It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Jesus reappear?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
1 Corinthians 15:3-6 written by Paul:

" For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me."

It is evident from the above that there is no special law of nature that forbids a resurrected God from appearing to people.

It would be very helpful if he were to also prove to all of us that he is resurrected.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ersatz
It would be very helpful if he were to also prove to all of us that he is resurrected.

How exactly would he "prove" that he was resurrected? Come back as a mummy and let the scientists carbon date his bandages? Point being that, hypothetically speaking, if Jesus were to come back and be resurrected no one would believe him. Everyone would think he was either crazy or the anti-christ.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

How exactly would he "prove" that he was resurrected? Come back as a mummy and let the scientists carbon date his bandages? Point being that, hypothetically speaking, if Jesus were to come back and be resurrected no one would believe him. Everyone would think he was either crazy or the anti-christ.

Sorry Jenna, maybe you have not read my post in its entirety; I thought it was short enough...
He would prove it in exactly the same way he did to his followers after the resurrection and I am sure that if a God were to appear to you, you would probably be awe struck.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
He "DID" ressurect. On the third day. AKA Easter Monday.

If your asking "why doesn't he ressurect now?":

1) Why would he do it NOW? Its been 2000 years. People were asking the same question 100 years ago. And 100 before that. And 100 before that....etc.

2)The religion is based around ONE thing: FAITH. It will be obsolete if he were to PROVE his existense...
Why don't you hire a magician, and ask him to show you how the tricks are done...The same principal applies.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It is evident from the above that there is no special law of nature that forbids a resurrected God from appearing to people.

God is doing things a certain way. For the last 2000 years He has been appearing on a daily basis. As people receive Christ as their Savior, He shows up through the Holy Spirit and resurrects people spiritually and saves them from death and an eternal hell.

At some point He is going to return physically to the earth, so be ready for that moment.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Why doesn't Jesus reappear?

The answer is quite simple to those who arent asking the question.
Dead people dont come back to life.

I have no doubt that christians will disagree with me and my reply to them is this and I dont intent to offend anyone so if I do I am sorry.

One mans faith is another mans blind stupidly.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by xpert11]

[edit on 20-8-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
God is doing things a certain way. For the last 2000 years He has been appearing on a daily basis. As people receive Christ as their Savior, He shows up through the Holy Spirit and resurrects people spiritually and saves them from death and an eternal hell.

At some point He is going to return physically to the earth, so be ready for that moment.

What if we pray to Jesus like this: "Dear Jesus, please appear to us, as you did to Paul and the 500 brethren, so that we can see the evidence of your resurrection. In your name we pray, amen." Here is what Jesus has promised us in the Bible:

Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

In John chapter 14:14:

Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

In Matthew 18:19:

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Jesus is actually in our midst. So he is right here already, supposedly. Yet when we pray to him to physically materialize, nothing ever happens.

Isn't it odd that Nothing happens, given the fact that Jesus promises us that something will happen? Isn't it odd that nothing happens when, supposedly, Jesus is right here with us already, and materialization would be trivial for him?

The only way for this prayer to be answered is for Jesus to actually, unambiguously, materialize.

I must agree with xpert11, dead people saty dead.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

[Isn't it odd that Nothing happens, given the fact that Jesus promises us that something will happen? Isn't it odd that nothing happens when, supposedly, Jesus is right here with us already, and materialization would be trivial for him?

The only way for this prayer to be answered is for Jesus to actually, unambiguously, materialize.

When you pray in Jesus name, it's not a name it and claim it, automatic anything you want prayer. It means if it is in the will of God that you have what you asked for, it will be done and you will receive it. Not everything we pray for is in God's will for our lives.

God answers prayer 3 ways, yes, no and wait. I also pray for Jesus to return because the problems of this world have become to great for man to solve. It's going to take His returning to rule and reign for things to straighten out.

He is going to return, until then those who belong to Him are His servants.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

[Isn't it odd that Nothing happens, given the fact that Jesus promises us that something will happen? Isn't it odd that nothing happens when, supposedly, Jesus is right here with us already, and materialization would be trivial for him?

When you pray in Jesus name, it's not a name it and claim it, automatic anything you want prayer. It means if it is in the will of God that you have what you asked for, it will be done and you will receive it. Not everything we pray for is in God's will for our lives.

God answers prayer 3 ways, yes, no and wait. I also pray for Jesus to return because the problems of this world have become to great for man to solve. It's going to take His returning to rule and reign for things to straighten out.

He is going to return, until then those who belong to Him are His servants.

The fact is that a "hidden god" makes absolutely no sense. Why hide? It is every bit as possible for me to choose whether or not to worship a visible and interactive god as one who hides. The bible is replete with examples of biblegod manifesting himself (sometimes even in human or humanoid form -- in the Garden of Eden, in the divine mooning [Exodus 33:22], in Isaiah's description [Isaiah 6]). One of the claims made about Jesus is that he did miracles openly with the intention of showing that he was, indeed, "God Incarnate". An example of this is in Mark 2, where it is claimed he healed a man of palsy. After being healed the man supposedly "took up his bed and walked". According to the text Jesus makes the claim that he is offering this miracle as evidence of his special status -- specifically that he has the power to forgive sins, something they know that only God can do.

Biblegod had no problem manifesting himself to people, nor is there any indication anywhere that such a manifestation hampered free will in any way.

Apologists will continue to use "free will" as an apology for their hidden god who never actually does anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ersatz: Whether it was ignored or missed, It seems you failed to address my issue of faith.

I find it difficult to believe that you have nothing to say about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

One of the claims made about Jesus is that he did miracles openly with the intention of showing that he was, indeed, "God Incarnate". An example of this is in Mark 2, where it is claimed he healed a man of palsy. After being healed the man supposedly "took up his bed and walked". According to the text Jesus makes the claim that he is offering this miracle as evidence of his special status -- specifically that he has the power to forgive sins, something they know that only God can do.

So Jesus(God) did appear to many in a understandable form that people could see, hear, and touch and yet most of those who experienced Him eventually wanted Him killed. So the claim that if God were to appear and then people would definitely believe that He exists has already been addressed by God, and has been proven to be false.

Right know we cannot "see" or "hear" or "touch" God but someday we will. Until then He has instructed believers to be His hands, feet, eyes etc. in the present.
Why? God also shows Himself through answered prayers, and creation. Because God is allowing mankind to have a part in His universe. We will not see this side of heaven all the answers to why questions, but for some reason God is creating this:

1 Peter 2:[9] But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
[10] Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

He is creating a group that will point to Him for all eternity.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
He "DID" ressurect. On the third day. AKA Easter Monday.
If your asking "why doesn't he ressurect now?":
1) Why would he do it NOW? Its been 2000 years. People were asking the same question 100 years ago. And 100 before that. And 100 before that....etc.
2)The religion is based around ONE thing: FAITH. It will be obsolete if he were to PROVE his existense...
Why don't you hire a magician, and ask him to show you how the tricks are done...The same principal applies.

He resurrected after three days because Jesus is also the Logos which is Mercury.
The planet Mercury takes three days to reappear after being hidden behind the Sun.

With regards to the question of faith, how can I argue with that?
Faith has little to do with rationality. Here's a couple of quotes that I identify with:

DIVINE INSANITY
God killed himself on the cross to save his own creation from his own
wrath!

Galileo Galilei once defended himself with the following statement:
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use."

new topics

top topics

join