It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIPAC - Israel in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Howard Friedman, President of American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), one of the biggest lobby groups in the United States.

'"AIPAC meets with every candidate running for Congress. These candidates receive in-depth briefings to help them completely understand the complexities of Israel's predicament and that of the Middle East as a whole. We even ask each candidate to author a 'position paper' on their views of the U.S.-Israel relationship--so it's clear where they stand on the subject."

"Members of Congress, staffers and administration officials have come to rely on AIPACs memos. They are VERY busy people and they know that they can count on AIPAC for clear-eyed analysis."'

Link to article...

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Sounds like they do a secondary Job interview after the candidate is in office.

"AIPAC meets with every candidate running for Congress. These candidates receive in-depth briefings to help them completely understand the complexities of Israel's predicament and that of the Middle East as a whole. We even ask each candidate to author a 'position paper' on their views of the U.S.-Israel relationship--so it's clear where they stand on the subject."

John Bolton meets with them often. He gives them the full rundown on whats going on. Why in the world an Ambassador to the UN for the United States would meet with a Lobbyist group is beyond me. We are losing our own security to appease organizations like this that have no cares about the USA, their focus is on a foreign government.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Ah Yes - The Good old AIPAC!

Did you know that in 1953, when they founded what is AIPAC today they were actually called American Zionist Committee for Public Affairs! But the not so great relations between the president Eisenhower and the rising Israeli lobbies quickly forced them to re-name themselves into American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

AIPAC and many other pro-jewish lobbies are probably the strongest force in Washington, which are doing a damn fine job; when you take a look at it, the Americans are much, Much more pro-Israeli orientated then for example Europeans.

Basicly Zionists OWN America throught the White House and the Congress.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
the wiki states that they persuaded Reagan in 1982 to veto a french led call for them to leave lebanon link anyone else seeing the similarities with what has happened recently where america and the seemed tried to stall and slow any attempt at a ceasefire?

[edit on 22-8-2006 by solidshot]

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
And let's not forget all the "campaign contributions" they make to congress members. Allows them to call in the favours at a later date.
Any politician who accepts a penny from any business or lobby group should be automatically suspended and prevented from running for office ever again. In doing so they are representing others, not the voting public who they supposedly represent.

I believe AIPAC is still listed as a tax exempt non-profit entity, although it sure does dole out a lot of money every year

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
what noobs, i say we nuke them lol

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
AIPAC has been involved in some pretty shady stuff. They helped manuever the US into the Iraq War, among other things. They've been implicated in Israeli spy cases against the US, and are now trying to manuever the US into a war with Iran.

Were they lobbyists from any other nation than Israel, the right would be shouting "TREASON!" loud enough to bring the House down. But apparently when you commit treason on behalf of Israel, it's not really treason...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Its really sad when the most powerful country in the world is not even its own country, but ruled and influenced by forces from within who do not have the best interests of America at heart.

If these idiots are so fond of israel, then send em there to live. I have german ancestry, yet you dont see me or other persons of German ancestry trying to influence foreign policy towards germany. Why?

because I am an American, not a German. And these Zionists need to make a choice: you are either American of jewish descent, or you are an israeli. I do not believe you should be allowed to be both.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Its really sad when the most powerful country in the world is not even its own country, but ruled and influenced by forces from within who do not have the best interests of America at heart.

If these idiots are so fond of israel, then send em there to live. I have german ancestry, yet you dont see me or other persons of German ancestry trying to influence foreign policy towards germany. Why?

because I am an American, not a German. And these Zionists need to make a choice: you are either American of jewish descent, or you are an israeli. I do not believe you should be allowed to be both.

Once again, I agree with you Skadi. The USA's policies regarding Israel are actually quite absurd when you think about it.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
didn't we have a bit of a role in the creation of israel as it is today?

wouldn't it be in our best interests to protect one of the biggest buyers of US arms outside the USA?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
wouldn't it be in our best interests to protect one of the biggest buyers of US arms outside the USA?

No. Especially when that buyer turns around and sells arms to China. or when that "ally" attacks our ships in international waters in an attempt to draw us into their petty conflicts.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Another thread with info on aipac.

Indictment againts USG official and Aipac Officials

Just goes to show who is really in charge.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
9/11 was a reichstag to make america fight israels war

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

...American of jewish descent, or you are an Israeli...

Jews are a religious group, not a race.

top topics

join