It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Fleet 2006

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here is the USS SAN ANTONIO LPD which is of similar appearance and commisioned this year

The Chinese 071 has a armament of

- One HQ-7 SAM
- Two modifed AK-630
- One 100mm main cannon

Four Zubr craft

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

The Chinese 071 has a armament of

- One HQ-7 SAM
- Two modifed AK-630
- One 100mm main cannon

Four Zubr craft

No offense, but you are wrong on almost every point of that post.

1. It is probably only about 170m so MUCH smaller than the San Antonio class.

2. There isn't any photographic evidence of it having HQ-7 yet and position the HQ-7 was in in the old models (which are quite different from the real ship in almost every detail anyway) is where the main gun is.

3. The main gun is 76mm not 100mm - it's a varient of the russian AK-176 which also appears on the Type-04A frigates built at the same ship yard.

4. Zubr hovercraft are HUGE, no way even one could fit inside that ship. They are 57m long and 26.5m long when the skirt is boyant, wider still when it's stopped (maybe 30m). Even San Antonio class is only 30m wide - obviously the well-deck is not that wide.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by planeman

1.That one was obvious since we know that it would not be much bigger than the Type-054 which was position just in front of it . Which is why i said "similar appearance" not similar size

They look like different positions to me

3. You are right about this one, they do look similar from the pictures i saw

4. Something like these then?

[edit on 23-12-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well if there is going to be HQ-7 they haven't fitted it yet.

Another minor thing, I've just spotted that there are 4 not 2 30mm CIWS on the ship:

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Newer pictures have confirmed there existance

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Newer pictures have confirmed there existance

What's the red box supposed to highlight? It looks off-centre and in no way conclusive of any missile fit.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't see China so much as projecting power. I don't think they're as nosey as the US is. I do think they don't appreciate the US in their neighborhood. Basically if they want to address issues involving Taiwan or N Korea, they don't want the US interferring. You know what? They're doing a pretty good job at it.

The Sovremmeny's are just warm bodies in their surface fleet.
I think the most significant upgrades for China are in aircraft and submarine.

The West always had a BIG advantage if fighters until China started importing Flankers. The US uses air superiority in all its situations to administer its plans.
The Chinese realize that and are improving their capabilities.

Submarines are the best way to keep US carriers away. The Chinese have embarrased the US a few times with their submarines getting too close to our carriers.

If the Chinese have local air superiority over Taiwan and submarines around as well, it won't matter if the troops cross on a new amphibious ship or row boats. US carriers would have to swim with sharks or stay away.

Whether China does things peacefully or forcefully, they want to have the option of keeping the US out of the picture.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I just read on Sinodefence that China will buy SU-33s from Russia. So, after all this years, it seems "the Varyag story" can almost come to an ending: she will most likely become China's first aircraft carrier.

The initial two fighters will be tested on land airfield first and then on an aircraft carrier. China’s Dalian Shipyard is currently refitting the ex-Soviet Navy aircraft carrier Varyag which China acquired from Ukraine in 1999. The ship has been stationed there since 2002 and was painted in the PLA Navy grey in 2005.

In addition to the first batch of two fighters, the agreed option provides for delivery of an additional 12 Su-33 fighters and the consignment may eventually widen to 48, bringing the total cost to a sheer US$2.5 billion...

*Sinodefence
www.sinodefence.com...

Paranoid Duck

Edit: errr sorry, Chinawhite already brought the purchase earlier in this thread.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by Paranoid Duck]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

What's the red box supposed to highlight? It looks off-centre and in no way conclusive of any missile fit.

Its suppose to highlight activity in that location, and the reason its off centred is because the picture was taken on a angle

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
hey buddy, it's 2007 already.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The long rumored 093 submarine pictures has been released, this time we can see the entire design instead of the conning tower like the picture released in 2003. Contrary to reports Stealthspy have posted, it looks nothing like a "copy" of the Russian Victor III. Its capabilities are properly nearing the early Los Angeles class but according to forum speculation, the third submarine will be a much improved version owing to unsatisfactory performance from the first one or two.

Victor III

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Theres seems to have been two versions released.

One with sailing planes and one without

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
lol here i got a good pic on 093 too

the 2 in the back are the new 091G's, and the 1 at the front is 093

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

that sub is the 094, no need to guess anymore

the general layout of that ship is the similar(almost identical) to 093, except it carries those nuke silos

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Chinese Destroyer Type52B recently stopped off at Portsmouth

It and the Ark Royal

In port

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I would say that you are incorrect here as this aerial photograph proves.

It's actually slightly larger than the US ship.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Three SSBN spotted.

make of it as you wish

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Which Witch is which?!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join