It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Fleet 2006

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So the last two Chinese Sov's have Moskit (killing rumours of them getting Yakhont), and they also have two Kashtan CIWS instead of four AK30s - an obvious improvement.

Is there any evidence to substantiate that the PLAN Sov's Kashtan systems have the SA-19 Grissom fitted? - or just the guns?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The pictures i have seen only show the cannons, although its widely believe its equipped with the SS-N-11

Clear Picture

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Type-54A

Supposely having russian VLS system, the first picture we had was a scene of its construction about 1 month ago and nows its completed. I wonder what other secrets china is hiding

Larger Image

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Type-54A

Supposely having russian VLS system, the first picture we had was a scene of its construction about 1 month ago and nows its completed. I wonder what other secrets china is hiding

Larger Image
Also has Chinese designed CIWS in place of the Russian ones and a lower (larger?) helipad.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The helipad to me looks unchanged, but there have been a lot of new sensors added

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Re the helipad, look at this image to see what I mean - it's hard to explain but the dividing line between the upper and lower slopes lines up differently:
www.sinodefence.com...

Either:
a) The angles of the slopes are different thus the height above water of the dividing line has changed
b) The 054a is wider above the waterline and therefore the dividing line is higher
c) The helipad is moved lower down to increase its area, increase the height of the hanger and increase its stability - but at the cost of under-flight deck accomodation.

Also, is it confirmed that there is a Vertical launch SA-N-12 in existance? -surely it'll have reduced range or need an extra launch booster.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by planeman]

[edit on 8-10-2006 by planeman]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
Re the helipad, look at this image to see what I mean - it's hard to explain but the dividing line between the upper and lower slopes lines up differently:

I see what you mean, but the front of the ship is also missing that extra steel, suggesting its not finshed build yet (?)

is it confirmed that there is a Vertical launch SA-N-12 in existance?

If its name is the SHTIL, then yes. There are different code names for everything

[edit on 8-10-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Russia May Sell China Su-33 Fighters for 2.5 Billion Dollars

Points out China plans to build three aircraft carriers before 2016. China will obtain 2 Su-33 for tests, but that number may climb to 48 aircraft later, to become the second largest military contract with Russia after the 3 billion dollar Su-30MKI licensing deal with India. Tests will take place at a range that is under construction as well as from the "Varyag" aircraft they purchased in 1999 in Ukraine. The ship presently is docked at Dalian ((phonetic)). China should build its own first aircraft carrier by 2010 and equip it with imported fighters. The PRC is designing an indigenous carrier-based aircraft. China hopes for sanctions to be removed by the European Union so that "Rafale" fighters may be purchased for the carrier

Source: 23.10.06, NEWSru.COM

First article summerised
- "China should build its own first aircraft carrier by 2010"
- "China plans to build three aircraft carriers before 2016"
- "China will obtain 2 Su-33 for tests"
- 48 Su-33 in total
- Rafale might be obtained

Russia to Deliver Su-33 Fighters to China

Russia’s state exporter of weapons, Rosoboronexport is completing negotiations to ship to China up to 50 Su-33 jet fighters for a total worth of $2.5 billion. If the deal is ever clinched, it will be the second biggest contract for export of Russia’s armaments.
Till late this year, China will buy in Russia two Su-33 jet fighters on trial for the aircraft carrier that is currently constructed. The deal value is around $100 million, sources close to negotiations said. Bound by the very tough confidential agreements on military cooperation, Rosoboronexport doesn’t comment on the talks.

But the sources say the contract will be sealed in December in Beijing. The aircraft will be constructed by Komsomolsk-on-Amur Production Association and tested by China at the ground range and at Varyag aircraft carrier that was acquired in Ukraine in 1999 and which construction is being completed now. Russia uses Su-33 only at Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier.

China intends to come up with its own aircraft carrier by 2010, equipping it with foreign jets. But it will probably attempt to design its own variant of Su-33 by using Russia's technology.

The agreed option provides for delivery of 12 more Su-33 jets. The consignment may widen to 48, stepping up the budget to $2.5 billion. Should it happen, it would be the second biggest military and technological contract of Russia, trailing in size only the $3-billion agreement for Su-30MKI license assembly in India.

“Theoretically, China can make aircraft. They have mastered license assembly of J-11, the actual Su-27SK. The question is how much it will cost and how efficient it will be in operation,” said Konstantin Makienko, an expert of Strategy and Technology Center.

Second article summerised
- Claims the Varyag is being constructed for carrier operations
- "China intends to come up with its own aircraft carrier by 2010, equipping it with foreign jets"
- Chinese "Su-33" with russian technology

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I'm totally confused with the Chinese carrier bit..
will they.. won't they..

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interseptor
As long as China maintains its naval deterence there would be peace form the west.
Does china posses stealth subs?

I wonder if China does have magnet drives. US wasn't able to get them to work from what I heard.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the ships just before they went to a naval exercise

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The chinese transport is taking shape quickly

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
How many of these to be built?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Theres supposely two of these being built but i dont know how much more are planned, if any.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
looks like the flight deck is almost complete on the Varyag

Superstructure is looking good as well... amazing what a coat of paint will do

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
A nice CG of what the final amphibious assault ships under contruction will look like

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Heres a picture of its helipad

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It gets better, the Landing platform Dock (LPD) has been launched:

The gun at the front is a version of the Russian AK-176 76mm dual-purpose gun, and there are at least two 30mm CIWS (Russian designed AK-630s), one behind each funnel. She is expected to get some sort of SAM as well.

Undeniably world class LPD.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Its taken a total of 6 months to construct

[edit on 21-12-2006 by chinawhite]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join