It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite '90s Video Game?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Whether it be Virtual Boy or the regular Game Boy; Sega Genesis or SNES; what's your favs in the otherwise morbid decade? Mine would have to be "Mortal Kombat 3" followed by the highly addictive "Theme Park".

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yes, I whole heartily agree with Half Life coming in at a close third Mr. Risitar.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
For the following systems

PC: Half Life
Snes: Super Mario World (hours upon hours of playing with my friends on this)
Sega: Sonic 2 (hardest sonic there is)
Nintendo 64: Goldeneye
Gameboy: Pokemon (who didnt like that game??) and Wario Land
yay for 90's video games!!

[edit on 17-8-2006 by AllinTheMind89]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I could say half-life but I think TFC deserves a mention (Team fortress classic) took many many hours away from my life...no better rush than playing TFC in a clan match, no other online fps has even come close to the fun I had with this game.Im sure there are others who remeber this game the way I do, the community was huge at the time till CS came and stole the limelight.

Hands down my favourite game of the 90's, followed by FF7 ( has it been 10 years already?!).

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh, well i guess i should have specified...but when i meant half life, i meant the game, Counter Strike, TFC, Day Of Defeat, all the other mods (another fav mod of mine was/is Natural Selection)

yeah, just an all around great game and such...

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Mine is Duke Nukem atomic edition for PC, Diablo (hellfire) , Doom (+ II), Heretic, Lionking, Tomb Raider, Moto Racer, and some others like Prince of Persia, Prehistorik 2...

For Sega Master System: Hang On, Alex Kidd, Sonic the Hedgehog, Wonder Boy, and some others I don't remember. I liked the Sega Game Gear's TV Tuner card, too.

I disliked Nintendo because I didn't have one. For 286 PC I liked Tetris in DOS Navigator, and the WWin 95 Games for 486. Pinball (Microsoft Plus 95) Rulez. :-)

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Nope.

best ever game for me was Secret of Mana on the SNES. Closely followed by mario and the zelda franchise.

They ate whole days of my life, and it taught me alot about perserverance and determination.

On the PC, well it had to be half life and its multiplayer variations..... man i now can speak l337 to shame n00b3r2 with perfect h3d sh0tz....rofl

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sega Genesis : Shadowrun and Phantasy Star IV

they were golden, like so awesome it was like some holy diety crapped them out and was like here lys, go and play these!!!!

Then of course on the PC there was Fallout I and II, and Diablo....

oh yeah for some mo' : Tribes 1, EarthSiege I and II, Mechwarriors all of them.

so many hours of my life... GONE FOREVER!

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Leisure Suit Larry. "Nuff said!

When Al Lowe and Sierra ruled thev world.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Lysergic,

PSIV and ShadowRun are the only two genesis games I would still play to this day. Definitley two of the most memorable and facinating. Good call!

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
PC: Shogun Total War
64: Starfox 64
GB: Link's Awakening

Kind of a broad thread I think but there you have it.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
SNES: Chrono Trigger, Sim City (I'm playing it right now on my mac emulator).

N64: Golden Eye

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
Lysergic,

PSIV and ShadowRun are the only two genesis games I would still play to this day. Definitley two of the most memorable and facinating. Good call!

amen brotha!

TESTIFY!!!!

I still play them every now and then on GENS, mmm emulation my favorite flavour!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Leisure Suit Larry. "Nuff said!

When Al Lowe and Sierra ruled thev world.

I miss the days of crazy boxs and 200+ page "instruction" manuals. I still got my Darklands manual and it weighs in at a heft 120 pages and not those chinsy dvd manuals, its a fricken book. I also think it will be easier to name developers and not names as that was the time when I was most heavily into gaming.

PC: Sierra, Bioware, Blackisle Studios, Infograms

NES/SNES: Squaresoft(it's the company that got me into gaming in the first place with it's ironically named Final Fantasy as they originally thought that it was gonna be the last game they ever made.
, Namco, etc etc.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and Goldeneye 64

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
PC - Doom Triolgy

Snes - Mario All stars

N64 - Perfect Dark

Playstation - Metal Gear Solid

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Lotta great games in the 90s, the super nintendo and genesis were great systems with some great games.. you would have to be a communist not to love sonic or mario

but i see that only one poster here (sorry if i missed any others) remembered that the playstation came out in the 90s.. and one of my all time favorites was the reason i got the playstation to begin with, final fantasy 7.. without a doubt.. the best of the franchise (with the american FF2 & 3 comming in as insanely close second and third)

But how about some of the unsong heros of the 90s... the lil known and poorly promoted Sega CD had acouple really fun games, one of the most noteable being "Sewer Shark", if you can ever get a chance to play this game i recommend it.. i promise you this game helped inspire the full move to the CD based games of the playstation and Xbox.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becon of Light
one of the most noteable being "Sewer Shark", if you can ever get a chance to play this game i recommend it.. i promise you this game helped inspire the full move to the CD based games of the playstation and Xbox.

Unfortunatly, the game also inspired companies to create games with lack luster gameplay but include "brand new shiney feature" that would sell the game anway.

-Steve

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
sega: sonic 2
nintendo: super mario bros 3
snes: wayyyyy too many great games for me to pick just one
n64: tie between goldeneye and starfox
playstation: resident evil 2!!!!!!!!
that game has to be the best of the series and the best ps game ever.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
God so many great games, lemme see:

SNES:
1) Super Mario World
2) Donkey Kong Country
3) Star Fox
4) Super Metroid
5) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
6) Super Punch Out
7) Final Fantasy VI
8) Super Castlevania