It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2003 to 2006

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
And the G man has disappeared... Maybe next week we will hear that he used to be a woman or fish... or something..

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Maybe he's actually listened to everyone here & made an appointment today to see the doctor?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
maybe his 'job' was complete... divert attention long enough for other threads to disappear...

You should all pay attention the conspiracy you are part of....

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
maybe his 'job' was complete... divert attention long enough for other threads to disappear...

I'm new here, ( after visiting a lot over the past year ), so I don't want to over step my bounds, but have a question:

Why would the mods let this go on then if it were useless? Many of the threads here on ATS deal with some pretty bizarre, and quite dubious claims? How are we to distinguish between the pertinent & the useless without debate? Does this not in itself promote learning? I myself learned things that members shared in this thread that I did not know prior to reading them. I agree that you're probably right, but I was hanging in there just on the slim chance that he may indeed need medical attention, and that if we could convince him to do so, that we would be helping out a fellow human.

If he is lying, then shame on him for wasting our time, but I wouldn't consider that our fault till the second time round. " Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice. . ."

Plus- My grandfater told me that you can learn something from everyone you meet. Even if it's wrong. . . No dis dnero6911 - Just a thought. Thanx-

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

you wouldnt say or think this, unless you were thinking of a certain thread, or threads that our attention could have been taken away from. which threads might you suggest someone was trying to divert attention from?

i dont think it has been over 24 hours since his last post, so dont assume he is gone yet. if his story is sincere, which i dont think it is, but anyways i hope he did go seek PROFESSIONAL help.

now ill take the time to apologize to ats, the mods, and the members. i realized im susceptible to trollism, and it was obvious in this thread . i will try to just overlook comments made to bait me into a flame war. sorry for being a distraction myself. ill listen to the words of mother teresa when she said" tis best to be silent in a bad cause."

peace

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think that it is a good idea to start by accepting what people say, we can not know what is on the other side.

In cases like this I usually remember an ex ATS member, Weise.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Um, Donny, what does it say on your driver's license under "eye color"?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I feel horribly at how this topic progressed.

ATS is supposed to be an open forum for discussion, yet the majority of this thread was nothing more than open insults and hostile retorts.

How can we reasonably expect to get to the heart of unexplained phenomena when we don't present ourselves as an objective and interested community?

Little to nothing was done to help a displaced person (however new to the forum) feel like this was a "safe place" to discuss his experiences!

Shame on all of us.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
I feel horribly at how this topic progressed.

ATS is supposed to be an open forum for discussion, yet the majority of this thread was nothing more than open insults and hostile retorts.

How can we reasonably expect to get to the heart of unexplained phenomena when we don't present ourselves as an objective and interested community?

Little to nothing was done to help a displaced person (however new to the forum) feel like this was a "safe place" to discuss his experiences!

Shame on all of us.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

I agree! I only read the first 3 pages and this last page, but did anyone consider that this person has some rare sort of multiple personality disorder, and this personality went back under raps again for a while. We might not hear from him again for another 3 years.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
ever consider it was just another useless hoax. a complete waste of time. how many pages has it been so far, and still he gives us nothing but a story. what would ats become if everyone who had an imagination came in here telling stories? is that what ats is all about?

what i dont understand is , he works at bombay. im sure they dont open till 9am or later.

now golf courses open at what, sunrise?

well golf is a very popular sport so think of all the people who would have golfed before 9 am. do you think these people just left him there on the ground.

he went right home when he woke up,somewhere very close to the golfcourse, and his parents were suprised he wasnt at work. well too bad probably 10+ groups of golfers would have passed him by before 9 am. the time his job probably opened.

does anyone understand what im getting at?

ITS ALL BS, OR HE IS MENTAL. no one here is going to give him help. enough people said go get medical help. go see a shrink.

do you wish he would come back and just tell more stories?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I was hoping maybe more than one person would have commented on this thread which happens to be my thread, and obviously everyone wants their thread read.... but I figured it was worth more attention than what its recieved... But hey we could sit here arguing whether or not this individual whom could also be a character has told us a story that is either true or false, what we do with the information after that is irrelevant in my opinion since him having this happen to him does not affect us anyhow.

[edit on 29/8/06 by dnero6911]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Good work! You people did it AGAIN.

This forum is full of preemptive conclusions, you condemned him before he could only explain himself. You hypocrites promise to deny ignorance, and yet promote it like this. Do I think it's real? I DON'T KNOW. There is NO WAY of knowing whether or not it's true right now, so the best we can do is SHUT UP AND LISTEN to him, not scream OMFG HE'S LYING FAKE FAKE OMG like children.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Good work! You people did it AGAIN.

This forum is full of preemptive conclusions, you condemned him before he could only explain himself. You hypocrites promise to deny ignorance, and yet promote it like this. Do I think it's real? I DON'T KNOW. There is NO WAY of knowing whether or not it's true right now, so the best we can do is SHUT UP AND LISTEN to him, not scream OMFG HE'S LYING FAKE FAKE OMG like children.

I'm wasn't trying to be a jerk. I watched this thread until it was on its 7th page. Trust me, I gave this guy a chance. I've read a lot on paranormal things and conspiracies, and so I never discredit it without some thought. However, if I've given it plenty of thought, and it seems 99% of a chance that it is not true, then I'm sorry that I felt maybe this guy is lying. Whatever happened to freedom of speech for us disenters? Yes I know this forum is about denying ignorance, but many on this thread openly embraced it.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I was fired one week before this happened. I dont remember golfing before I woke up.

I went to the doctor today to review my marks. They recede in and are now reddish purple. They seem to have faded. I didnt go in telling him what happened to me. I went in saying they were marks I wanted him to check out. As I suspected he though I was a lunatic and told me they were burns. I told him I didnt do them and no one I knew do them and I dont remember it happening. He asked me if it was possible someone did it while sleeping. If this happened I told him, I would have woken up. He said it was a burn. From what, uncertain. He cleaned it, and basically told me not to make up a story when I go to a doctor for something I "obviously" did myself.

I left and thats it.

I have even more worries now about going to a psych. Thanks, guys.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I won't deny that people are highly skeptical these days - including your doctor. Can't really blame them with all the disinformation and political nonsense we are being flooded with on an almost constant basis via the media - it tends to make people skeptic and irate about just about everything.

I've seen several psychologists for a condition I deal with - but I've never felt comfortable around the majority of them enough to give details on exactly how deep some of the things I've been through have gotten. I understand your caution on that front entirely. The last thing you need right now is someone professional telling you that you're "crazy" simply because you have experienced something extremely uncommon and not easily explainable.

If I might ask, have you had any dreams/memories or distinct "impressions" (or feelings) about what you feel may have happened to you? Or is it all a blank slate?

[edit on 30-8-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
and your family STILL writes it off as a joke?!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No. Its a ghost to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
as mentioned before, my family doesnt acknowledge it and refuse to talk about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Can I ask a little about your social status? Middle or Upper middle class?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I grew up middle class. In the last 5 years it has gone more to upper.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join