It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Are secret services reading it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I would bet that ATS is being Watched, but i think it is only to see if there is any threats to security here. As in possible future terrorists(not saying any of you are, BTW).

But i don't think the government would take what we have to say too seriously, after all to them (and most people in the world), we are just a bunch of paranoid conspiracy theorists.

Now if you posted something that was illegal to, say like military secrets, then i bet they would be down on you like a load of bricks.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tebbo
But i don't think the government would take what we have to say too seriously, after all to them (and most people in the world), we are just a bunch of paranoid conspiracy theorists.

From what i have seen, governments often twist things to their advantage, if they wanted to get rid of this site, they would had claimed this forum is a breeding place of idea's targeted against them. Heck they may even call it anti-patriotic. I myself am not worried about something extreme as that though.

The good thing is that nobody tied to secret services dares to get rid of something so obvious and known as ATS, that would surely draw attention, from it registred members and many other guests/unregistred watching this forum. Somebody will reveal the truth behind such actions, if something like that would happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Hey, who bloody cares? Maybe some of them will get some smarts. What else do they do but go home and watch NASCAR witha six-pack every nite?

Seriously, I hope they are getting some brains and seeing what's what. You can do your job and have a mind of your own too, ya know. The Voices of People who care enough to write the very best, that's ATS... proud to be a part of it.

Now the rest of you, mind your manners, eh?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth
From what i have seen, governments often twist things to their advantage, if they wanted to get rid of this site, they would had claimed this forum is a breeding place of idea's targeted against them. Heck they may even call it anti-patriotic. I myself am not worried about something extreme as that though.

Could the US Government actually shut the site down? Simon Gray comes from the UK (or so I think), I presume the US Government would have no power in shutting down this site?

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Could the US Government actually shut the site down? Simon Gray comes from the UK (or so I think), I presume the US Government would have no power in shutting down this site?

Good question... I assume that the US government handles situations like that anyhow, regardless where you come from. I could be just as wrong though. If no action can be taken by the US/Secret services, i'm sure they would do all they can to have atleast some influence on the matter.

Other views anyone?

[edit on 21-8-2006 by Mammoth]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I’m not a computer wiz but if they really wanted to then they could probably disrupt the site in some way or just make it unavailable in the US. Sorry SO but I’m thinking that one of those computer nerds working for the fed’s wouldn’t have too much of a problem hacking his way into a site like this and causing chaos with the entire site and or editing/gaining information.

Or they can just do it legally, ask the admin to edit some information if it is sensitive or classified and can get a warrant to gain access to user info from the admin.

So yeah I think sites like this are… what’s the word… "observed", for the purpose of security. However most members here with real classified information are smart enough not to post it.

[edit on 21-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It should not come as a surprise to anyone that there are intel people who read the conspiracy websites, military technology websites, milblogs, etc.

While conspiracy theories are generally amusing at best to these people, they are very interested in posts with first person descriptions of places, events and systems which demonstrate a real knowledge of something classified.

Additionally as stated before there are keywords, phrases, etc that will route particular internet traffic for further scrutiny.
This is a matter of routine and again, should not come as a surprise to anyone.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Why hack US?

We are the ones providing the information to them

I hope we give them a chuckle as they sit behind their desks....i suppose they even learn lots from reading what we have to say.

This is the thermometer...come here and get a feel for what people think. We'll be around longer than the rest.

Even the Secret Service has a sense of humor. I know, i had an involvement with them when i caught a computer hacker and made national news. I had my moment of fame.
That was in 1992.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I know, a lot of dissident minds gather here ... but don't think too seriously ... I mean, I'm ready for them LOL, they can kill me for speaking my mind if they want bt not without a fight, I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees, I'm ready to be a marter I believe in this is just a stage I'm living in .. life goes on ... death doens't exist.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If the U.S. gov. wanted to shut us down, they could just shut
our server service down, since I think the majority of it is
in the U.S..

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Even though the Stargate Program ended with the Gulf War, America being the superpower that they are of course will take virtually everything seriously and hob-nob their faces completely everywhere. Accordingly, who knows what is really being spent with the $40 billion a year black budget? I don't mean to be a weirdo or anything, but this website does go into a great deal about the third Antichrist and for a country that fought vilgerently against the second one I am going to bet that such an enemy alone is worth keeping tabs on ATS. They know it wasn't Osama or Saddam because they were made up, however, the real deal is definitely a mystery and we have to assume they would rather not have America completely surprised when he so chooses to arrive.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not Exactly A Threat To National Security

Originally posted by iori_komei
If the U.S. gov. wanted to shut us down, they could just shut
our server service down, since I think the majority of it is
in the U.S..

The servers are in Texas, and do indeed come under the jurisdiction of U.S. law, so if they wanted to, I'm sure they could shut us down.

However, they would presumably need a reason for doing so, and that would mean violation of some law (unless we really have become a dictatorship). Since the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use specifically prohibit discussion of illegal activities, and the owners of ATS have made it crystal clear that they and the staff are committed to legal, ethical operation, I consider an "Indymedia scenario" highly unlikely.

ATS is not an "anti-government" website.

ATS doesn't promote any cause other than Denying Ignorance. We don't advocate illegal acts, staging riots, violently overthrowing the U.S. government or anything like that. We remove anything illegal that members post, like references to illegal drug use or other crimes that might interest investigators. We are scrupulous about complying with all applicable laws.

So from the standpoint of law enforcement, ATS is a pretty boring place.

That doesn't mean we don't get an occasional live wire, but compared to oh, say, skinhead websites, ecoterrorism hangouts, Islamic fundamentalist forums or other sites where criminal acts are constantly advocated and planned, I must imagine that ATS is way, way down on the list as a "site of interest" to any government.

Hell, they don't even censor us in China, last I heard.

As titillating as it may be to think we're being revolutionaries by discussing what we discuss, the truth is -- as best I can tell -- that we aren't doing anything even remotely illegal.

We can still say pretty much anything we want and as long as we don't violate the T&C in the process, none of us is actually doing anything wrong -- even if we might feel that we have "radical" ideas.

In light of everything that's going on, I find that quite reassuring.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoSuchAgency
This might be an even more interesting question, are there any FBI/CIA agents that are members of ATS, and join in these topics?

Yes 1 NSA, 2 CIA. They only read for fun though.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Some of the threads here are cited as references in U.S. air force journals. This domain has shown up on FuBarI reports. Someone is reading, just how many and who are the questions

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
i guess my question would be "who cares?" it's pretty damned obvious they are having serious trouble getting reliable intelligence on the ground, why not monitor ATS to see if anything good comes up?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Gulp... I guess I take that back about them guzzling beer and watching races:

Federal agent among 3 shot at Md. mall

An off-duty Secret Service agent was shot after intervening in a fight in a shopping mall food court Saturday evening, and he returned fire, wounding the shooter, police said.

They'll be wanting armed guards in the malls for Christmas season, watch...

But I don't take back anything I've said about NASCAR.

NASCAR Cost Republicans the 2006 Election

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
How long can one fear before it dissipates. I think there is no way to avoid becoming a target if you live true. Once a target there is nothing more to lose. Live for the truth or let the lie kill you.

If everyday people know something or read something and post it, it is already public knowledge. Are they going to go after everyone who has read an article?

It sounds like censorship. What's next... are they going to tell you what you can and can't say on the telephone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join