It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gao Zhisheng Kidnapped by CCP Authorities in Shandong Province

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Oct

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Gao Zhisheng is not one of Chen Guangcheng lawyers. It's possible that he was involved in his defence informally, but Gao had his licence revoked last year for being a little too outspoken.

I am not sure if he is really a lawyer of Chen, maybe he is not, I get the impression from articles, but I cannot find now, however, the main reason of his being kidnapped by ccp is the ccp's fear.

Attorney Gao gave an explanation for his own arrest by a statement he made a few days prior to his arrest: "In the brutal and high-pressured environment of China today, lawyers feel a disproportionate amount of this pressure. It is lawyers who, in this modern world, dominate almost all aspects associated with the normal functioning of society — they are the force that check the forces of power and protect those who could be harmed as national forces vie for power. The forces behind communism understand the role that lawyers play and, for this reason, have targeted them."

www.theepochtimes.com...

Oct

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

I probably wouldn't call it a kidnapping, but it is definitely a politically motivated detainment.

I think illegally arresting is kidnapping, Mr. Gao did nothing wrong, his words make ccp fear.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join