It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blind Men and the Elephant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZAFirst, my replies contain ad hominem but it's not in the form of a personal attack against your character. I have not stated YOU are an "idiot".

et cetera.

Don't bother trying to justify your style of address. I was giving you feedback on what the results are likely to be. If you choose not to listen, well, on your head be it. You shall be the poorer thereby, not I.

You claim that the truths you are privy to cannot be communicated in words yet you then communicate to us that each one must discover it for themselves. We now know from this that these truths -

1) Can't be communicated
2) It can be discovered
3) Each must find their own truth

Numbers one and two are correct. Number three is not. I am saying something different from this. See below.

I have searched for Truth and discovered a Truth that rejects yours. The Author of this Truth claims there are no others, He is the Absolute. Am I wrong? If I am wrong, how can you then state that each person must discover "their own truth"?

What I say is that each person must discover the truth for himself/herself. That does not mean the same as that each person must discover his or her own truth. The latter implies that truth is relative, that your truth is as good as mine even when they are contradictory. That is not what I believe.

Sacred truth is objective and absolute, not relative. It does not vary from person to person. The reason that each must discover it for him/herself is simply because it cannot be communicated from one to another, not because each person has a private truth of his/her own.

And yes, you are wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Something that may not have been evident -- well, no "may have," definitely it was not evident -- from what I said before, is that it IS possible for people who have the knowledge I'm talking about to talk about it with each other.

Queenannie has clearly experienced much of what I'm talking about here. I wouldn't put things in the same vocabulary she does -- she refers to Biblical passages more than I ever would, but interprets them quite differently than some people -- but I understand what she's talking about. Not many others do, though. She is perpetually misunderstood, and written off by those who don't get it. Esoteric Teacher is another on this forum who knows. It's not a private, personal truth. This is knowledge we share, and so do many others throughout the world.

As did Jesus, if I may judge by the Gospels. And he knew he was talking mysteries, things that would fly right past most people listening. He that has an ear, let him hear.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Two Steps Forward

Originally posted by UnrealZAFirst, my replies contain ad hominem but it's not in the form of a personal attack against your character. I have not stated YOU are an "idiot".

et cetera.

Don't bother trying to justify your style of address. I was giving you feedback on what the results are likely to be. If you choose not to listen, well, on your head be it. You shall be the poorer thereby, not I.

You claim that the truths you are privy to cannot be communicated in words yet you then communicate to us that each one must discover it for themselves. We now know from this that these truths -

1) Can't be communicated
2) It can be discovered
3) Each must find their own truth

Numbers one and two are correct. Number three is not. I am saying something different from this. See below.

I have searched for Truth and discovered a Truth that rejects yours. The Author of this Truth claims there are no others, He is the Absolute. Am I wrong? If I am wrong, how can you then state that each person must discover "their own truth"?

What I say is that each person must discover the truth for himself/herself. That does not mean the same as that each person must discover his or her own truth. The latter implies that truth is relative, that your truth is as good as mine even when they are contradictory. That is not what I believe.

Sacred truth is objective and absolute, not relative. It does not vary from person to person. The reason that each must discover it for him/herself is simply because it cannot be communicated from one to another, not because each person has a private truth of his/her own.

And yes, you are wrong.

This makes no sense.

Yes Truth is Absolute, to deny such validates it. It is unavoidable. Yet you claim that this cannot be "communicated from one to another" but you have in fact "communicated" something to me about it, correct?

Beyond that Absolute Truth is Absolute for everyone everywhere, whether they acknowledge it or not.

I am wrong?? Wrong about what? That there can be only one Truth, it being Absolute or that there is only one source of Truth, that being God?

<< 1   >>

join