It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW DO I QUOTE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i am just wndering how i would go about quoting someone? i have tried and it doesnt do what it is supposed to.

im out
-mintrip02

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Either by using [ quote ] text here [ quote ] (w/o the spaces) or by clicking the "Quote" button that is right above every post (under the Edit button).

[edit on 8/9/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
How to Quote

A good reference tool for just about anything you ever wanted to know how to do can be found in the ATS Hand Book

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Definitely check out the handbook link that shots has provided, as there is more than one way to quote text depending on the source.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Also, if you're just commenting, etc, on a small amount of somebody's post, remember to shorten the quotes.

For example, if somebody wrote the following:

"I have a badger who lives in a hole, which has a very nice television inside"

and you wanted to comment on the television part, you would put:

[quote ] which has a very nice television inside[/quote ] (without spaces between the brackets)

Hope this helped and lol @ my stupid example.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
thanks guys. i will see if i can do it right this time. if i still have trouble (even though it sounds pretty simple) i will post it and see if there is another way. thanks again

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There is actually 2 ways of quoting.

1 is like this your typical quote.

thanks guys. i will see if i can do it right this time. if i still have trouble (even though it sounds pretty simple) i will post it and see if there is another way. thanks again

Then if you are quoting from an external source you have to add ex to it and it shows up like this.

www.usnews.com...
The production cost per barrel, $10 to $20, makes it competitive with conventional oil in the United States.

You add the link to your source so people can look it up and read more.

I only added that cause I was in peak oil a few mins ago.. anyway this should help you out.

Ohh forgot if you are going to quote someone on the thread, there should be a button or whatever called quote. That should help you out.

just click quote on my post here and you can see how I used the quote and ex buttons.

[edit on 8/9/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just adding more to the above post, if you are quoting an external source (such as a news website) then use the [ex ] [/ex ] tags (without spaces).

top topics

join