It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally an answer to EVERYTHING - Quantum Field Gravity - BRAIDS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
You see even at the braid level we can actually apply general relativity, as all braids move through space-time, as I mentioned earlier the movement of the braid itself is like a slip knot along a rope..

The very movement of the braids is what gives us the impression of time. If all braids were to stand still within space-time then there could be no changes to the braids (they could not tangle), there would be no time.

I gotta say this confused me the most. Is there any proof that the braids are in fact moving?

What most people don’t realize is that the braids will eventually untangle themselves (cancel each other out) and the fabric space-time would drop the time and again be flat and void. This would then be the end of time as there would be no braids to move within space to create the concept of time.

latter you say...

There is the possibility within this model to say that the reason we are seeing an increase in the expansion rate of the universe is that there is currently not a balance in terms of the braids, they are canceling each other out at an accelerated rate.

If this is true, and they are trying to untie themselves. Well since the universe seems to always work in + and - wouldn't we be the + or the group that cancles the braids from untying themselves? I would say it would safe to add what ever we like, and consider there is an infinite amount of energy then we would easily be able to add what ever matter we want.

Also someone mentioned earlier about miracles and how this could explain them. I gotta say it does make sense.
Dean Raddin's book Entangled Minds says that all our minds are actually entangled. If his theory is true then this would explain it scientifically.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hey there Techsnow,

Originally posted by TechsnowIs there any proof that the braids are in fact moving?

Yes there is proof that the braids are moving, As the braids are the fundamental aspect of reality, as the particles we all know move then ergo the braids that describe them also move.

However, this is not the movement I talk about when I speak about the experience of flowing of time.

Thought Experiment

If you image a long rope, the middle of the rope is coloured red. Now image you tie a few slip knots into the rope at either end, one slip knot tied one way and the other slip knot at the other end of the rope tied the opposite way.

The rope represents Space-Time and the knots the braids.

Now image the slip knots are moving along the rope at different rates, they would eventually collide right? If or when the slip knot reached the middle of the rope the slip knots themselves would be coloured red since they are made of the rope.

Now since you tied the slip knots in opposite directions when they collide they would cancel each other out or untie each other.

This is the basic principle behind what I believe is why we seem to experience time as flowing. The braids are in fact travelling along space-time and it is this movement that gives us the impression of time, it also means that time as we experience it could change speed, even stand almost still.

This principle also means time could never turn backwards.

I could invoke relativity here and say that from the ropes point of view the slip knots are the ones moving, or if I was a braid I could say that it was the rope that was moving.

The same applies for space-time, the reason we feel that time moves independent of us is that we are the braids. (hypothetical slipknots on a rope)

If this is true, and they are trying to untie themselves. Well since the universe seems to always work in + and - wouldn't we be the + or the group that cancels the braids from untying themselves? I would say it would safe to add what ever we like, and consider there is an infinite amount of energy then we would easily be able to add what ever matter we want.

I totally understand why you would think this and say that. However, we do not know what the polarity of the braids are within space. We do know that to us it looks like space is expanding at an ever increasing rate, which would lead me to think there is an imbalance.

This is why I think that if we start to manipulate braids then we need to do this with balance in mind.

If for example we were to start adding lots of positive twists to the braids, that may cause a cascade effect where it could unravel all the surrounding braids.

Then again, I maybe completely wrong and say that if that was the case then why wouldn't more braids... objects around us fade away when they meet braids of the opposite direction???

Which ever is true, one thing is certain, if we start manipulating reality at the most fundamental levels then we aught to know what the consequences are fully before we actually do it.

I think someone said crash the universe....

Since the ribbon graph can be broken down into simple data... numbers. The best way to describe all the above is simply this.

If all the matter and energy in the universe were to be added up then it should equal exactly 0.

Am I making any sense??

Now to move to questions brought up by Soficrow,

Firstly thanks for the compliment. I read your post with a smile. The way this thread is going and the direction of the research, the subject matter may very well find its way into book format....

Anyway onto your questions.

Questions:

Does quantum computation imply awareness, of any kind?

What role does life/biology play in quantum computation/reality? Is it pivotal? Incidental? A byproduct? Irrelevant?

Now these truly are the ultimate questions aren't they??

Looking at the data and relating it to our everyday experiences of the world, its easy to see how things work.

However, the BIG question is WHY!!??

If this whole reality is simply a construct of a quantum computational device then that does raise two questions in my mind.

Firstly, Who built the quantum computational device, and secondly what is the purpose of the computational device.

The first question I cannot answer, I think non of us can. but the second question maybe easier to answer than you think.

I believe that if we are all in a simulation then it may be possible that we are the purpose, not just people here on earth but consciousness itself.

It is not so hard to believe either since we ourselves are on a quest to build AI artificial intelligence. Wouldn't it also be logical to think that other life forms would think this way???

So why don't (I hate quoting the matrix...) the agents come out and get me for suspecting the truth??

Because to be truly conscious you have to be aware of who you are in relation to your surroundings!!

So maybe we will reach a point where we are totally aware of being inside a simulation and have the ability to communicate with the OUTSIDE. Perhaps we are simply growing to a point where this can happen.

What ever the truth is, I am more than 200% sure that we will find out only if we can survive long enough to grow.

Anyway, my time is up again.

All the best people,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
in regards to the 'who' and 'why' of the question of who built this computer...

ever read the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy? strange that a work of farce might have for real implications.

as i stated previously, i really think that the kabosh should be put on this line of study unless it's done in secret. this information making its way into the world we currently live in could have ultimately disastrous effects.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
in regards to the 'who' and 'why' of the question of who built this computer...

ever read the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy? strange that a work of farce might have for real implications.

42?

as I stated previously, i really think that the kabosh should be put on this line of study unless it's done in secret. this information making its way into the world we currently live in could have ultimately disastrous effects.

A lot of people would follow you on that, but I'm not one of them. I personally believe that this is the single biggest discovery of all time.

What you’re saying of course is that ultimate power corrupts ultimately right?

I would like to point out that wanting to know what the nature of reality is, is in our programme. I think that we are meant to find this out and we are meant to develop to a state where we can use that knowledge.

Notice I say things such as develop and grow. If we somehow managed to create a way of manipulating reality at the fundamental level right now at this very moment, with the majority of people thinking negatively then we would be in for a rough time for sure.

However, what if we were able to create a total utopia? Where everyone could experience anything they wished, without worrying about hurting anyone else since every one could create what ever they wanted.

It would mean life as we know it would cease to be and we would have evolved into something not too far away from what star-trek called the Q-continuum.

That is our path, albeit a long one, but we are heading there I believe.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
that's what i'm saying - at this point in time, we're not ready for it. i fully agree that we should have this knowledge, i just don't think we're mature as a people to handle it.

i think too many people have too much faith in humanity. every scientific advancement in the past several hundred years has found it's way into a military capacity. we thrive on the negative. i don't know why that's the case, but it certainly is.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents

as I stated previously, i really think that the kabosh should be put on this line of study unless it's done in secret.

A lot of people would follow you on that, but I'm not one of them. ...
It would mean life as we know it would cease to be and we would have evolved into something not too far away from what star-trek called the Q-continuum.

That is our path, albeit a long one, but we are heading there I believe.

I agree with NeonHaze here.

IMO - our worst troubles as a species come from 'elite' rulers trying to keep 'secret' knowledge from the 'masses' - and denying that we all really are in this together.

...We can only move forward as a species - if we continue trying to create a synthetic split of elite and servants, we're going nowhere. imo

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i dunno. i guess i just don't understand your faith in humanity.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Nutshell - It means that you and I and everything in the universe is actually made from the same fundamental thing... SPACE.

So what does this all mean for us.... and why can't I use this to totally alter reality right now???

Well the truth is you can alter reality... but the main issue is that because we are all one and there is an overall consensus amongst the majority of thoughts that believe in the illusion of the world that it is hard for one to use the known information.

But the good news is that the idea is spreading. and fast. The more people that understand that what we see as reality is merely what we choose to see then the faster the veil that covers our minds will come down.

Sounds all too metaphysical for most but the principle is held firmly in HARD Scientific and Mathematic facts.

IF we are able to harness the power of this principle then the first thing it would mean is totally unlimited and complete power to create anything at will, including pure energy.

We would have evolved past our childhood and into a new era.

However.....

For the more shady side.....

What the mathematics are showing us is that there is a rather uncanny, in fact a little too uncanny link between the data we are seeing and the data produced by a quantum computer.....

So the reason this all maybe actually possible is that truly none of this is real and we are all trapped inside a large quantum computational device....

Which ever way you would like to take it, one thing is certain, further developments will be very interesting. Go with you heart and mind together not just your mind for then you are normally not wrong.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

Wow some of this info is mindblowing!

Neon A few questions

The part bolded above... Is that similar to the event where the race horse "Barbaro" hurt his foot, and the doctors gave him a 10% chance of living, but out of nowhere it started to heal? Something these doctors have never seen before... There were prayers and thoughts going out all over the world for this horse, and doctors really thought the prayers helped. Is this because so many peoples consciousness was focused on one being? And therefore it somewhat altered reality?

A couple more questions if you don't mind, but if you do not feel comfortable answering these on a public forum I understand.

Would you say this idea is sometimes why "praying" seems to work? That some people are more focused on actually believing that praying works, and to put it bluntyly, pray harder? Do you personally believe in any religion? (if this is too personal do not answer)

Thanks for your time!

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think that to believe that eveything in the universe is racing away from our local group faster the farther away it is, is very much like believing the sun and all of the planets circle in orbits around the earth.

It is a perception that does not reflect the truth, reality.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by Senaden]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Now to move to questions brought up by Soficrow,

Firstly thanks for the compliment. I read your post with a smile. The way this thread is going and the direction of the research, the subject matter may very well find its way into book format....

Anyway onto your questions.

Questions:

Does quantum computation imply awareness, of any kind?

What role does life/biology play in quantum computation/reality? Is it pivotal? Incidental? A byproduct? Irrelevant?

Now these truly are the ultimate questions aren't they??

Looking at the data and relating it to our everyday experiences of the world, its easy to see how things work.

However, the BIG question is WHY!!??

....I believe that if we are all in a simulation then it may be possible that we are the purpose, not just people here on earth but consciousness itself.

...to be truly conscious you have to be aware of who you are in relation to your surroundings!!

So maybe we will reach a point where we are totally aware of being inside a simulation and have the ability to communicate with the OUTSIDE. Perhaps we are simply growing to a point where this can happen.

Sorry - I missed your response earlier. And you're welcome.

Another question.

Why do you assume quantum computation is a simulation, rather than simply quantum reality?

Seems to me all your points hold in either event. No???

PS. A book is a good idea, imo - any book you write would be worth reading.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Do you follow?
All the best,
NeoN HaZe.

Errrm... barely.

I'm struggling to understand because I don't see how these braids can make up the universe, thereby causing the laws the universe follows, but then we can manipulate the braids without even thinking about these laws. Or maybe a better question is, why can't I just construct braids that go against the laws of physics?

If the braids form everything then why do macroscale objects decay? Also I don't understand how, say, a braid in my arm can be connected to a braid on Uranus,
, but seriously?

As regards the data matching that of a quantum computer, wouldn't that be because the theory is formulated out of quantum and string theory? I wish I could formulate an example to show you what I mean but I think you'll understand this question. Maybe, aren't there other ways of representing the data that wouldn't result in it looking like it is in a computational form.

Sorry to waste your time if this is a load of rubbish as it sounds like you really understand this theory and I evidently don't.

I liked the way you compared philosophers to physicists. I'm currently studying philosophy at uni in london, but now wish I'd chosen physics, anyways... this is an awesome thread. Its reminiscent of the way philosophers create two fictional characters to help explain their ideas but it seems much better to have real people discussing it rather than one person creating the whole thing. How long till we have an ATS book.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by byhiniur
Maybe, aren't there other ways of representing the data that wouldn't result in it looking like it is in a computational form.

You could try a tree with roots for where energy enters the universe, the trunk for all energy contained in the universe, branches for galaxies, small limbs for local groups, twigs for solar systems, and leaves, fruit, flowers, and nuts for the rest.

It would be the Sephiroth.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
BUMP for neonhaze to reply to my post above!

thanks neon!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

...but then we can manipulate the braids without even thinking about these laws. Or maybe a better question is, why can't I just construct braids that go against the laws of physics?

Presumably - becuause humans and our penknives and computers are macroscopic things (i.e. bigger than a braid) - if we wanted to manipulate or create a braid it would involve us in the expenditure of energy at the macroscopic level. Thus conservation of energy is preserved. The best we can do is to work with existing matter end energy to initiate the process of manipulation, which means that braids would only turn into other braids. We can't manipulate spacetime without going through the medium of ourselves and the universe we live in.

Trying to manipulate spacetime to make a "new" kind of braid would be identical to trying to "find" a new kind of particle in a particle accelerator. It is a literal translation of the same event.

My general problem with a theory that demands spacetime itself be the ultimate reality, is that no mathematician has ever been able to explain to me what spacetime actually *is*. I think it's a version of Descartes "I think therefore I am". I kinda experience and "know" that the universe does actually exist, even if it is made of very strange stuff indeed. But there is still that very strange stuff. Spacetime is only a set of mathematical rules, like a distance function. Making maths does not make reality. One could write any arbitrary complex set of rules governing a multidimensional space, but that would not make the space be actually made of anything. To *what* are the rules attached? How does spacetime *know* how to behave?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Presumably - becuause humans and our penknives and computers are macroscopic things (i.e. bigger than a braid) - if we wanted to manipulate or create a braid it would involve us in the expenditure of energy at the macroscopic level. Thus conservation of energy is preserved. The best we can do is to work with existing matter end energy to initiate the process of manipulation, which means that braids would only turn into other braids. We can't manipulate spacetime without going through the medium of ourselves and the universe we live in.

That's not what Neon Haze claims. According to him, and he's a proffesor of physics (although I'm not, so I'm not 100% sure I'm right) we would be able to make objects out of nothing. We could make elephants out of air.

So if we can do this, what stops me flipping the braid and making an 'anti-elephant'?

Why can't I make an invisible gun, or trees that produce oxygen from the absence of light rather than from light?

I hope you see what I'm driving for Neon Haze, I'm just finding it diffiuclt to think of objects that could be made from braids that would go against the laws of physics.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There is one thing I really don't understand about string theory and this theory. What is space/time? In M-theory or superstring theory what defines the 11 dimentions?
If you have this space/time being folded up in briades and they are nothing, how does this occur?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Does this theory have any chance of explaining what life is? I say that the theory that fully explains what life is, is the truly ultimate theory. I am sort of working on a theory myself, even though I only have high school level mathimatics and physics. It is kind of like this theory but, has a different bases other than space/time. I too based mine on M-theory or superstring theory. Sadly though, it is very unlikly that I will finish it due to the fact, that I am not that smart and probly won't get a PHD. in university, or abtain the knowlege I would need to complete it.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by halfmask]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hi All,

Sorry I haven't had chance to reply any of your posts these last few days, been away on a field trip.

Glad that this thread is being kept alive. There are so many good threads on this site that just disappear off the radar.

O.k. Down to business.

Originally posted by soficrow
...We can only move forward as a species - if we continue trying to create a synthetic split of elite and servants, we're going nowhere. imo

Why do you assume quantum computation is a simulation, rather than simply quantum reality? Seems to me all your points hold in either event. No???
PS. A book is a good idea, imo - any book you write would be worth reading.

Absolutely

The main reason I was involved in longevity research was because I am enthused about the possibilities we as a species can reach for. I want to live long enough to see what amazing things we can achieve.

Often people have a pessimistic view of the future, in my mind this way of thinking is the main reason we face such problems today. Since WE create our future, don't we have a choice in the what happens??

Hmmm... now choice is an interesting subject when related to quantum effects, will come onto that a little later.

To answer your question about why I ere in favour of the simulation scenario over natural quantum reality, it is because of our own fascination with creation.

We seem to have a deep seated thirst or are hardwired for creating our own versions of reality, I wonder if this is an instinct of consciousness or a requirement.

Also, if the simulation scenario is correct then it would explain entanglement… read further down the post

The main issue I have with writing a book on any subject not considered mainstream within the physics community, is that it has a very real and large chance of getting you labelled Crank and fringe. Though I may assume an alias

Well the truth is you can alter reality... but the main issue is that because we are all one and there is an overall consensus amongst the majority of thoughts that believe in the illusion of the world that it is hard for one to use the known information.

Originally posted by noslenwerd

The part bolded above... Is that similar to the event where the race horse "Barbaro" hurt his foot, and the doctors gave him a 10% chance of living, but out of nowhere it started to heal?

Is this because so many peoples consciousness was focused on one being? And therefore it somewhat altered reality?

I didn't know anything about "Barbaro" until you mentioned it here, I have been reading up.

To answer your question about what I said earlier in bold, I do believe that we have the ability to change directly the outcome of future events.

I believe we can sway the results of so called random events such as a dice throw or alter a random number generator to sway in the direction we choose.

It is interesting you say that the doctors gave Barbaro a 10% chance of survival. You see the underlying reality of quantum mechanics is about exactly that chance.

It is important to realise that at the quantum level nothing is imposable as all outcomes have a chance attached to them.

What you are implying is that by shear number of people thinking heal, Barbaro's chance of survival went up. This I believe IS the case.

Would you say this idea is sometimes why "praying" seems to work? That some people are more focused on actually believing that praying works, and to put it bluntly, pray harder? Do you personally believe in any religion? (if this is too personal do not answer)

I don't mind answering this line of questioning at all. I personally believe prayer works in two main way.

Firstly, I think it is the power of suggestion working within the individual who is a believer.

Secondly, I think that your original premise is correct, multiple believing minds concentrating on a single point or goal. I think that the truth behind that is simply that a larger portion of the overall GLOBAL Consciousness is being focused.

Do I believe in religion? Well religion exists whether I believe it or not.
Do I believe in heaven and hell? No absolutely not... it is a reward/fear mechanism of control....

The main reason I personally don't agree that religion is a good idea, is that it makes questioning minds peaceful and inert.

There can and always will be, only a single truth. I think as a species we need to grow up and stop believing in some fairy tale ending that will or will not occur by some judgement of some sort. We need to start to act maturely by taking charge of our true destiny.

Originally posted by byhiniur
I'm struggling to understand because I don't see how these braids can make up the universe, thereby causing the laws the universe follows, but then we can manipulate the braids without even thinking about these laws. Or maybe a better question is, why can't I just construct braids that go against the laws of physics?

Now this is a very astute question to ask. Thanks for this.

Mostly people believe LAWS of physics to be absolute and it is unthinkable to go against a law of physics. In truth a law is made when a hypothesis has been proven many times through experiments held under strict scientific conditions.

However, the laws of physics have from time to time come under fire, or are altered to fit new conflicting results. A perfect example of this is the inverse-square law which forms the basis of Newton's law of gravitation.

Newton’s inverse-square law states that the attraction between two bodies falls by a factor of four every time the distance between them doubles. However, this is not the case when applied to stars that are orbiting around the outskirts of spiral galaxies.

If Newton’s law was correct then the stars would be flung off into space. The reason for this is now thought to be dark matter clumps within galaxies, giving the galaxy much more gravity than previously thought.

So to answer your question about how to create a braid to go against the laws of physics, perhaps previously set in stone laws are either totally flawed or need realigning.

I am not suggesting ALL laws are null and void due to QLG, I am saying however that all current laws of physics are based on a very rough rendering of reality, and may not be accurate.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I don't understand how, say, a braid in my arm can be connected to a braid on Uranus,, but seriously?

Uranus??

This concept comes from reducing the data to it’s most fundamental. The Maths….
If the universe is the result of a computational device then Space itself does not exist.

To *what* are the rules attached? How does space-time *know* how to behave?

The best way to visualise this is to say that SPACE-TIME is equivalent to the Monitor screen you are reading these words on. The words are the braids and the raw data is what the CPU produces from an input device…

So if space does not exist then the data that describes your arm can be connected to anything within the overall programme

Sounds quite far fetched doesn’t it??

This is the part that scares me, and I have often stayed wide awake at night thinking about the implications of it.

We have already found a process within reality that would arise as a result of this scenario…. Quantum Entanglement. QLG accurately describes why and how entanglement works.

Maybe, aren't there other ways of representing the data that wouldn't result in it looking like it is in a computational form.

There is the natural arising world of Quantum Reality interpretation. That is to say that the universe arose with no influence other than the simple laws that prevail within chaos theory.

However, this interpretation of reality is not a grand unifying theory; it is as open ended as the questions that gave rise to it.

Anyway… ran out of time again.

Hope that answers some of the questions here,

More later.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
so you're basically saying that the 'code' to generate our universe was created in a comparable scenario to shakespeares 1000 monkey re-writing hamlet?

what if the dimension of time exists beyond the 'walls' or 'brackets' of our universe (or it's code) - what time frame would you be looking at for something like that to be generated randomly? googleplex^googleplex? mind boggling, really.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join