It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines Recall !!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Bush OKs Marine call-up

It seems that our military is having problem with on hand experience in the fields of the arts of combat and warfare.

The are to recall 2,500 troops to active duty because there are not enough volunteers for duty in Afghanistan and Iraq.

They said is not about lack of new troops but rather lack of experience in warfare.

Marine commanders announced Tuesday. The recall was authorized last month and will begin in spring 2007 to fill positions for upcoming rotations, officials said

www.cnn.com...

Should we believe that or is more than meet the eyes or perhaps something is brewing in the middle east and Iran.

I wonder if the other branches of the services will be recalling also.

This is not the first time the corps has called on the Individuals to fill out positions on the military it was done in 2003.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think this is going to cause BIG problems amongst the military community.

Those men have had enough.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Not to mention since the government is complaining about not enough combat experience, they should consider rotating the troops over there who want to go. Seems the majority of those sent over seas do not want to be there, where as many havn't gone yet and are more than willing to go.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
the uk army is massively overstretched as well and also struggling to recruit, not exacly suprising when you take into the rediculously low wages they get payed, for instance a private can earn a max of £16,852 and are expected to put their lives on the line for this, they could probably earn more by sweeping the streets
other wages shown here

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I tell you I call my husband and told him about the Marine Recall he believes is only on very specific fields.

But he is grateful that he retired back in 98 so he is already out of the question.

Even when he still keeps himself in very good shape.

Many people that has served their country has gone against this type of recalls it will happen again.

Many will not show up.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
On the radio this morning they were discussing redeployment,
is that what they are talking about here?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
/me feels the road to canada may be becomeing more busier by the day

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot
On the radio this morning they were discussing redeployment,
is that what they are talking about here?

It could be, because its been in the news since early this morning.

Originally posted by solidshot
/me feels the road to canada may be becomeing more busier by the day

I imagine that it could happen.

Can you imagine somebody with a good job that pays more than what the ex military was making with is rank in the service?

They will have to take a big cut on pay . . . at least some of them.

But for many it could be a good pay check again.

But will the hardships will be worth it?

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The road to Canada???

The road to Mejico, the waters to Cuba, an extended vacation in the Amazon jungle....those are all possibilities.

I'd rather eat monkey.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The people being recalled are not retired.....the contract they signed enables the military to call up certian individuals up to 4 years (sometimes 8 years) after they are discharged.

Among the 2,700 are:

combat troops
Engineers
Support
Military Police
and a few others.

The tilte of this thread is once again misleading; making it seem troops are being called up against their wishes. (They should of read the fine print)

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is already being discussed in this thread from yesterday: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments there.

Closed.

top topics

join