It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You U.K. !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A big thank you to our friends in the United Kingdom for a job well done !

Today your actions saved countess lives and I just wanted to say thanks from flyover country.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
While I was not involved in the operation I will accept your thanks on behalf of our great nation .

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think we also have to thank the Pakistani Intelligence as they where also involved in foiling this plot

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Us Brits try to help out where we can.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Great job to all countries involved. Glad y'all didnt have your version of 9/11.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
And a big thanks to the Pakistani people for their work in stopping what would have been a bad day for the world!

If this terrorist plot was pulled off it would have affected people from all over the world not just citizens from the U.K. and U.S.

Sorry I missed you on the first go around.

But Thanks from the Heartland of the U.S.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SenHeathen
Great job to all countries involved. Glad y'all didnt have your version of 9/11.

wasn't that 7/7?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
thats something great thats happend today

bravo to the people that foiled this

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
UK well done.

Pakistani Intelligence, not well done. They actually caused this to happen. British born muslims who go to pakistan to renew their "faith". I wonder what that land Pakistan is like that drives people all Islamistani !
So screw you Pakistani intelligence, good job MI5!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Here. Here, Tanks to the UK authorities for preventing another 9/11.

I only hope we have to but can return the favor if necessary

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thank You U.K. !

A big thank you to our friends in the United Kingdom for a job well done !

Today your actions saved countess lives and I just wanted to say thanks from flyover country.

You are so very welcome. I am just glad the police and the security forces actually done something right for once. (with all the bad publicity they have been getting from the press) here in the UK. Also should be said hats off to the thousands of Passengers for not letting this change our way of life or let it scare us. Us British are good at that not letting anything scare us

We have been attacked before by terroists it never changed us, I really do not think it will bother us now

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm sure you might feel differently if a few airplanes crashed into Big Ben and Parliament.

Any who, good job.

CX

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I heard the CIA and FBI were involved too, so i guess we can all have a pat on the back!

CX.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm sure you might feel differently if a few airplanes crashed into Big Ben and Parliament.

Any who, good job.

Hold your horses there, We had trains bombed, buses bombed. 7/7!!

The UK has been attacked for years Aiports bombed, etc (IRA!!!!) has it changed our way of life no it has not.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I heard the CIA and FBI were involved too, so i guess we can all have a pat on the back!

CX.

I heard on CBS (KMOX in St. Louis) radio a report Thursday that Tony Blair asked GWB on Sunday to keep this operation secret.

And not to inform anyone in the CIA untill Wednesday.

In fear that someone in the CIA would leak this story to the New York Times for a book deal or to get back at the administration and then tip off the bad guys.

Once again thanks to everyone who stopped this attack !

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind thoughts but just to break up this lovefest for a moment:

Why do all Americans assume it's all about the US?

This would have been an attack on planes leaving UK airports and would have had a significant number of Brits among the dead. The airlines mentioned were 3 x US and British Airways. as reported here the plan was to blow them up mid-atlantic so it's not an attack on the US mainland -that aspect has been imagined / talked up by the US media / Govt agencies

This would have been an attack on air travel and passenger confidence in general not just an attack on the US of A.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous

This would have been an attack on planes leaving UK airports and would have had a significant number of Brits among the dead. The airlines mentioned were 3 x US and British Airways. as reported here the plan was to blow them up mid-atlantic so it's not an attack on the US mainland -that aspect has been imagined / talked up by the US media / Govt agencies

This would have been an attack on air travel and passenger confidence in general not just an attack on the US of A.

I see a lot of our American friends expressing gratitude, nowhere do I see anyone saying thanks for protecting US and nuts to everyone else.

I would like our American friends to know that there are still plenty of Brits who like you

(P.S. Can anyone help me get a Green Card???)

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Englishman_in_Spain]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Fair point - that wasn't what I meant but it does read that way:

The US media and govt have taken great pains to make out this was an attack on the US mainland and the UK foiled 'another 9/11' whereas it was yet another attempt on the airline travel industry and we'd have stopped it wherever the planes were bound.

Better?

PS Spain vs the US - I know where I'd rather be!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain

I see a lot of our American friends expressing gratitude, nowhere do I see anyone saying thanks for protecting US and nuts to everyone else.

I would like our American friends to know that there are still plenty of Brits who like you

(P.S. Can anyone help me get a Green Card???)

I havent gotten that idea form the news or on here either. It was an attack on both countries using both countries planes. I've never heard it was an attack on the US and the Brits stopped it.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

PS Spain vs the US - I know where I'd rather be!

Me too, but I can't get a Green Card!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join