It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brings you here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I know that perhaps there may be a thread somewhat similar to this in BTS somewhere, sometime in its existence.. but I know there are many members here on ATS that do not read the BTS forums regularly if at all.

So for all you hardcore ATS members old and new, I ask you this.
What originally brought you to ATS?

For me it was google.. as I am sure it may have been for many but what was I researching? At the time I happened upon ATS I had been looking for information about 2012 and the mayan calendar.

So what topic or twist of fate brought you here? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
There's about 1000 threads the same.

It's going to be Google for mostly everybody.

For me though, a witch gave me white chocolate mushrooms that I exchanged for magic beans that I grew in a window box that I just had to climb. When I got to to the top I was on ATS.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I came here quite a while back researching all sorts of strange & unique phenomena in my teenage years.Recently I was looking into the whole Zeta Reticuli fascination a lot of
ufologists have,and found a google link here.I finally decided after a day or two of the usual lurking that it was time to sighn up and make my own voice heard.

So here I am.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
There's about 1000 threads the same.

It's going to be Google for mostly everybody.

For me though, a witch gave me white chocolate mushrooms that I exchanged for magic beans that I grew in a window box that I just had to climb. When I got to to the top I was on ATS.
As I said in my original post.. its not the device.. but the topic that I am looking for.

what were you googling that brought you here? get it?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Bible Codes! I was doing some research when i happened across the ats content tags site some how, read everything the good members of this site had to say about the bible codes - a lot of talk but no real proper discussions talking about the facts. (that i could find anyway)

Im still very new but trying to learn quickly as i feel i could have some good experience to offer.

I've been a very skeptical person my whole life, and have always thought there's alot more going on around me than i am aware, and it has always nibbled at me bit by bit that i cant find out whats going on.

So as you can imagine it almost a relief to of found so many like minded people all at once who can offer me so much wanted knowledge.

Ive heard something about mentoring i intend to stick around and wouldnt mind if someone could show me the ropes if you will.

Argos

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The world-wide seismic thread of 2003. I was given that thread and it was already so big, growing so fast, that it took more than a month to read through it all. Since I only had a direct link to that thread, I didn't even have any idea that there was an "ATS". When I finally got caught up on the thread, I clicked through to the board, found out what I was missing, and I signed up.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

"what were you googling that brought you here? get it?"]what were you googling that brought you here? get it?

I was just trying to find out what to do with my beans.

Don't hit me, I'm only kidding.

In all honesty it was google. I joined this site a day after I got the net. I've always been interested in the subject matter, it was just a logical procession.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by kegs]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

what were you googling that brought you here?

In all honesty it was google. I joined this site a day after I got the net. I've always been interested in the subject matter, it was just a logical procession.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by kegs]
I'm going to keep poking you with a sharp pointy stick until you tell just what keywords those where that brought up ats in your search results.

Don't test me.. my stick is very sharp and very pointy.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I found via an aol search on ufo sightings in my area. At one time there had been an article on Egypt air flight that crashed in the Atlantic. I dont think its on the site any longer.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I honestly have no idea; it was more than three years ago. I Think it was "political conspiracy", though I really have no idea.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I found via an aol search on ufo sightings in my area. At one time there had been an article on Egypt air flight that crashed in the Atlantic. I dont think its on the site any longer.

If you do a google search, you will see there is quite a conspiracy still surrounding flight 990...

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
for more information on how your fellow ATSers found ATS, please see my 'ATSer Interviews'...

(just take a look at question one on all of the interviews)...

[edit on 13-8-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
for more information on how your fellow ATSers found ATS, please see my 'ATSer Interviews'...

(just take a look at question one on all of the interviews)...

[edit on 13-8-2006 by they see ALL]
Yes but I want to know about EVERYONE, old and new.. not just a select few silly. Whats your answer?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Yes but I want to know about EVERYONE, old and new.. not just a select few silly. Whats your answer?

no problem, just trying to help...

sorry about not answering the questing...

my answer:

looking for information about area-51...

actually, i was looking for pictures of the facility and i came to a picture that was hosted by ATS...

i clicked on the link and found ATS 2.0 i think

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I was searching for information that a former Victorian Premier was involved with child abuse.

Masonic Government involved with Child Abuse and Pedophilia

I was amazed by the site and now visit several times a day.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
sorry , I don't recall.

truly ! it coulda been

a search or most likely

a link.

but the motivation was twofold

hoping to find some answers
in a more serious atmosphere !

more benevolence and less hostility

I've been at a cpl of "DODGE CITY" bb's
and , it ain't PURRTY .

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

I think google was responsible for a large number of the people that have found ats.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I used to be a member of Warphead, back before the forums of the site were removed.
I'd been a member of various forums, gaming, fan forums, martial arts, and except for the last one, I wasn't involved as much as I was on the Warphead forums.
So, after a really boring day, stated Googling urban legends and eventually wounded up here.

top topics

join