It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC to release 911 calls from Sept. 11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

NEW YORK - The city planned Wednesday to release hours of emergency calls from Sept. 11, 2001, after Fire Department officials said they had discovered hundreds of internal recordings made by firefighters who went to rescue people from the burning twin towers.

news.yahoo.com...

It says they "discovered" them.. does that mean that after nearly 5 years they just stumbled upon some of the calls? What is your views on this?

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Methods of ''Quoting'' – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/8/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Same pathetic statements as before...the callers from the buildings will not be released, just the voices of the operators because "it would be too emotional" to the families. The families lived through losing their loved ones. Hearing them scared on the phone won't be worse than that. And they do not have the right to claim right to privacy on a dead person.

They will, for the most-part, be worthless.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Valhall, I'm surprised at you.

That attitude is not worthy of you.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What attitude, Howard? That there is no personal claim by the families to recordings made by government emergency agencies and that as part of one of the most important events in our times evidence should not be withheld just for the sake of some one's feelings?

I'm not sure why that attitude should either surprise you or be unworthy of me. I've been saying it now for about a year here.

It's a fairly easy problem to avoid - if the family members of victims of 911 don't want to hear their loved one's voice on these tapes - they need to not listen to them. But there is no valid reason for not letting the public who is interested in learning what was going on in those towers that day (or on those planes that day) not hear all recorded tapes - ESPECIALLY NOW. Because the Moussaoui trial is over so the government can no longer claim they can hurt an ongoing prosecution (which was bunk in the first place).

[edit on 8-16-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Im sure i read somewhere the transcripts to every transmission made by the emergency sevices at WTC on 911. It even had parts of the transcript for when the radio interference was squelching it was very detailed. Where can i find that again. It was about 2 years ago when i read it and im sure it was on ATS

[edit on 16-8-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Member personalities and attitudes are irrelevant to the issue. Please feel free to pursue such discussion via U2U, should you feel the need.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here are links to ALL the mp3's, very interesting...very emotional

cbs2.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I heard on Fox News that there are 1,600 calls to be released... thats ALOT

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I was reading the NY Times about one of the calls, and before the north tower collapsed there were firefighters warning other firefighters and police officers to evacuate because they said the towers were on the verge of collapsing. I've never really read a whole lot about the different theories on here, but since some think bombs had to have brought down the towers, why would these officers (one including the Captain) think that just fire would bring down the towers? It's not that they didn't know what they were talking about either, since they were trained for high rise fires.

So what I really want to know is... Did they just assume fire would bring the towers down? If you believe the bomb theory, were these people in on the plan?

I don't really lean one way or the other on this subject, I believe parts of each story. I think this call could help both sides since it could really lean one way or the other. ORRR, it could just be something that's meaningless. Y'alls thoughts?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
im sick of hearing the bomb theory. it is the most asanine thing ever.. the towers collapsed from the fire.. am i the only one on september 11th that saw A HUGE HOLE in both towers with BLACK SMOKE *means bad*.. its the first that brought it down. no demolition.. the fire from the plane ... simple as that

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Hearing ONE SIDE of the conversation, the gov't operators side, will show very little. What the PEOPLE IN THE BUILDINGS saw and heard is the important part...

Not the response of the operator.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
im sick of hearing the bomb theory. it is the most asanine thing ever.. the towers collapsed from the fire.. am i the only one on september 11th that saw A HUGE HOLE in both towers with BLACK SMOKE *means bad*.. its the first that brought it down. no demolition.. the fire from the plane ... simple as that

Not quite "simple as that" when the temperature of the fire and jet fuel doesn't come close to being hot enough to melt steal, let alone weaken it enough to cause the collapse. And BLACK SMOKE only means it wasn't getting enough oxygen, meaning it was losing intensity, which is a *good* thing. Towers collapsing from a fire is ridiculous, especially in this case. All you need to do is look at WTC7 go down without any resistance, is it that hard to comprehend after seeing that along with bomb sniffing dogs being removed a week before these attacks? William Rodreguiez saying there were pre-crash explosions happening at the base of the building, where any industry peon would tell you that you need to weaken the base for a controlled demolition to be successful. There is too much BS to wade through for all those collapses to be caused only by the planes crashing into the buildings, or by debris falling.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've always wondered this about the bomb theory, if the buildings were rigged... how long did it take for someone to do that? I've read that there were bomb sniffing dogs but they were called off for that day. Would it only take one night to rig a building that size? I'm sure there was security in the building, did they either not see hundreds of lbs of explosives being moved into the building, or were they in on it?

Like I said, I want to know the truth, but I believe parts of both official story and the theorists story. It's just, I'll watch a video telling me why this flash in front of the plane is an explosion, and the reason they give me doesn't make sense to me. Therefore, this bomb thing isn't really working for me.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericds
I've always wondered this about the bomb theory, if the buildings were rigged... how long did it take for someone to do that? I've read that there were bomb sniffing dogs but they were called off for that day. Would it only take one night to rig a building that size? I'm sure there was security in the building, did they either not see hundreds of lbs of explosives being moved into the building, or were they in on it?

Like I said, I want to know the truth, but I believe parts of both official story and the theorists story. It's just, I'll watch a video telling me why this flash in front of the plane is an explosion, and the reason they give me doesn't make sense to me. Therefore, this bomb thing isn't really working for me.

I read that like a week before 9/11 that they did some "inspections" so idk it may have been then

new topics

top topics

join