It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: There was no connection between Saddam and 9-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In president Bush's latest press conference a reporter asked him bluntly, what 9-11 had to do with Saddam and Iraq. Agitated, Bush snapped that there was no connection between the two.

According to recent surveys, half of US citizens polled actually still think there was some connection.

So to that dilluded half our our country I say, Bush himself just dispelled that myth. Do you get it, finally?

There was NO connection whatsoever. Its past time to put that canard to bed.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

allready posted on the above thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
www.abovetopsecret.com...

allready posted on the above thread.

That is ATSNN which is a seperate section. I have on many occasions, put a similar topic to that of an ATSNN article. Usually happens when a story "breaks" and several threads are started simultaneously in several forums.

back to topic

It is about time that he finally admitted to it..... Now time to prosocute for starting a war on lies and killing and injuring thousands of our countrymen/women. After all Ole slick Willy got impeached for lying about adultry. But Nothing will come of this in the form of legal ramifications. After all we are in the "no accountability age" in our current political climate.

As far as this changing anything on the war on terror; I dont think it is going to make a dent in the perception of the overall WOT. Though it should raise more eyebrows. One can only hope.

*edit- Additional comments

[edit on 8/26/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Lying to the nation in times of "war" seems almost presidential

For example, Johnson and the Tonkin Gulf.

If history means anything, our next president---regardless of party affiliation---will not be much of an improvement over Bush.

This admission by Bush is not particularly new. It was mentioned in this 1995 movie that is making the rounds:
Why We Fight

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
After seeing some clips of it, he seemed irritated that he was being questioned at all. "NOTHING!"

It was a press conference, right? Maybe he thought they're putty in his hands? Or maybe they can't handle the truth?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I couldn't help but be struck by his petulance. DUHbya cannot stand to be questioned whatsoever. Here it is...

Iraq: a War About Nothing
by Marie Cocco

WASHINGTON — "Nothing." Rarely does a single word convey so much, and explain so little.

The word leaped from President Bush's lips, dismissive and defiant, as though the questioner should have known better, and perhaps should not have asked. Bush at his Monday news conference made his customary recitation of all the new and supposedly improved reasons why he went to war against Saddam Hussein in Iraq, concluding that "the terrorists attacked us and killed 3,000 of our citizens before we started the freedom agenda in the Middle East."

Then the question came — bold and, frankly, beautiful. "What did Iraq have to do with that?" The president replied: "What did Iraq have to do with what?" Well, with the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

"Nothing," was Bush's reply. Except that in his mind, the "lesson of Sept. 11" is linked to resentment and hopelessness that roil the hearts and minds of the people of the Middle East, nurturing suicide bombers.

And so because of this, Bush said, he invaded Iraq.
www.commondreams.org...

Kudos to the reporter that actually questioned him... how refreshing.

Seems to me the House could initiate impeachment hearings on this statement alone.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
From the same article sourced above:

The assertion has been disproved, disavowed, discredited — pick your word — time and again by the U.S. government, by foreign intelligence services, by the independent 9/11 commission, and by a growing list of authors who have accumulated a bulging portfolio of evidence showing that the Bush administration came into office in January 2001 already itching to invade Iraq.

And so, to borrow the president's word, Sept.11 really did have "nothing" to do with Iraq.

Just imagine if the mainstream media trumpeted this statement... made it known loud and clear for once. Support for BushCo. would completely collapse.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hear that, America? Thousands of U.S. and allied soldiers and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died for..........you guessed it...........

NOTHING

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So like is this where Bush stands up, clears his throat. . .

and says:

oops, my bad

Then his fanbois forgive him and go about their lives?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I ran a search to see if we can get a view of this being said. If you can stomach watching him, here you go:

Bush says, " Nuthin'"

I made sure to get one without Jon Stewart's reaction to it. This is just the clip in itself. Thought that might help with the discussion. Thank you YouTube!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
So like is this where Bush stands up, clears his throat. . .

and says:

oops, my bad

Then his fanbois forgive him and go about their lives?

In my educated opinion, that's probly about as deeply as DUHbya would go with it.

FratboyWonder has never had to acknowledge error ever, a day in his life. So, can we really be surprised that even the chaos for nothing and massive death count he is responsible for, would barely resonate with him? Its beyond shameful.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Saddam had no connection to 9-11 ?
Wow in other news the sky is blue and the earth orbits the Sun wait people would believe otherwise if there political , religious leaders and/or the media told them otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join