It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nixon gettin' stoned?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, Bohemian Grove is a very familiar topic to most of you, so I won't go into the Alex Jones version of the place.

That being said, I found this in the unclassified Nixon papers: A speech he made to members of Bohemian Grove. I won't reprint the whole speech, but at the beginning he admits he LOVES to get stoned at the Grove.

Rock on, Nixon.

San Francisco, July 29, 1967.

/1/Source: The Richard Nixon Library, Nixon Papers. Unclassified; Off-the-Record; Not for Publication. Printed by permission of the Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace, Yorba Linda, California. The speech was delivered in the Bohemian Grove, on the shore of a small lake near San Francisco, site of the annual retreat of the Bohemian men's club. Nixon notes in his memoirs that former President Herbert Hoover had regularly delivered the featured Lakeside address at the retreat, and after Hoover's death in 1964, Nixon was invited to deliver the 1967 address in Hoover's honor. (RN: The Memoirs of Richard Nixon, p. 284)

My fellow Bohemians and our guests: In my years of making speeches, I have never appeared on an occasion where more of the audience was behind me!

After four months of travel to four continents, I can't tell you how good it is to be back at Bohemia. It is dangerous to be dogmatic about any issue in the world today. But of this one thing I am sure--it's much more pleasant to get stoned in Bohemia than in Caracas.

Here's the link so you can read it yourself:

www.state.gov...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Where was this in 1970 when it would have done some good?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Found this document as well. It's an old press briefing with David Gergen, when -- in 1993 -- he was asked about his membership into The Grove....

Q David, did you just get inducted into the Bohemian Club recently?

MR. GERGEN: I have not been inducted.

Q Did you join that? What is that?

MR. GERGEN: You mean the Grove?

Q Yes.

MR. GERGEN: It's called the Grove not the club.

Q Sorry. It's only men so it's hard for me to know these things.

Q Are you going to run around nude? (Laughter.)

MR. GERGEN: No, you run around bald. (Laughter.) Yes, I was approached about joining the Bohemian Grove some -- oh, I don't know, I was approached two or three years ago about it. And my name is up for -- I guess I am now formally a member. It's a long process to get in.

Q It's a long process --

MR. GERGEN: Yes, it's a long process. Typically --

Q Are you going to do what those men do? (Laughter.)

MR. GERGEN: I don't know what that is.

Q That's all male and all white?

MR. GERGEN: It's definitely not all white. I went there once about three or four years ago for a weekend, and it was --

Q To try out? (Laughter.)

Q Are you going to remain a member?

MR. GERGEN: I have no intentions to resign.

Why don't we move on? I think we'll close this down.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
He meant it is more fun to get stoned (high) in Bohemia than stoned (rocks thrown at his car) in Caracas.

www.bartleby.com...

During US vice president Richard Nixon's goodwill tour of South America, mobs in Caracas stoned his car.

I do not think he was saying he did drugs or "loved" getting or was 'stoned', just making a joke that is hard to understand without knowing a little history about his trip to Caracas.

P.S. Nixon = Second Worst President EVER

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Getting "stoned" used to mean getting drunk in some circles. That may be what Nixon meant, who knows. I do know for a fact that alot of Ecstasy and other drugs are used at the Grove, I've knkown a number of people who worked there as waiters, etc. when I lived 4 miles from the Grove.

On a side note, Nixon commissioned a research report on the effects of marijuana. The result? No ill side effects were found. Nixon, however, decided not to release it, for whatever reason.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts
He meant it is more fun to get stoned (high) in Bohemia than stoned (rocks thrown at his car) in Caracas.

www.bartleby.com...

During US vice president Richard Nixon's goodwill tour of South America, mobs in Caracas stoned his car.

I do not think he was saying he did drugs or "loved" getting or was 'stoned', just making a joke that is hard to understand without knowing a little history about his trip to Caracas.

P.S. Nixon = Second Worst President EVER

No, I got the reference. I just love seeing all these little clues to the debauchery at Bohemian Grove pop up in public documents.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
I won't reprint the whole speech, but at the beginning he admits he LOVES to get stoned at the Grove.

Rock on, Nixon.

Sorry. I misunderstood this and thought I was clairfying.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

That being said, I found this in the unclassified Nixon papers: A speech he made to members of Bohemian Grove. I won't reprint the whole speech, but at the beginning he admits he LOVES to get stoned at the Grove.

After four months of travel to four continents, I can't tell you how good it is to be back at Bohemia. It is dangerous to be dogmatic about any issue in the world today. But of this one thing I am sure--it's much more pleasant to get stoned in Bohemia than in Caracas.

lol, I think by "getting stoned", Nixon was referring to people throwing rocks at him, not toking a doobie.

new topics

top topics

join