It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

machine that prdicts the future!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If this has been posted before please remove.

This is a old story but it was brought back to me when I watched a programe about it. Its a little black box that seems to predict the future.
Full article here

www.redorbit.com...

Do you think this is real, and do you think they will be able to soon predict times and places of future events with this?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Yea, we talk about this whole phenomenon on and off. You can look at it here where there is also a indicator of the current world state:

Global Consciousness Project

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My wife has a little box that tells the future. If i rub it just right I can tell if it is going to be a good evening or not. It sometimes helps to take her to supper before she lets me take it out and play with it.

My BAD... Apology, I just couldn't resist.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There is alot of data on the GCP site but take a look at this link:

GCP: Presidential Approval Rating

For those not familiar with the GCP, this data is sensed from a series of Random Event Generators (like electronic coin flips). Statistics says the variation over time should be 0 (50:50 probability). But what the GCP has found, much to their own amazement, is anything but 50:50 (as you can see from the graphs). Remember, no one is interacting (directly) with these REG's... they're just doing their 'coin flip thing' but are somehow apparently being subtly affected by some energy (positive or negative).

Weird or what?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The little black box sounds a bit unreal to me, just because the numbers went up, four hours before meens nothing, its likely it does that all the time, just because it happen around the same time, strikes me a likely cause for this.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by theukman
If this has been posted before please remove.

This is a old story but it was brought back to me when I watched a programe about it. Its a little black box that seems to predict the future.
Full article here

www.redorbit.com...

Do you think this is real, and do you think they will be able to soon predict times and places of future events with this?

This seems very interesting but I would like to know how a little black box generating random numbers predicted 911 four hours earliear?
What were the numbers it spouted out at this time? 911911911911 or was it just an increase in the average base number?

There stilll seems to be a lot of unanswered questions regarding this box.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wow. People sure do post opinions alot before actually reading links don't they? Here is how it works:

A circuit called a 'Random Event Generator' is set to running. Actually there are currently 65 of these running all over the world. These REG's randomly output either a '1' or a '0'. The output of all these REG nodes are fed in real-time to a server at Princeton. Statistics tells us that a random event that has two possible outcomes (in this case 1 or 0) will produce each event equally. In other words, if left to run for 10,000 'events' there will be very very close to 5,000 '1s' and 5,000 '0s'. This project has been running since 1998.

What researchers have found, much to theior astonishment, is that periodically the variance of the output exceeds that allowed by statistics for a random event series. In other words, periodically the combined output of these REG's varies to a point where their output can no longer be defined as random --- something has caused it to become non-random. This departure from 'random' only occurs periodically. When the researchers mapped the historical data (and you have to understand that this is a massive quantity of data) they found that the statistically significant variations correlated with significant world events. I believe the first one they found was Princess Diana's funeral. There were also correlations with 9/11 and the Tsunami to mention just two. What is even more astounding is that these 'event variations' actually occurred some number of hours before the event.

If you don't have a grasp of statistics this whole thing won't appear to mean that much to you. Let me tell you, however, that although the researchers do not claim to understand how this is happening they know with certainty that something IS affecting these REGs. The chance of even one of these data variations correlating to a major international event is in the realm of millions-to-one. And there are absolutely zero odds that the variation could happen at all. It is, by definition, an impossibility.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The most interesting part is that in early testing they had people concentrate on either more "heads" or "tails" and they were able to affect the randomness just by thinking it. So the REG's placed around the world are being affected by human minds everywhere and producing a sometimes non-random outcome which coincides with a large event. So its not the box thats predicting the future, but us.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
maybe 1 is evil and 0 is good. And it, like, represents the balance of light and dark within us all. When the balance is shifted....

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
didnt they do a movie on this? anyway i believe we make our own future and how does this thing work anyways

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I don't understand why is would flux prior to 9/11 or the tsunami. Sure, you could claim with the tsunami that animals could have senses the earthquake coming, and therefore the Egg picked that up, but that claim has nothing to do with 9/11. It's not like mass amounts of thinking entities were 'online' at the same time, like the Diana funeral.

And at the end, it sounds like they are grasping at straws with that 'time running backwards' thing to give their little discovery some credability.

Once I see one of these things and influence it by myself and then observe how it reacts to an event that spans the globe, I will be more open than now, but I just find this a bit too dicey.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
I don't understand why is would flux prior to 9/11 or the tsunami. Sure, you could claim with the tsunami that animals could have senses the earthquake coming, and therefore the Egg picked that up, but that claim has nothing to do with 9/11. It's not like mass amounts of thinking entities were 'online' at the same time, like the Diana funeral.

And at the end, it sounds like they are grasping at straws with that 'time running backwards' thing to give their little discovery some credability.

Once I see one of these things and influence it by myself and then observe how it reacts to an event that spans the globe, I will be more open than now, but I just find this a bit too dicey.

Perhaps the evil thoughts of the terrorists were so powerful that they tilted the balance all over the world.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Perhaps the evil thoughts of the terrorists were not evil at all?

Think about that. With the Diana funeral, the mourners were sad, and there were lots of them. With 9/11, the terrorists were happy, and there were few of them. And yet the exact same results happened each time? Hmm . . .

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Isn't it possible that we all have some level of precognitive power? The ubiquitous belief systems that say we are all tied together by some universal consciousness. Who hasn't experienced deja vu? Who hasn't had a precognitive experience where you think of someone and they call? The important point of the GCP work isn't what makes this 'work' but the fact that something is affecting these balck boxes all over the world. No, it isn't a mistake or some anomaly. Given the vast amount of data these variations cannot be random. Period. Impossible. Something is affecting them and it happens to correlate to major world events. THAT is significant.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
One thing comes to my mind as I read this: animals. Or rather, their instincts. Take the famous example with rats running out of the ship that's about to sink, or other including birds, buffalo, lemmings, etc... They CAN'T have the data pre-recorded in themselves, can they? So what makes them act in certain ways, the thing described as instinct? OK, now they may not act consiously or "know" why they do what they do, but they do it nonetheless and are most often right to do it.
Same with people, even though it doesn't work with all of us - a certain feeling that "something is about to happen". Where does that come from? It's not pre-recorded either, it can't be. (Well, excluding the theory of predetermination of fate
)
There must be therefore "something" that triggers the instinct or the feeling. Let's call it whatever we want, be it God, 6th sense, Guardian Angel, other dimension, 3rd eye, etc.. etc..; and as it exists, it seems possible that it somehow affects also machines, not just living things. It's just the question of what it is and what is its source...

new topics

top topics

join