion then great for you (or anyone) but keep the preaching to a minimum. Too many threads that have NOTHING to do with religion get hijacked into a debate over "God" and that is just wrong and after a while it does get sickening. Not to mention the fact that whoever posts about their views about their "God" automatically think they are right on their view no matter what and they leave NO room for another opinion.
:shk:

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It would be one thing if the post had
1. An introduction stating what the intention of the post is.
2. A bit of evidence to back it up, even if it is scripture
, relating to the subject
3. A personal oppinion, and possibly a personal reason for the post.

With a post like

Life Sux
No it doesn't, gotcha!

There is no room for debate, discussin or anything. I've seen posts more interesting than that wind up in the trash bin.

Honestly, what type of response could this post get?

Umm, yes life does suck

(the text of this post has been changed to protect the ignora....ahem innocent)

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
After reading this whole thread, I am a fence sitter.

I disagree with Alpha on his initial post, if you do not want to read about God, Faith, etc. then stay out of the Forum. Don't click on the thread if you don't wish to read of it.

However,

As posted in the thread, GreatTech is posting alot of preaching in his posts. His love for God has been proven, his faith in a higher power is unbreakable, but do we need to read it in every post?

ATS is to Deny Ignorance.

If I were to close my eyes to the possibility of Faith, I would be showing ignorance towards it. However if one is closing their eyes to everything other then faith, then that one is being ignorant to everything that surrounds us.

I am not scared to share my belief that religion is nothing more than a social control. Do I believe in Jesus? I believe Jesus was the great man to ever walk this earth, greatest man. Was I born a Christian, yes. Was I baptised, Yes. Where does that leave me, I honestly don't know. Somebody please tell me.

However I am wide open to read and discuss Faith. kinglizard, (ATS Moderator) had a thread awhile back with a first hand account. Probably one of the best threads I have come across on ATS. Here is a link if anyone is interested: My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven (kinglizard)

I think it has reached the point where GreatTech needs some substance in his posts, rather than just preachings. But, to my knowledge he is not breaking anything in the ATS T&C so if he grinds your grits that much then simply do not read his posts.

Surely he is not annoying anyone to the point where your not even capable of ignoring his post.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Surely he is not annoying anyone to the point where your not even capable of ignoring his post.

Good Point !! although I do ignore his posts ......sometimes its hard to ignore a mosquito !!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
just about the heart beating part, i do believe it's caused to because the heart is composed of cardiac muscle, an involuntary muscle tissue which is found only within this organ.... SO. . . Involantary cells?

satin made me do it;
-lyssie

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA

Holy Jebus !!
Enough of the "God" crap !! No more "god loves" and "god spoke to me" also stop with the "god exists" baloney !! It is getting sickening seeing all this horse-poo about how "god" loves all (yet does nothing) and "god" spoke to me (prove it...tape it or video it !) or "god" exists (another prove it !)

This post is complete ignorance for the poster states:

"keep it to yourselves....quit preaching here !"

Yet fails to grasp, understand or acknowledge that what they have done is PREACH to us all why they hate being PREACHED to and they themselves cannot "keep it to themselves".

Ignorance is bliss

Thanks for the input UnrealZA ! by the insults you hurl you show your own ignorance !

Esoteric Teacher......I know if I do not like a thread then I should not read it and usually I do not read them but you hit the nail on the head by showing the threads that Greatech wrote. I for one think if you have a religion then great for you (or anyone) but keep the preaching to a minimum. Too many threads that have NOTHING to do with religion get hijacked into a debate over "God" and that is just wrong and after a while it does get sickening. Not to mention the fact that whoever posts about their views about their "God" automatically think they are right on their view no matter what and they leave NO room for another opinion.

Insults? Where did I attack YOU on a personal level?

Are you insulted, offended because I ripped apart your post showing that it is based on ignorance and demonstrated the contradictory nature of your post?

I attacked the nature of your post, not you personally.

Demonstrate where my logic is flawed (in my reply to your post) and where your logic is correct.

To recap, if you come on here "preaching" how you hate being "preached to" am I in error to point that out?

Also, if you want these "preachers" to "keep it to themselves" why then do you not keep your preaching, that you hate preaching, to yourself? What makes you think we want to read it? Do you not see this?

How's this sound, "Hey you people need to stop smoking. I hate breathing in your second hand smoke. It's repulsive!"

Someone then points out to the "objector" that he is in a "smokers room" designated for people who smoke. Understand?

So again, my reply attacked the ignorance and contradictory nature of your post. You may be a great person but your logic is flawed.

Lastly, just who is "insulting" here? Have you not read your own post?

If that ain't the kettle calling the pot black.....You literally ORDER people to stop saying these things! What reaction would I get if I ORDERED people to STOP talking about conspiracy theories on this forum? Do it NO MORE! No more of this CRAP, BALONEY and HORSE-POO!!

Show me my error.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

As posted in the thread, GreatTech is posting alot of preaching in his posts. His love for God has been proven, his faith in a higher power is unbreakable, but do we need to read it in every post?

G`day chissler i`m a fan of your computer help thread,top notch.

As of Alpha Greys original post it was not directed at anyone member it was directed at faith topics in general,so other than putting his thoughts into a complaint to the Admin of ATS he does`nt have a leg to stand on by complaining to all that have an interest in faith topics.

I am not scared to share my belief that religion is nothing more than a social control. Do I believe in Jesus? I believe Jesus was the great man to ever walk this earth, greatest man. Was I born a Christian, yes. Was I baptised, Yes. Where does that leave me, I honestly don't know. Somebody please tell me.

John 3:16 is where its at,i`m not sure where you are with that,but we can all drift away if we do not have an ongoing consistant personal relasionship with God.

However I am wide open to read and discuss Faith. kinglizard, (ATS Moderator) had a thread awhile back with a first hand account. Probably one of the best threads I have come across on ATS. Here is a link if anyone is interested: My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven (kinglizard)

I`ll second that chissler.

I think it has reached the point where GreatTech needs some substance in his posts, rather than just preachings. But, to my knowledge he is not breaking anything in the ATS T&C so if he grinds your grits that much then simply do not read his posts.

Even though i totally agree with you here and of others on the point of substance even though he`s not breaking any rules of BTS by doing so,GreatTech seems passionate about his belief so at least i say good on him for that.to reiterate though this thread was not about any one member,it was directed at faith topics and believers in general.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

......sometimes its hard to ignore a mosquito !!

Personal insult Alpha?

Then you back it up with this

Not to mention the fact that whoever posts about their views about their "God" automatically think they are right on their view no matter what and they leave NO room for another opinion.

Are`nt you commiting the same offence of what you accuse others of doing which you hate.Your veiw is right no matter what?

Which is what i believe UnrealZA was trying to say to you.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by gps777]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
Are`nt you commiting the same offence of what you accuse others of doing which you hate.Your veiw is right no matter what?

Which is what i believe UnrealZA was trying to say to you.

I KNOW what UnrealZA was trying to say......

I never said my opinion is right.....we all have opinions and they will all differ......I am just tired of threads harping on the same theme of "god talked to me" and "god exists" etc.....also threads getting hijacked by some religious zealot tends to be a downer also. What my post was intended for was to be a "blanket" statement about going over the top on this "god" thing...that is all and I am done with this thread for it did work....the "god" threads DID slow down.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Preach it brother! I mean right on! How dare people discuss God in the "Faith, Spirituality, and Theology" forum. We should be discussing stuff like cars, and how drunk we got last weekend in this forum.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Preach it brother! I mean right on! How dare people discuss God in the "Faith, Spirituality, and Theology" forum. We should be discussing stuff like cars, and how drunk we got last weekend in this forum.

And how GOD is not the answer!!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
dbates,

what of this post? www.belowtopsecret.com...

I have to agree with the author, at some point the member needs alittle substance to the post. Love God, Read the Bible rants can only go so far with a board as vast as ATS. At some point members are going to fire back, and it appears that time has reached.

Honest question, does ATS permit members to simply preach their religious beliefs? Not really knocking anybody elses, or explaining why they want you to believe in what they speak, they are just preaching post after post?

I believe the Faith Forum is being pushed to its limit alittle bit.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by chissler]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I believe the Faith Forum is being pushed to its limit alittle bit.

Hear Hear !! Glad I am not the only one who noticed.......Religion is great if taken in moderation....but excessive "preaching" can and will be difficult at best to swallow.

Any idiot off the street can form a religion and its belief system - as has been proven in the past......and in no time there will be suckers who follow blindly singing hymns all the way.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

dbates,

what of this post? www.belowtopsecret.com...

That's a horse of a different color. If someone has a problem with a member, then say so (Probably via the complaint feature). Constant short post that don't contribute to the discussion are annoying to me as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm closing this thread, we do not tolerate or condone threads made solely to attack another member's beliefs and opinions.

Any issues regarding the content of this thread and the decision to close it, should be sent via the Complaints Feature.

thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join