It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Prestige Titles' on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I'm just curious. How are prestige titles (writer/fighter/scholar) given?

And if one posts a lot of jokes in the 'Jokes and Pranks' section on BTS, would he get a prestige title of 'Joker'??

[edit on 25-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Writer is given for participating in a writing contest.

Fighter is given for participation in an on site sanctioned debate.

Scholar is given to those who participate in research projects/threads.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 8/25/06 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Ah redmage,

Thanks!!

[edit on 25-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
You're welcome.

Glad you found it helpful.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
And if one posts a lot of jokes in the 'Jokes and Pranks' section on BTS, would he get a prestige title of 'Joker'??

Close, actually you would be bestowed the grant of "Board Jester", just a slight change of vowel there. Why do you ask, interested because Lysergic needs competition and none have err... matched his nevermind forget it. I think that spot may honorarily be filled.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
worldwatcher can award the Writer status to a member. The restrictions for the Writer are limited, I believe you only require a short tenure on the board with no warnings.

Nygdan can award the Fighter status to a member. The restrictions on the Fighter status are simple, you need to compete in a Debate to be awarded this status. We are looking to have a debate soon, so keep your eyes peeled and maybe you can take part.

ADVISOR can award the Scholar status to a member. The restrictions on the Scholar status are alittle tighter. You need to take part in the Research Forum to recieve the status, but you need to continue to work in the Research Forum to keep the status. This status is the one you need to continue to work on to keep, its not a one shot deal.

[edit on 25-8-2006 by chissler]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Are there any plans to introduce a new prestige title? Joker does sound like a nifty title to have.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
How about extending writer to those who podcast original material. Are we not writers too?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
How about extending writer to those who podcast original material. Are we not writers too?

If you u2u'd worldwatcher about the status, I am sure you would be granted it.

As for new titles, I suggested awhile back that the Artist status be an option to those who create avatars for the members of ATS. Didn't get to much wind behind it I believe, so I'm not sure on how far the Joker would go.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Good call chissler. Nice one.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Also note that the Board Information board contains all of this type of information (though much of it needs to be updated).

Another good resource on ATS info is this tinWiki page.
tinwiki.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Good call chissler. Nice one.

Hey no problem!

new topics

top topics

join