It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

paranormal peoples... all single?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
In-directly she is also my pupil

How's that work?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
She asks for guidance, new techniques, practice, various other (re)sources and I provide it. I taught her how to OBE, how to work with various types of energies and the likes. She asked me to "train" her and so I do.

You could say I'm like those old fashioned wizards. I never give direct answers, because no one learns from anything handed to them on a silver platter. Simply give some hints, leads, provoke thoughts and let her figure it out herself. When she is done she'll tell me and I say if it was correct or there is more to it and provide new insights. This makes teaching a life long process because not everyone picks things up just as easily.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I've got a cute girl that listens to all this stuff and finds it fascinating. I guess i'm lucky.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I'm not single. My current girlfriend and I have been together for 1 year and 3 months.

She isnt into the paranormal as much as I am though.

My beliefs, studies, and experiences dont usually effect my relationships. (Only once or twice)

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Are we all single, or does everybody just put single in their profile. (Or, maybe the word single is just on all of our posts for no reason?)

Being newly single myself (only just over a week) - the word really stands out to me now. lol

Im much more than single Im an only person.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You know - this kindof fits in here...

Do any of you have problems in relationships because you 'know too much'? You know how men have that "if she don't know it won't hurt her" thing... well, it's pretty hard to slip one by me. So, men have a hard time hiding things from me in a relationship - thus - men have to be good or they get caught. (You can see where this is leading... men are never good for the long haul.

So does anyone get angry SOs because you know about things they tried to hid from you?

And of those who get 'tipped off' like I do, do you always say something to the other person?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
"all men are no good for the long haul"

Please, enough with the blind remarks... for an awakened one 'tis unseemly.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
"all men are no good for the long haul"

Please, enough with the blind remarks... for an awakened one 'tis unseemly.

I'm sorry. It's not true that "all men are the same", and I was wrong to post that remark. But it IS true that men and women think differently - we are made and wired differently. Well, in my book, the way men are 'naturaly' wired is something that I can't live with. So for me, the statement that men are no good for the long haul is true.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I tell people only what they need to know. Some information isn't ment for them (yet). If they got a problem with that or think I act all high and mighty then I simply ignore it. Often people do say I'm a know-it-all, but then again...I AM. And I don't mind rubbing it in afterwards saying "I told you so"

Got better things to do then waste my time and energy on ignorant individuals. So usually I just ignore most.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks for understanding.

This thread is due in BTS anyway, so I'll ask, what's wrong with the wiring as you see it that you can't live with?

Just curious.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Thanks for understanding.

This thread is due in BTS anyway, so I'll ask, what's wrong with the wiring as you see it that you can't live with?

Just curious.

Well - I'm one of those "it's the thought that counts" kind of people. Which works out fine for the guy who don't want to take you any where or don't have money to buy anniversary gifts... because wanting to do something and having that thought is just as pleasing to me.

But when it comes to loyalty and faithfulness... Well... it's still the thought that counts. Now how many guys do you know are capable of truely being faithful and loyal to thier woman (only ONE woman) with their hearts, MINDS, EYES etc. I just haven't seen it yet.

The one man I love is the only one that is "my type", therefor no matter what 'mr perfect' across the room looks like, he doesn't interest me - he isn't my guy - he isn't my type. Not interested and don't want to look.

For a man... they see something... well, they look for somethings to see. lol

Every thing else I can get around - but this I refuse to budge on. I'd rather have fun dating and not worrying about it than be in love again and go through another many years of hurt over the unloyal and unfailthful man. (not that anyone has ever physicaly cheated on me - but as I said... It's the thought that counts.)

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ok, thanks Angela.

I understand and have felt the same way about women.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Really? What part about women is it that cause men problems?

(I thought it was maybe that other men look at us and our men didn't like it... but alot of men aren't really bothered by that - so I guess that's not a 'nature' thing.)

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
No, I don't really care about that.

You see.. I was saying that how you feel about men, I too have felt the same way about some women.. so I can emphasize with you. This happens on both sides of the fence.

I respect you for your view on this, in my opinion it's actually a positive quality. Also, I'm sorry for the hurt you've been through. Tis understandable.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am so suprised and so thankful for your understanding. I really thought I'd hear about how men aren't like that etc. (I am secretly hoping that someday someone will convince me I'm wrong and life will be happy and innocent again).

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hi Angela,
Good little tread. I will try to find links to prove my next statements.
Men, our dear companions are costumed to spread there genes.
It is the favor of survival to encounter as many mates as possible.
Women draw this trend in the other direction, they need protection of their young, so a preoccupied male is not as attractive.
This is Extremely simplified.

But the way I see it is, that if we find a truly faithful man it is by grace and this person has made a conscious choice.
I don't think man nor woman can ever completely deny feelings for others, (lust) but it is the manner in which one controls and conquers his urges that counts.
Perhaps I'm wrong.

I do think though that spiritually we are moving beyond the biological frame work it just takes time to adjust. And perhaps some women become masculine in their behaviour, so it all gets mixed up until we successfully have merged into our "new beings".
Who knows? I don't.
WIS

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I completely agree with what you said above

I guess I have the ability to be completely loyal and feel shafted when I can't find another person (man) that can do the same. It just seems aweful unfair.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
[But when it comes to loyalty and faithfulness... Well... it's still the thought that counts. Now how many guys do you know are capable of truely being faithful and loyal to thier woman (only ONE woman) with their hearts, MINDS, EYES etc. I just haven't seen it yet.

I can turn this around just as easily. All women I've met cheated on their men several time. Not just once or twice, but more frequently. I had the same issue with my previous GF and left. My current gf had the same tendencies in the start and had to learn that there are actually loyal men out there.

You get what you focus on. If you assume that people cheat then you will meet those that do. Rest is just generalising bullcrap. Women are just, if not more, disloyal then men. It is just a myth that woman are more loyal and sensitive.

Then again. Relationships in general are just totally misunderstood to begin with. Many people have this romantic idea that there is one soulmate especially for you. Which is not so at all. We're all one and we're able to love everyone to the same extent. When you dislike someone it is actually disliking an aspect in them that (unconciously) reminds you of your own personality trait you dislike and that is why you can't stand personality traits of others. Fix your own psychological barriere and you can see beyond those little aspect. It would surely fix a lot of issues between people in general as well.

WalkInSilence. What you say was correct in previous decennia, but not in this time frame. Only the minority is still like that. The strong home provider that spreads his genes and the woman taking care of the household being all protected. That is sooooo 1960
Luckily people evolve...

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I wondered about that as I am married and just had my 7th wedding anniversary on the 14th of this month.

I am not sure what single means on the top of our postings.

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I am the paranormal in my family. However, if you click on single, you will see that it means a single excerpt of the thread. I just clicked on it. It has nothing to do with relationships.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join