It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets thank France

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Considering that the U.S. owes it's independence to mighty France, I can't help but think that the usual anti-French rubbish is sad and uncalled for.

France is entitled to pursue her own foreign policy, and if that flies in the face of other western schemes perhaps that's for the best.

Vive La France!

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
Considering that the U.S. owes it's independence to mighty France, I can't help but think that the usual anti-French rubbish is sad and uncalled for.

France is entitled to pursue her own foreign policy, and if that flies in the face of other western schemes perhaps that's for the best.

Vive La France!

Considering we repaid that debt by down tens of thousands of American lives to liberate their country from the grips of Nazi Germany, I think that is a moot point.

Though, I will say that I myself am tired of cheap French jokes. Namely because I have an avid interest in all things World War II and from what I gather France really had no choice-- they were beaten, no ifs ands or but about it.

I'll also say though that France doesn't have any credibility in my book.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
We saved Frances ass twice in the world war and yet they still hate us. They hate America with a passion.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And the French backed the US in the American Revolution.

I'd call you guys even. Now shake hands and play nice.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
ok, Thanks France, now YOU send YOUR troops to try and contro the hezboolla terrorits.

The whole world saw how well you control your own MUSLIUM terroists with there murdering/raping and burning of cities.

Thanks France, YOU have the BIG MOUTH, you get to deal with these murderies-good luck

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
France does not belong in Lebanon. The USA, Britain, Russia, China, or any country other than Lebanon does not belong there. A UN or international military presence can be there with the Lebanese Army until the Lebanese are capable of taking care of their own country. They are obviously incapable of doing this. Hezbollah had such a stranglehold on the government and the fearful people that the Army had no shot. Much of the Lebanese Army is infested with Hezbollah radicals. No country can have its military there. We want to be careful not to leave any room for finger pointing and political agendas that will only hamper the people of Lebanon.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Just received this picture today of snipers training in the French "army".

photo

Snipers must often sit for hours waiting for the right moment to shoot.

There just has to be a better way to do this ...

[edit on 8/11/2006 by centurion1211]

Sorry Centurion, I don't want to stop your rabid French bashing, but those chaps look like Brits to me.....

EDIT: In fact, I am 99% certain they are British soldiers. The fatigues do not look French, but british for starters....

EDIT AGAIN: I am 100% certain now. The beret's are worn correctly, as in the British Army, not in the nancy way the French wear them..

en.wikipedia.org...:French_18th_signal_regiment.jpg

[edit on 15/8/06 by stumason]

[edit on 15/8/06 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
And the US bailed France out of Vietnam.

3 times the US has saved France's butt, France refuses to learn from it's past mistakes.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am no fan of the french...but they have the right to pursue their own foriegn policy. I think its wrongheaded, and rather shortsighted, but their concern is, and rightly so, the safety and well-being of their citizens, not the safety and well-being of people who live within another country.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I am no fan of the french...but they have the right to pursue their own foriegn policy. I think its wrongheaded, and rather shortsighted, but their concern is, and rightly so, the safety and well-being of their citizens, not the safety and well-being of people who live within another country.

I agree with you, really!

I think France should send in their own troops as per their foreign policy, and control the situation.
They can say they stand behind what they say-good for them.
And best of all, if they do a really good job-they can laugh and say how they fixed what no one else would or could.

Go Get UM Tiger-GRRRR!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join