It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally an answer to EVERYTHING - Quantum Field Gravity - BRAIDS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
boring, still cannot explain my pruple widget problem. Nice theory

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soitenly
boring, still cannot explain my pruple widget problem. Nice theory

Ermmm... well until we have all this straightened out, you might want to try fedex.

All Jokes aside, do you get the principle of the theory though?

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've got the copy of New Scientist with this as the lead story, although a very complex theory at the nuts and bolts level, it certainly comes across as a simple and elegant solution which makes a *lot* of sense

When I first heard of string theory many moons ago my immediate thought was "hmm, maybe this would provide a solution as to how "psychic" phenomenon occur, as well as things like Reiki, Chi/Ki, ghosts, afterlife etc etc..

If this does pan out as I hope it will, it could certainly a a massive "eureka" moment for the human race, as suddenly *anything* and *everything* becomes possible

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I do hope the theory is somehow just a little off. The implication that we, all of us, as well as everything else are one just plain scares the crap out of me. I like being an individual. However, the idea that distance does not really exist is fascinating in many other ways. Quantum entanglement has fascinated me ever since I first read about it. The theory neatly explains how it could be so.

The notion that humans could ever somehow manipulate spacetime at the Plancke level, or at any level at all for that matter, I find incredulous. Our tools would have be much smaller than atoms and I just find that concept totally ridiculous.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Astronomer70]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I wonder if we'll have a few more answers when the data starts coming back from the GlueX Project.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I wonder if we'll have a few more answers when the data starts coming back from the GlueX Project.

I have heard of this project, though I think the results of such a project would have many implications for possible energy generation technology, I also think that the results will be open to interpretation.

Here is a paper written last year about graviton propagation in a non linier spin network.

Graviton Propagator in Loop Quantum Gravity

I might add, that the use of graviton does not necessarily mean a particle that adds mass.

More over, the term graviton is only relevant when applied to 4-dimentional space-time. Once you relate Gravitons as a means to propagate information you need a spin network to understand how and why this is the case.

This paper goes some way to understanding why for example entanglement can send information instantaneously seemingly breaking the laws of causality, when gravity the weakest of forces decays.

The Equations in this paper are quite comprehensive, so if anyone needs a simplified explanation, just ask away.

All the best people,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Neon Haze:

For many years, I have held to the concept that religious expositions of the manner of creation are gross oversimplifications of the exact phenomena that this white paper suggests.

My own theories as to the existence of "GOD" have altogether everything to do with the concept of a pseudo-sentient Brane whose primary function is generation of content... a creator program, if you want to use the eerie possibility of this all being a simulation.

My own ponderings often lend also the idea that the void, as you term it (And as I term it, and as it has been termed in religious texts) is also a pseudo-sentient intelligent unmaker program, primary purpose to be unravelling the braids as it were.

I hope I am not derailing the discussion with my conjecture, but what are your thoughts on this matter? Could the brane generating the quantum braiding have a purposeful sentience? Is it possible there is a dualistic struggle between the two which actually results in our existence as it is, due to the turbulence which causes the braids to generate AND unwind?

I look forward to your thoughts.

TL

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What's funny is the closer we get to unlocking the secrets of reality, the closer we get to our doom (global warming). Maybe the Simulated reality is right.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hi all,

If you are interested in this subject then you may want to check over at the following link it leads to Last years Autumn Loop Quantum Gravity Seminar.

International Loop Quantum Gravity Seminar

In addition it links to the continued discussions on loop quantum gravity and the nature of reality.

I particulely point anyone having issues with this theory to check over the following

Loop Quantum Gravity: - Frquently Asked Questions - PDF

Loop quantum gravity frequently asked questions - AUDIO - WAV

Hope you all enjoy

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is simply the best thread I've ever come across on ATS. I think this for four reasons.

First, because of the subject matter of the original post.

Second, because of the way in which the multiple perceived ramifications of QLG -- from immediate, logical consequences to far-fetched extrapolations -- were quickly addressed by other posters on the thread.

Third, for the polite, thoughtful, inclusive and above all breathtakingly creative responses made by the OP, Neon Haze, to these member posts. His responses invariably take the concept and the discussion a step farther into the region of the weird and wonderful while remaining grounded in good science -- they are a feast for the sense of wonder.

Fourth, because of the educational value of the numerous links added to the thread by Neon Haze and other posters. I've never learnt so much from a single thread.

And so...

You have voted Neon Haze for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Least I could do.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Thanks Astyanax.

It is really marvellous to hear that you are enjoying this thread.

I always get a great sense of achievement when someone has enjoyed the process of learning, it's one of the main and original reasons I gravitated towards teaching.

Though a subject such as LQG it is enough to say that we are all on a sheer learning curve

I nearly always find that to spark peoples interests in learning the basics, you often have to look at the distant implications and speculation to excite the mind enough to go through the journey of discovery.

Someone who has perfected this technique is Kip Thorn, who has managed to perfect a way of communicating complex abstract ideas through means of deduction.

Starting with the potential results then working backwards from there closing the doors behind them as they go. Though this way of working does not produce a direct proof of a theory... It does however produce a probability, and that in turn can be used to fund further research.

He digs deepest who deepest digs.
ROGER WODDIS

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Random musings of a pessimist...

If any and every outcome must occur eventually in brane collisions, allowing for the 100% chance of our current universe, wouldn’t it eventually occur where every brane collision results in a null creation, aka brane death?

Now just because our brane and the last brane we collided with resulted in null creation, there must be more branes to the left and right, respectively, of our two branes. Seems logical there would be more than just two branes. Anyways our dead brane collides with a brane to the left and the previous brane (the other null brane) collides with one to the right. So a cascade of eventual null creations resulting in the utter destruction (aka null creation) of every brane in existence occurs? Since such an occurrence hasn’t happened, doesn’t that invalidate the multiverse tenant that every thing that can occur must occur?

Another idea that came to me was the Brain brane. Where after a brane collision a universe with different basic properties formed. Life as we understand it would not be possible (atoms unable to form etc). However the properties of that universe allowed for consciousness to form, absent a physical form. The universal consciousness, where the entire brane is structured into a thinking sentient being.

That was my basic brane thoughts that were worth sharing. However the was another implication of lqg that was also interesting to speculate about. If we are all living in a quantum computer, our entire existence could be recorded to a storage medium. Aka the book of life. Now whichever god one chooses to believe in, your individual post current reality could be structured to your beliefs, or if the universal computer found your existence objectionable, you could be deleted (atheist?), or permanently stored (deist?), or even punished (hellfire, brimstone and all that jazz).

Now I don’t actually believe this would occur, most likely if we did indeed live in a quantum reality, the universe’s user would probably care no more for us than we care for the individual Pac-Man characters we send running from ghosts to consume as much as possible before it dies for our entertainment and we try again.

Lol would out of control religious speculation result in a spiritual bubble? The great spiritual crash of 2016…

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I see myself as a philosipher as I'm certainly no mathematition, my view is that we have been placed in a tight knit dimention which can also be named a matrix if you prefer. This bubble is not designed to be penitrated at all. the only way you will escape it is through death. By way of which your soul will move into another dimention and it is only then that we can choose to come in here again. Just as the daddy long leg spider one of the most veneomous in the world cannot bite us because their pincers are too small to penetrate our skin structure, this also apply's to the laws of dimentions because they were designed to keep us in and all past races that have messed with it have been sent back to the begining. We are here on earth for a reason, to learn and experience joy, laughter and love, and to also forefill our own designed destiny, ( continuing something we gave up on or failed in the last life here) It is only through our spiritual form that we can go beyond this dimentional boundary. So good luck to all those scientists trying to bend time and work out its structure and braiding because there is no time structure that we can relate to in other dimentions.
regards
orion_452

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This reminds me of this "pelastration theory" or big tube theory

www.mu6.com...

Is this similar, the same, or not so much?

[edit on 28-2-2007 by tha stillz]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Hi There,

I always gain a 'smile' whenever I see 'time' included within mathematics, as t=nth...time is not a reality,

How is time not 'real' in your opinion? Could we perceive anything without the 'flow' of time? Could anything 'happen'?

it is not a dimension,

It may very well be the ONLY dimension worth discussing in the long run.

it holds no existentialism of its own. Einstien's adaption of space and time into 'space-time' describes two things, space and its extension, and motion occurring within such space. I'll keep this brief and simple.

Without time nothing could really even exist as our mind could not perceive something that does not 'persist' ( which it really doesn't) in time.

We can consider 'motion' as a 'event', something that happens in space, it has a start and a stop.

Time is the only thing that is persistent and what we observe never could persist without the time dimension.

[quoteThe lengths in between the starts and stops of events are what we perceive as 'time'; ergo, time is simply the perception of an event, an 'action of a certain length that takes place in space.

Actually time allows perception itself as nothing in this universe is exactly the same from one second to the next. Perception imposes boundaries ( quantum physics) on what we can perceive and thus our observation is never of the thing itself.

To assume time as being a dimension in its own right, as if having existentialism outside and beyond events occurring is quite simply an error. You cannot have time without motion, but you can (theoretically) have space without motion.

Actually there is only time in my opinion and to assume that space ( observables) could persist without is what should be pointed out as the error .

Consider, if we have space with nothing in it, no event taking place (and by event, I mean anything from an electron jump, to the spin of a galaxy), how are you able to time space, you cannot do it!

You could not have any action without time allowing for persistence of any given object/phenomenon.

You need an event of some form to occur to give you a (perceiving) basis of a start and a stop. Time is not allied to space but to motion (in other words, the 'action' of an event).

Time is what makes space observable as far as i can tell....

Stellar

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I didn't read the whole thread, but this is what I think time is:

Time is not physical in itself. Time is only man's arbitrary measurement of movement/change in matter. For example, we use time to measure Earth's revolution around the sun, 1 revolution = 1 year. Time "exists" as a result of matter's constant change, down to an electron's orbital movement around an atom. Therefore, time is not physical, it is only a means to measure the constant change of the universe. Time is also used for keeping track of the sequence of events, first this happens, then that happens etc.

There is no such thing as "space". While we might think that the vacuum of space has an absence of matter, this is not the case. Space itself is filled with dark matter/ether. In Earth's atmosphere, space is filled with atoms of the components of air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen etc.

Rx

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rx4556
. Space itself is filled with dark matter/ether. In Earth's atmosphere, space is filled with atoms of the components of air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen etc.

Rx

Well, no, dark matter is not postulated to exist homogenously in space. It clumps. And there is no ether.

In any case, what is in the gaps between the atoms of air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen etc.? Or the gaps inside these atoms? If there were no 'empty' space anywhere, everything would be infinitely dense.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944

. Space itself is filled with dark matter/ether. In Earth's atmosphere, space is filled with atoms of the components of air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen etc.

Rx

Well, no, dark matter is not postulated to exist homogenously in space. It clumps. And there is no ether.

In any case, what is in the gaps between the atoms of air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen etc.? Or the gaps inside these atoms? If there were no 'empty' space anywhere, everything would be infinitely dense.

Thanks for the input! Now I know better.

Hmm, I didn't mean to say that it is all filled with atoms with no spaces because there is "space" in the atoms themselves. What this space is composed of I don't know, maybe quantum fizz??

What do you think of my theory of time? Does that mean there is no such thing as the 4th dimension?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Well, no, dark matter is not postulated to exist homogenously in space. It clumps.

Correct according to current data and simulation.

And there is no ether.

Loop Quantum Gravity advocates the existence or experiences of an Ether.

The soup of braids that are given existence due to the quantum fluctuations that occur at the planck scale could be considered to be the Ether.

In any case, what is in the gaps between the atoms of air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen etc.? Or the gaps inside these atoms?

Let me ask you a question.

What do you think keeps the atoms of the air bound together?

let's take it a step further...

What do you think it is that keeps the electrons bound to the nuclei?

Or even further…

what is it that manages to keep the quarks held together so strongly??

The answer is a force.

In Loop Quantum Gravity forces are described as type of Braid Configuration, Braid Vibration, and Braid Density.

The configuration of various types of braids would create a kind of locking mechanic... something like Velcro...

The Braid Vibration creates the electro magnetic forces.

Braid Density creates Mass and space-time deformations "Gravity".

If there were no 'empty' space anywhere, everything would be infinitely dense.

You have just stumbled on an excellent point.

The ultimate conclusion of Loop Quantum Gravity is that we and everything are ONE.

There is no space or gaps, just consciousness.

I know it's hard to grasp, the mind is not very good at looking at something outside of its experience.

But with deduction, there can only ever be truisms.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Hi everyone, I didn't read the whole thread, but this is what I think time is:

Time is not physical in itself. Time is only man's arbitrary measurement of movement/change in matter.

Explain, if you will, how the universe could evolve, or devolve, without time?

For example, we use time to measure Earth's revolution around the sun, 1 revolution = 1 year. Time "exists" as a result of matter's constant change, down to an electron's orbital movement around an atom.

So now your saying that time is not arbitrary? Our measurement methods might be in some ways but what we measure is most certainly NOT arbitrary...

Therefore, time is not physical,

It's not observable but does that mean it's not there? Is gravity ( the force itself ; not it's actions or results) visible?

it is only a means to measure the constant change of the universe. Time is also used for keeping track of the sequence of events, first this happens, then that happens etc.

It would happen without observers unless you believe that that the tree that fell in the forest does not exist because you did not hear it fall.

There is no such thing as "space".

Oh come on? It's observable so how can it not be there?

While we might think that the vacuum of space has an absence of matter, this is not the case. Space itself is filled with dark matter/ether.

Who thinks that space is empty? Why are their taking part in this discussion?

In Earth's atmosphere, space is filled with atoms of the components of air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen etc.

Rx

Your point being?

I am quite confused by your post so maybe it's time for you to clarify using a few pages...

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join