It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Braxton Beast, myth or fact?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   

This is a pretty amazing photo of what the photographer has dubbed the 'Braxton Beast'. The photo (below) as you can see is of a red biped creature that looks and walks in a manner reminiscent of man. The unknown creature seems to be naked. It could well be an unknown creature or it could be a fake.

startling new camera trap photograph of what appears to be an unknown bipedal creature has been shared with Cryptomundo by a reader. Taken literally days ago, the West Virginia photograph of the "Braxton Beast" was "captured" in a county with a well-known history of bizarreness.

The Cryptomundo correspondent, a 27-year-old gentleman, Frederick B. Gerwig, sends along this information in his initial email to me earlier this week: "Here is a picture that my father’s wildlife camera (motion activated) took around 12/07/05. We are not sure what it is, but it doesn’t look human. It very well could be a hunter or something, however, my father’s property is posted and this is a wildlife feeding site approximately 400 yards from their Braxton County, WV home. The proportions seem very strange as compared to those of a human. It is possible that it is low light distortion, but it seems very curious. Sorry the picture is so small. The camera he uses is somewhat low tech to prevent theft as it stays stationed at this location all the time until he picks it up to download and review the pictures on his PC. Let me know what you think…we are baffled by this image."

In a follow-up email, in answer to several questions I had, Mr. Gerwig writes: "I think I mentioned earlier that this camera is unmanned as to not disturb the animals that come in to feed. There are many rock overhangs and crevices in this area that this thing might be using for shelter. In fact, approximately 100 ft in the direction in which the entity is walking there is a large rock overhang we used to get under to get out of the rain when I played in these woods as a child. It looks straight over my parents house. Behind the entity is an incline to the ridge line of the mountain and a large rock wall with a drop of several hundred feet. P. S. - In case I failed to mention in the initial email, my father’s property is posted for no trespassing, very few individuals are permitted to be in those woods."

Braxton County, West Virginia, is the site of the "Braxton County Monster" reports of September 12, 1952, otherwise known as the "Flatwoods Monster" or "Green Monster" encounter.

www.ufodigest.com...

what do you say? real or fake?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thats a man in a day glo hunting safety suit.

lol braxton beast my behind. lol nice try, but you got to be better than that to get rich from a piece of footage....

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
You got to be kidding...that is so fake, its like a naked man whos gone red because hes so cold, also if you were that close to a red creature you would run...not stop to take a quick picture.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by krax
You got to be kidding...that is so fake, its like a naked man whos gone red because hes so cold, also if you were that close to a red creature you would run...not stop to take a quick picture.

dont you think if it was HUMAN you would SEE its arms and legs? that thing does not have arms and legs. it looks like a levitating head to me!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
i can see legs and arms...the arms are on its side, its chest its in the way of most of one, and its left(our right) leg is 1 step forward......

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Its look like a deers arse.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by krax

It does say the camera is motion activated to not disturb wildlife but i just rekon its a guy in a devel costume he got from halloween

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This thing really looks odd...
I seriously have doubts about it. It doesn 't seem to touch the ground, 'cause where his feet should be, it looks like the smudge-tool from photoshop was applied.
Also the edge where his left arm should be looks to sharpened, or maybe this is due to the poor quality jpeg.

Another thing, this Braxton monster was also called 'Green Monster' but it looks kinda red to me.

This pic has written hoax all over it! (but that's just a guess)

top topics

join