It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof God is not a Woman!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This works if you believe the bible. God made adam. Women was then "invented" as a partner for adam from adams rib......ha ha to all you female empowerment people........

Mod Edit: CAP title

[edit on 17-8-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
How 'bout them apples

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'd like to hear thoughts on that

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
'Rib' is a word that means 'side' also. Eve was the soul part of Adam, and Adam was just flesh.

'The Mother of All Living.'

We need a mother.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Women were invented? How about them apples indeed...

Just tell my why it's necessary for God to have a gender? What does it matter whether God is male or female? Somehow I strongly doubt that God would even have a need for sex organs... Why is there a need to put God in a little box?

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Gender only pertains to physical things.

Already a post like this made.......

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Pls read it. Has lots of input from various point of view on the subject.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by spanishcaravan]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Of course theGod is male. Its the Goddess that is female/feminine.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Don't genders only come into play for reproductive purposes? IF God is a singular creator, and there are no other gods but "it", then there would be no need for gender. God is hermaphroditic. So in fact God is not a woman.

Or

When God was born he had two sets of genitalia, and the doctors said.......

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reproduction is just a very small part in the process of family and 'multiply and be fruitful.'

One may plant a seed, that will grow into a tree; but until that tree can fend for itself, the hope of it bearing fruit one day is solely dependent upon it being cared for, somehow.

Procreation results in a baby. But then what?

Is a father just a father because he is endowed as a male, physically? Or a mother just a mother because she has a womb?

God created the family unit to begin with two parents; the father has a more singular focus in daily life....he provides the sustenance for the household. The mother keeps the household organized and running smoothly.

So often in modern times, a mother must be both a mother and father and often the father must fill in the mother's role, too.

But it doesn't come naturally although it does come with love, and it works out okay.

Fathers are protective
and
Mothers nurture

'Gender' isn't just about physical differentiation; it is about energy, purpose, and drive.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't know about that Queenie. Depending on the species, the male and female roles differ. Like in seahorses, which were also created by God, the father as the nurturer, and the mother as an absentee. Wth penguins the duties are split evenly.

I think the mother father thing in humans works as nurturer/provider, but that's just the way that mankind evolved. Males had more physical strength, so it fell on them to be the hunters, and as they hunted, the best survived and passed that on to the young.

If you were to apply symbolic representations to these qualities, we may come up with a father figure of God and mother figure of the Earth goddess, but, as far as the logical aspect, God must be asexual.

or

God is a man, but he dresses like a woman because, well, that's how he rolls.

Edit: BTW, I want to make it clear that the Bible can not be used as a point of reference for judging God's 'gender' as it was written and edited by patriarchs with the express desire to keep the woman down.

Fight the power

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I don't know about that Queenie. Depending on the species, the male and female roles differ. Like in seahorses, which were also created by God, the father as the nurturer, and the mother as an absentee. Wth penguins the duties are split evenly.

But God didn't make penguins in the 'likeness of his image.' Only man.

I think the mother father thing in humans works as nurturer/provider, but that's just the way that mankind evolved. Males had more physical strength, so it fell on them to be the hunters, and as they hunted, the best survived and passed that on to the young.

No, because our bodies are created different; and if this had not been the set-up from the start, we would not have survived the amount of time it would have taken to evolve into complementary parent units, each half of the one whole!

If you were to apply symbolic representations to these qualities, we may come up with a father figure of God and mother figure of the Earth goddess, but, as far as the logical aspect, God must be asexual.

Depends on what you mean by 'sexual.' Physically that would have to be true, since God is pure Spirit. But reproduction is not necessarily a solely physical process.

BTW, I want to make it clear that the Bible can not be used as a point of reference for judging God's 'gender' as it was written and edited by patriarchs with the express desire to keep the woman down.

The patriarchs didn't want to 'keep the woman down,' but christianity sure has had a fiery agenda toward twisting the idea and role of women from what it was originally meant to be.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
The patriarchs didn't want to 'keep the woman down,' but christianity sure has had a fiery agenda toward twisting the idea and role of women from what it was originally meant to be.

Can you expound on this. How so??????????????

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommy1979
This works if you believe the bible. God made adam. Women was then "invented" as a partner for adam from adams rib......ha ha to all you female empowerment people........

How does this prove GOD does not have a vagina? Is this conclusive proof that GOD does indeed have a penis and testicles?

Why the fascination with GOD's reproductive organs?

ha ha to all you female empowerment people

Oh, you have issues with people who empower females.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Originally posted by queenannie38

Can you expound on this. How so??????????????

I think the point trying to be impressed upon here is that Christianity has performed in both actions and behaviors through their doctrine and practices a continual negativity towards women throughout it's (christianitys') existance.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks, friend.

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A male god would never create a man (first). He would create a female first. I know men and they are only interested in women. So you see, it's against their nature to make a man. oops!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
A male god would never create a man (first). He would create a female first. I know men and they are only interested in women. So you see, it's against their nature to make a man. oops!

Accordingly, the saying "ladies first" is probably denotive that back in Atlantis God used to be a woman in what Syliva Brown calls Anza. The biggest advantage of females in general is that there is no using the excuse "I'm only human" in justfiying any mistakes made since for them logic simply holds more meaning than the male side of the people. In the R&D world, you can't have anyone who isn't one hundred honest and since that's what woman sort of can't help but do, it's better if more woman are in the leadership position when comes to the sciences (this side side track is brought to you by Edgar Cayce's version of Atantis).

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If I were God, I'd probably create a guy first. Unless God was getting ready to bang Eve, theres no reason for her to come first.

The ladies first thing has nothing to do with Atlantis. It has to do with chivalry, which women happened to kill. Women are illogical. They rely mostly on beliefs and feelings. Thats why of the 2 genders, women are more emotional. Women are anything but 100% honest. No offense, but most of the women I've encountered have been extremely manipulative on some level.

God is a platypus.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites
Unless God was getting ready to bang Eve, theres no reason for her to come first.

A perfectly Christian quote

Or at least a mens locker room Christian

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Proof God is not a Woman!

At first glance the title suggests there may be proof God is not a Woman.

Silly me, i was expecting to see a picture of God's genetalia.

Boy, do i feel stupid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join