It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hezbollah Leader Claims 'Strategic, Historic Victory' Against Israel

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just read this it is awfull there was no victory...



And Who Won

Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah declared Monday that his guerrillas achieved a "strategic, historic victory" against Israel.


This kind of stuuf makes me sick i thought it was a cease fire??? Am i wrong??

Mod Edit: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]




posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The more i think about this the sicker i get. in war there is no winner or looser if innocent people are being killed everyone has instantly lost. Propaganda in our society is totaly out of controll if you cant speak the truth you just need to keep it shut.


In the words of the Great Frankie "War What is it good for absolutely nothing" also i think bruce said it to but Frankie is more talented.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If its so wrong then why has Israel claimed victory?

Israel must be broken that they don't even have food to supply their soldiers with.
I'm tending to believe Hizbollah has won. Israel seems to be in bad shape.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Is this is victory... I would certainly not like to see defeat.



Hezbollah instead of being labeled a terrorist entity should be relabeled as the lunatic cult that it is...

Some supporters of Hezbollah somehow want to equate these guys with 'freedom fighters' or as 'guerillas'. They're just idiots who have achieved nothing except for yet another round of destruction of what was once the most beautiful landscape in that portion of the world.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
If its so wrong then why has Israel claimed victory?

Israel must be broken that they don't even have food to supply their soldiers with.
I'm tending to believe Hizbollah has won. Israel seems to be in bad shape.









Israel claimed victory i didnt see that.. Hmmmmmm this whole thing is crazy NO ONE HAS ONE........



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Is this is victory... I would certainly not like to see defeat.



Hezbollah instead of being labeled a terrorist entity should be relabeled as the lunatic cult that it is...

Some supporters of Hezbollah somehow want to equate these guys with 'freedom fighters' or as 'guerillas'. They're just idiots who have achieved nothing except for yet another round of destruction of what was once the most beautiful landscape in that portion of the world.


Obviously since you are Israeli you are obviously upset, since 68% of Israel claimed they wanted Hizbollah removed even if it involved killing civilians. Your idea of Victory would have been another 18,000 civilians dead just to kill 10,000 Hizbollah

Who is the lunatic cult ...obviously the nation that felt it had to "defend" on something they did on a constant basis themselves. Even these people you consider terrorists halted fighting 2 hours prior to the cease-fire while your morally bankrupt IAF attacked over 130+ targets taking out only 11 Launchers and the rest being civilian buildings and civilian casualties. What a pitiful nation that is.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
>Obviously since you are Israeli you are obviously upset...

Looks like your crystal ball has failed you... again!



Like we need any more verification, you just basically make stuff up...

(golem just shakes his head)

Won't cover up the needless death and mayhem Hezbollah has visited on the ME for no gain whatsoever.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
They're just idiots who have achieved nothing except for yet another round of destruction of what was once the most beautiful landscape in that portion of the world.


I agree, the Israeli government is fully responsible for the destruction of Lebanon.
Besides, Israel lost the war and it showed the world that its army and intelligence agency are complete jokes.

Statements made by the Israeli government:

We'll keep fighting till peacekeepers arrive: Olmert
Olmert says fighting in Lebanon will stop when soldiers are freed
Olmert Says Fighting to End When Hezbollah Disarms

Olmert does say a lot, but doesn't accomplish much huh?




Originally posted by ThePieMaN
since 68% of Israel claimed they wanted Hizbollah removed even if it involved killing civilians.


Even more, according to CNN in the early days 90-95% percent of the Israeli citizens supported Olmerts radical ideas to sweep Hezbollah off the map.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Mdv2]



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Even more, according to CNN in the early days 90-95% percent of the Israeli citizens supported Olmerts radical ideas to sweep Hezbollah off the map.

That's because they need to be. Look what they did.
Just because they weren't too intelligent to think, they caused hundreds of innocent civilians to be killed.
ALL of this was Hezbollah's fault. From start to finish. THEY are solely responsible for every single death that has occured.

The UN wants to see them gone too. I'm not sure how you could possibly see anything wrong with that.


Israel didn't lose, but they weren't allowed to finish. The Israeli government didn't even approve a true offensive until just before they agreed to the cease fire. All that has happened up to this point would have been nothing compared to what was likely to follow in the next couple weeks.

pie:

Obviously since you are Israeli

Why are you still doing that?
Do you think calling people who don't support Hezbollah a Jew or Israeli funny? Or are you really not that intelligent (this sounds meaner than it is. I honestly want to know what his motive is for doing that)?



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Just because they weren't too intelligent to think, they caused hundreds of innocent civilians to be killed. ALL of this was Hezbollah's fault. From start to finish. THEY are solely responsible for every single death that has occured.


So basically you say Israel is controlled by Hezbollah, which makes Hezbollah responsible for Israels air strikes? Strange theory.


Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
The UN wants to see them gone too.

Israel? Of course the UN wants to see them gone as the UN observers aren't safe out there. Israel, which is supposed to be an ally of the Western worlds stabs the UN in their backs.


Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Israel didn't lose, but they weren't allowed to finish. The Israeli government didn't even approve a true offensive until just before they agreed to the cease fire.


Well, is executing an guerilla war for years now in Iraq, are they on the winning side? Every day new body backs return to the US, everyday Iraq becomes bloodier.



Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
All that has happened up to this point would have been nothing compared to what was likely to follow in the next couple weeks.


Agree with you on that. Unfortunately unnecessarily more people on both sides will have to die for the good ''cause''.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's no surprise that both sides are now claiming victory.

That's pretty typical for the region, especially when the conclusion of a conflict is not obviously decisive.

IMHO Hezbollah has won something of a political victory, Israel something of a military one. Hezbollah can claim to have pushed Israel out of Lebanon, and Israel can claim to have pushed Hezbollah from their positions on it's border.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
So basically you say Israel is controlled by Hezbollah, which makes Hezbollah responsible for Israels air strikes? Strange theory.

All of this would have never have happened if Hezbollah didn't attack Israel. Their selfish? unwise actions was the only reason all of this started.


Israel? Of course the UN wants to see them gone as the UN observers aren't safe out there. Israel, which is supposed to be an ally of the Western worlds stabs the UN in their backs.

No Hezbollah.

Stab the UN in the back?

Quite the opposite. Israel is attacked, they're surrounding by people who want them wiped out, and what does the UN do?


Well, is executing an guerilla war for years now in Iraq, are they on the winning side? Every day new body backs return to the US, everyday Iraq becomes bloodier.

??
I think you may have accidently cut off part of your sentence...

If you're asking is the US on the winning side in Iraq, then the answer would be yes. We won a long time ago, our military objective in Iraq that is, with minimal casualties. As far as fighting the insurgents, there is no "winning" or "losing", just neverending fighting. Well, we could "win" if we wanted. But the death toll of civilians would be too great.



Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Agree with you on that. Unfortunately unnecessarily more people on both sides will have to die for the good ''cause''.

Getting rid of Hezbollah IS a good cause. That would ensure this never happens again.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Stab the UN in the back?

Quite the opposite. Israel is attacked, they're surrounding by people who want them wiped out, and what does the UN do?



That really is getting to be such a lame sorry azz excuse for whenever Israel feels like kiling people it really is. Its sad and it no longer works, so the discontinuation of its use would be appropriate. It sounds like The Son of Sam saying the devil told him to do it.


They wish to push us into the sea and people who want to wipe us out...2 of the worst excuses ever invented by zionists to cover for their attacks. Thats all they are is excuses.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The casualties are Hez fault. Who hid behind the civilians instead of fighting Israel eye to eye? Wo forced the civlians to store rockets and weapons in their homes? The US is facing the same thing in Iraq.

Now I admit, given Israel's power vs Hez power, its smart for Hez to do such actions. But none the less, it shows how much they care for the people they say they are trying to defend.


Mdv2, I gotta ask. Whos that in your avatar? She's extemely beautiful.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SenHeathen
The casualties are Hez fault. Who hid behind the civilians instead of fighting Israel eye to eye? Wo forced the civlians to store rockets and weapons in their homes? The US is facing the same thing in Iraq.

Now I admit, given Israel's power vs Hez power, its smart for Hez to do such actions. But none the less, it shows how much they care for the people they say they are trying to defend.


Mdv2, I gotta ask. Whos that in your avatar? She's extemely beautiful.

So you consider dropping bombs from an airplane as eye-to-eye combat? Is a tank firing on people considered hand-to-hand then? From ship to shore is what then? hand-to-eye?


First of all you are going by Israeli reports of these weapons being stored in peoples houses, they have not offered or shown any proof of this and this is not a first time for this. Israel has fallen into a pattern of making statements and never offering proof because people have trusted them, and the time is no longer that they can be trusted any longer. This battle is proof positive of their methods and means. Dishonesty is rampant within their government in order to protect their lifestyle and to continue their agressive methods of land grabbing. If they were to be honest they would never geta penny from the USA. That in itself is more then enough motive to always appear as pleasing to the US public eye as possible.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
ThatsJustWeird:

If you're asking is the US on the winning side in Iraq, then the answer would be yes.


Tell me, what side are Iraqis on? Are they winning? You know, at least 1500 of whom died last month alone in violence? Are they on the winning side too?

Wasn't it the USA's mission to bring freedom and democracy to Iraq? No democracy yet, and they don't even have the freedom to think that they can safely go to the supermarket without getting killed or kidnapped or injured.


As far as fighting the insurgents, there is no "winning" or "losing", just neverending fighting. Well, we could "win" if we wanted. But the death toll of civilians would be too great.


As oppose to now? What is "too great a death toll"? In American soldier lives vs Iraqi ones.

---

As for Hezbollah, they sure didn't lose. They fired more and more rockets into Israel as the conflict went on, despite heavy bombardment by the Israeli air force.

And they still have the soldiers, who will be EXCHANGED in a prisoner swap with Israel, which was exactly why they took them prisoner in the first place, apparently.

Plus, because of the perception by a lot in the Arab world that Israel targetted civilians (or at least indiscriminately bombed them), Hezbollah's recruitment is probably through the roof. More children died to Israeli bombs than did Hezbollah soldiers, apparently, and that'll probably make it's way onto a flyer in Jordan somewhere.

Israel probably lost this round, but the families of those 1000 dead Lebanese and the 43 Israelis are the real losers in this conflict.

No cease fire is going to include what they want back.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
And I’m supposed to believe Hez over Israel. If Israel wanted to lie about something they should of lied about their helicopter being shoot down. It wouldn’t have given a boost to Hez and morale hit to Israel if they had LIED and said it was a mechanical failure but instead they told the truth even though it worked AGAINST them and for HEZ and its supporters. You don’t like Israel and I get that, that’s your view. But don’t let your hatred for them blind you from the truth and automatically dismiss the truth just because it comes from those you hate.


“If they were to be honest they would never geta penny from the USA.”

So you’re saying he US is corrupt, lies and wants its allys to lie to help it out? You are one the most radical on this site, WOW!!!



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
And by eye to eye I mean not hiding behind civilians but then again you knew that.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Tell me, what side are Iraqis on? Are they winning? You know, at least 1500 of whom died last month alone in violence? Are they on the winning side too?

Why did you break up my quote? Doing so messes up the whole point.

I was talking about the war phase.

During this current phase there are no winners as I already stated.




As oppose to now? What is "too great a death toll"? In American soldier lives vs Iraqi ones.

Did you read what I said?
You're trying to make an argument where there is none.

I said if we were to really try and "win" by taking out all the insurgents, such an operation would too costly in terms of Civilian deaths.

The death toll now would be nothing compared to such an operations.


Please read my posts before trying to argue against it.....


Pieman:
Your reading comprehension problem continues...

That really is getting to be such a lame sorry azz excuse for whenever Israel feels like kiling people it really is. Its sad and it no longer works, so the discontinuation of its use would be appropriate. It sounds like The Son of Sam saying the devil told him to do it.

What are you talking about?
I never talking about Israel attacking anyone. I asked what has the UN done.
Who's making excuses??



It seems people on this board are so quick to try and argue that they're not carefully reading what's being posted.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

What are you talking about?
I never talking about Israel attacking anyone. I asked what has the UN done.
Who's making excuses??



It seems people on this board are so quick to try and argue that they're not carefully reading what's being posted.


I was talking about the "Israel is surrounded by people that want to wipe them out." garbage.

Pie



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join