It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Nerdlings Great Big End of The World Extravaganza!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kipman725

I'm sat in the corner in a good book. so much to read.. so little time *eyes fliker*

I'm not quite sure what your saying there partner, your what in the corner in a good book?

Do we get a compilmentary T-Shirt?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
YO YO YO! WHAT UP YALL? DIS BE VENOARIS COMIN AT YA LIVE FROM THE ISLAMIC JIHAD VIP ROOM IN THE APOCALYPTIC EVENT OF AUGUST 22! WE GOT JASMINE ALI MUHAMMAD SHAKING HER STUFF RIGHT NOW, BACK TO YOU GUYS! HOLLA!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
since people are posting lyrics to songs here's one that seems to fit.

"life at disconnect" by Propagandhi

"Had they been the ones dying under the cooking sun, picking through the dust, scratching at the barren earth, had it been THEIR insides spilling into the sand, they'd see on cracking land their spirit cannot triumph. Take a breath. Sit back and relax. Enjoy your moment of peace. You'll soon be back in the middle. Prepare for this one to make you flinch in disbelief. When you catch a glimpse of those just following the paths that got us to where we are. Who are these human shadows with still-beating hearts? Scratching at the door to our paradise. Beyond the distant hands of the world. Here we all think we don't belong but still bow our heads to our Emperors. Is this all there is? Maybe we really have nothing to say. Maybe we truly are just shallow and lame and we're all just waiting for the end, the spectacle, or some kind of catastrophe to bring us back to earth to stun our ever nodding heads. To introduce us once again to the one incorruptible as she flushes us from her veins. Kills us to live again. In case you wonder - I'm not trying to be cynical. I know how you feel - If your life's disconnect. In case you wonder - "What the fcuk's wrong with me?" If it all makes sense you're the furthest fcuking gone. They've got badges that they cover with their hands while they're bashing your fcuking head. They've got graveyards that they'll fill with that head if you start getting anywhere. I won't pretend that we're on the winning end. But when did that matter before anyway? That never mattered before anyway."

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! WARCRAFT IS STILL DOWN!!!! The patch is taking LONGER to install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by niteboy82
Byrd, but don't the WoW servers always get shut down on Tuesday am? Or was this another 'before the shut down' glitch? Nothing like getting downtime when it's ultra important to build PvP rankings, eh?

Actually, this was early maintenance. They'd been having some issues with hardware (they just didn't anticipate 8 million players in a highly graphical interface) and quirks. But they shut the servers down 2 hours early and extended the maintenance two hours more on the other end, so I'm only now getting the download patch available.

Ah doesn't do PVP rankings (never appealed to me.) But I *am* trying to farm up some ore for my engineer... there's this dragonling pet I can make (and the Gnomish Battle Chicken) that is so gonna surprise the heck out of some mobs.

...eh, and maybe someone in Warsong Gulch. Ya never know.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
with all the paranoia floating around for 8/22/06, id like to request a song if i may...something to help us end this terrible day. "where is my mind" by the pixies. enjoy

youtube.com...

peace out

[edit on 22-8-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Someone needs to get Nerdling out of his room... He's been in there too long, and surely is out of ice cream. I hope he has developed a certain level of intolerance to McFly.

p.s. Nerd, time to hang up the ATS thong until the next impending doom, which is certainly just around the corner.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's worse than we thought. The conspiracy is way deeper. Expecting the Official End Of The World™, our minds focused on which T-Shirt to wear for the Ragnarök Party, hidden entities had room to breathe, to strike, to realize their age-old designs for the ultimate blow against freedom and humanity, and there they are, unexpected and utterly victorious: it's the End Of The World Of Warcraft.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akareyon
It's worse than we thought. The conspiracy is way deeper. Expecting the Official End Of The World™, our minds focused on which T-Shirt to wear for the Ragnarök Party, hidden entities had room to breathe, to strike, to realize their age-old designs for the ultimate blow against freedom and humanity, and there they are, unexpected and utterly victorious: it's the End Of The World Of Warcraft.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

DON'T SAY THAT ABOUT WORLD OF WARCRAFT!

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
lol O man. The prophecy for the muslim people didnt realize it was for WoW. The guys prediction was for a video game that had not yet existed. He said "This day will mark the end of the world *cough cough* war *cough8 cra*cough cough* warcra*cough*ft*cough cough cough*." They decided to just cut that part since they figured it wasn't important anyway. I mean He didn't repeat himself, so he must have just meant end of the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
OK - Back from happy hour. I left everyone expecting the end to come shortly and drinking quickly. Can you beleive that no one knew about this world ending stuff
Well, they know now and they are better people for it! I could not get them to turn the TV to the news. They just do not understand the importance of it all

TG

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Yes folks, step right up for it is now August 22nd.

Day of death, doom, apocalyptic events and buy one coke get one free in Tesco.

As your apocalyptic ringmaster I'll be posting news snippets throughout the day that highlight just how all of us are going to die in a flaming torrent of hellfire and justice at the hands of;

1. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
2. David Hasselhoff
3. Snakes on a plane

I've got "I saw the coming of the Mahdi on ATS" t-shirts and "If religion is right then i'm totally screwed" bumper stickers available for purchase.

A free bar will be open for the duration of the festivities and prayer rooms have been set up for those who wish to make a shameful attempt at repenting to whichever almighty is the flavour of the month.

Let's have some fun with the apocalypse... after all... none of us are getting out alive.

First question of the day:

Does an influx of end of the world threads on ATS started before this truly signal the end of the world? All the signs are there! Wars, rumours of wars, pictures of fuzzy little otters, plague, pestilence and drug use in Major League Baseball.

i think an apology is in order

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't wanta' die now, I just got off work.

Hey! Is there a residual party tonight?

Roper

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Let this be an example to you all, that you are controlled by fear.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN

Ummm... are you sure you've got the right thread?

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Ummm... are you sure you've got the right thread?

Serious...I mean it. Gools is serious. Are you in the right thread? Are you serious? Because I don't see anyone in this thread being controlled by anything other than the urge to...

PARTY LIKES IT'S 1999!!!!!

*valhall busts a move*

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you seriously thought today would be the end of the world, you are controlled by fear.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

If you seriously thought today would be the end of the world, you are controlled by fear.

I don't think anyone truly thought today would be TEOTW. Didn' t you see the sarcasm, irony, cynacism and sardonic way this thread flowed?

Have a drink my friend!
I'm buyin!

[edit on 22-8-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Snakes in an Arizona Theater during showing of Snakes on a Plane..

Diamondback rattlers even, they are quite deadly...

Several broadcast reports from Phoenix claim that the two snakes were released in the theater while the film, 'Snakes on a Plane' was being broadcast and created a panic.

Those reports say the theater was emptied out and the snakes were rounded up and caught. Other reports say that there was but one snake and it was in the hallway, not in the theater.

Link

more....

"People are carrying them in - we believe - in backpacks - and releasing them form a container," Tom Whiting of the Arizona Herpetological Association said."

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What a lame party, I'm going somewhere else.

you guys don't know how to party like it's 1999

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Dear LAES, if you proof this thread you will see the truth. Ok, not THE TRUTH.
We are acting as humans out of fear perhaps, but getting the most out of it.

Laugh in the face of destruction.

Come play with us, Please

WIS

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join