It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever considered the reasons the gov., will not confirm UFO's are real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I am not going to argue the reality of whether the UFO's are real, I believe they are real. I've seen them and unless our gov. has been doing some big time leaps in technology and kept it hidden, there is truly something out there.

But if you really think about it, there are some really good reasons not to confirm that these UFO's are real. As long as the gov. does not confirm it, then it is just not reality to the majority of people, there is always that big question even if you have seen one.

Think about it, if the gov. came out tomorrow and said yes they are real, they are much more advanced in everything than we are. Imagine what that would do to most people. We would know they are capable of controlling and ruling us if they wanted, we would know that all of our defense technology is pitiful against them and that we have no real security.

Every drunk redneck in the country would be out there shooting anything that moves. Most people would live in total fear of what could happen to them. Then there is the religious aspect many people would question that after all God made everything so why did he make these new beings and forgot to tell us?

While I too would like it confirmed and have all the documentation they have hidden made public, maybe we really would not like the after effects of this being confirmed.

The Orson Wells radio incident in which he did a radio program and it was a spoof of a news program confirming the attack of UFO's, even though they told several times it was not a real news program, many people only tuned in doing the news broadcast part and missed it and there were suicides and shootings and just plain panic.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying they the gov. are keeping the secrets to help us, mostly they just want to have control.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If they do exist and if they are capable of controlling us and they are way more advanced than us, don't you think they would already have done that or showed it? Do you think they just wait till some government aknowlegde them?

I simple don't believe that just one goverment can hide that.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
They have to be more advanced than us in technology since we can't travel all over the planets and beyond, who knows where they are from? It is safe to assume IMO that if they have that kind of technolgy then they can control us due to our weapons are probably useless against them.

Not once did I say the beings who are contolling these UFO's are waiting on our gov. to confirm anything. Why they have not take over our planet is something to wonder about since surely if they are able to achieve the technology that most of us who believe in UFO's think they have, then they could have taken over if they wanted.

As far as hiding it the gov. has done a bangup job in many ways, they have denied their existance and made UFO's a big joke knowing that most people will deny their reality due to fearing being the the joke or looking crazy. Go to any psychiatrist and tell them you saw a UFO land on your property and their more than likely to assume you have problems and not just the problem of scorch marks left in your yard by the UFO.

If you are trying to debate the existance of UFO's that is not what this thread is about.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
You made some good points Goose.I truely believe that religion is a major issue when it comes to covering up the existence of extraterestial life.Just imagine if there were no religion in the world.I think the aliens know the "dangers" of themselves being reveiled to the public,thats why I think we may never know.Unless we by some chance learn how to live in peace,we are stuck here on this dying planet.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
WEll 1 major reason if and why governments are hiding ' them ' from us is pure greed. The same as money, they want it all to themselves. This bull# you hear saying that the planet wouldn't be ready for a full discolsure doesn't wash with me anymore tbh. That is a pack of lies. Fair enough 100 years ago but not in this day and age. I think anybody with a few brain cells in this era surely can see in a never ending universe we aren't the only intelligent race.

So the only reason they would be hiding the aliens is pure greed and control. If you are mates / friends whatever you wana call it with superior beings with highly intelligent minds that have mastered science as we know it and more, then you are in the ' driving seat '.

They don't want us knowing because of power and corruption. Simple as imo

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think that the reason why most people, Who havent done any research into them, See them as a threat is because of the film industry. You see alot of films on an ET Invasion (Which dont get me wrong, Excellent films and I do not disagree with them) But I only blame the people who take them seriously, Not the film makers. Those type of people dont see that it is just simply a bit of fun and they have to realise the possibility that not all ET's are hostile.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
WEll 1 major reason if and why governments are hiding ' them ' from us is pure greed. The same as money, they want it all to themselves. This bull# you hear saying that the planet wouldn't be ready for a full discolsure doesn't wash with me anymore tbh. That is a pack of lies. Fair enough 100 years ago but not in this day and age. I think anybody with a few brain cells in this era surely can see in a never ending universe we aren't the only intelligent race.

So the only reason they would be hiding the aliens is pure greed and control. If you are mates / friends whatever you wana call it with superior beings with highly intelligent minds that have mastered science as we know it and more, then you are in the ' driving seat '.

They don't want us knowing because of power and corruption. Simple as imo

Personally i think we are not ready for disclosure, not even close! Are you saying i´m telling you lies? What´s there to lie about and for what benfit? Sounds a lot more like an opinion than a lie to me.

What if the reality turned out to be that the only thing they can disclose is that the aliens are visiting us on a daily basis, they are far more advanced in every instance, if they get agressive we have absolutely no defense whatsoever, we are totally beeing handed our hat etc. I mean, what goverment would/could possibly release a disclosure based on facts stating that they are totally powerless, confused and in a state of fear? Not saying that´s how it is but IF those were facts i can most certainly understand why they would hesitate to go public. Other than the aspect of actually for once include the public which got themselves elected in the first place it would be totally pointless.

IMHO it seems to me that lust for power, greed and corruption not only goes for the goverment but in many ways also says something about the ways we have evolved the last 100 years. It´s not all black and white, i know. There´s a lot of good people in this world but there has also been an increasing trend of egoism, lack of empathy which i consider to be a step backwards because it should hold a far stronger position in today´s modern *sophisticated* society. I´m just not sure how much we really have evolved the last 100 years, except for putting man on the moon and making flush toilets which i consider far more important for our lives than going to the moon, he he, i finally got to say that!

Toc

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I am not going to argue the reality of whether the UFO's are real, I believe they are real. I've seen them and unless our gov. has been doing some big time leaps in technology and kept it hidden, there is truly something out there.

But if you really think about it, there are some really good reasons not to confirm that these UFO's are real. As long as the gov. does not confirm it, then it is just not reality to the majority of people, there is always that big question even if you have seen one.

Think about it, if the gov. came out tomorrow and said yes they are real, they are much more advanced in everything than we are. Imagine what that would do to most people. We would know they are capable of controlling and ruling us if they wanted, we would know that all of our defense technology is pitiful against them and that we have no real security.

Every drunk redneck in the country would be out there shooting anything that moves. Most people would live in total fear of what could happen to them. Then there is the religious aspect many people would question that after all God made everything so why did he make these new beings and forgot to tell us?

While I too would like it confirmed and have all the documentation they have hidden made public, maybe we really would not like the after effects of this being confirmed.

The Orson Wells radio incident in which he did a radio program and it was a spoof of a news program confirming the attack of UFO's, even though they told several times it was not a real news program, many people only tuned in doing the news broadcast part and missed it and there were suicides and shootings and just plain panic.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying they the gov. are keeping the secrets to help us, mostly they just want to have control.

They aren't around to mess with us, rule us or control us. This is purely human thinking, because of the way we evolved. Waring, destroying and killing to get more ressources and more room to expand is the Human way to do things. Don't project that to other more advanced civilisations.

Toc

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTFL
I think that the reason why most people, Who havent done any research into them, See them as a threat is because of the film industry. You see alot of films on an ET Invasion (Which dont get me wrong, Excellent films and I do not disagree with them) But I only blame the people who take them seriously, Not the film makers. Those type of people dont see that it is just simply a bit of fun and they have to realise the possibility that not all ET's are hostile.

You do understand that some films have had Black-project financing, to go along the disinformation trend right? I have myself blacklisted any Sci-fi movies that emphasis on abduction, earth invasion and all that crap.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toc

Originally posted by CTFL

You do understand that some films have had Black-project financing, to go along the disinformation trend right? I have myself blacklisted any Sci-fi movies that emphasis on abduction, earth invasion and all that crap.

Then you have missed some great films/progs

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I can only imagine that the true gravity of the UFO situation is pretty damn intense for it to be so closely guarded for so long. I want to know who is making the call on disclosure. If the prez doesn't have high enough clearance, who the heck does?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
I can only imagine that the true gravity of the UFO situation is pretty damn intense for it to be so closely guarded for so long. I want to know who is making the call on disclosure. If the prez doesn't have high enough clearance, who the heck does?

Considering the president is only in office for less than a decade, i'd have
thought he wouldnt be privvy to such information regarding a subject
that has been allegedly being kept under cover for nearly 60 years.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
Personally i think we are not ready for disclosure, not even close! Are you saying i´m telling you lies? What´s there to lie about and for what benfit? Sounds a lot more like an opinion than a lie to me.

Yes sorry it is my opinion, but I'm pretty sure with all the ufo reports over the years, all the general sightings and documented cases. As well with the evolved brains of science and what we know and understand today, saying we are being visited from aliens wouldn't worry or scare most of the general population. People are scared of heights and spiders etc so it's common for people to be scared about certain things. But in general if the gov came out and told us we have been in contact with aliens for a good number of years now, I for one would be like... " umm, yeah so...kinda already knew " and I'm gona stick my neck out and say so would most of the poluation.

But don't get me wrong, it would cause a bit of drama...but then drama is caused my earthquakes, tidle waves, and terrorist acts also around the world. So imo if they use the excuse of saying " we won't disclose because people will get scared " I will call that lies. As I said it would be an easy excuse and excape route of telling us the real truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose

It also would be very easy for government and media to put peoples minds at rest about their intentions by the very nature that humans are still here aren't we? Whether aliens are here or not, security issues don't make any difference at all. Do you think we have a better chance of defence if the entire population doesn't have a clue of their existence when it did happen? In fact, I would have thought that if security was the issue, there would be disclosure so we had some sort of battle plan and the population is ready for the invasion. People would be far better able to fight an invasion if they were ready for it. Defending a surprise attack and having forethought of it would be the worst strategy ever! I conclude that if they are here, it isn't to take over the world.

Every drunk redneck in the country would be out there shooting anything that moves. Most people would live in total fear of what could happen to them.

If you think this, surely you must conclude that we aren't ready for disclosure.

Then there is the religious aspect many people would question that after all God made everything so why did he make these new beings and forgot to tell us?

I don't think that he forgot to tell us comes into it? Most religions can be adapted to accomodate this new information. Many already have made that step and the Bible and it's teachings survive intact. Unfortunately.

This is more to the issue as far as I'm concerned. Either other posters on this thread are correct in going with the power and control theories or the truth really is either totally bizarre or frightening. I have tried to theorise and rationalize this on another thread but people aren't interested in the reasons they are here, the general feeling was that as we have not yet confrimed their existence, it's putting a cart before the horse to speculate why they are here. I just felt that if we had decent and proper discussion about why they are here, then we might perhaps get closer to disclosure or even understanding why it isn't happening.

I hate this analogy for disclosure as much as anything in this field. This was a radio broadcast in a completely different era, before even WWII. The exposure to such things are no comparison to today. In addition, it was a dramatization. It was SUPPOSED to be realistic and they were talking about an ATTACK happening NOW. This is about as far apart from disclosure today as you can get. No comparison at all!

Aren't you answering your own question here?

I don't know why they are witholding information but it might go hand in hand with why the aliens are here, hence why it interests me. I have no doubt that an incredible amount is being withheld. It is possible that they don't fully understand themselves and I think they may just have dug a hole for themselves that's so deep, they can't get out.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I agree with what people are saying. I would expand on two points:

1) "More advanced civilization". I would go so far to say that "more advanced" and "civilization" are also human words that I wouldn't assume apply to ET. They might. But they might not. Maybe they apply 60%, but there is another important facet we don't consider in our lives.

2) We wouldn't be afraid. Maybe you and I are not the problem. What would the Vatican say? What would Pat Robertson say? Osama bin Laden? See, maybe they wouldn't like what the aliens had to say. Maybe they would. Who knows, but they wouldn't be in control of it, that is for sure. If a bunch of highly advanced creatures came down and told our public that our governments are merely assymetrically moral force-bearing control structures, and are inherently "immoral", how do you think our govs would react to their presence?

Or what if there message was, "you are too stupid to manage your own affairs. We are your secret overlords." How would that play to the human spirit?

I mean, one could list many many antithetical concepts that might be ET, all of which could be a reason to keep our culture isolated from them.

But I get the feeling we don't even understand that much. I mean, if we have foo fighters to shoot them down, as I have been told by people, then I donno..... Donno anything, really.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The one single reason that would make me say all the goverments are right to keep the existence of visiting aliens secret and make UFO's not wanting to be known and likely force the goverments to keep it a secret, is the simple fact that we, as a race, are far from mature enough to live in a galactic or universal society.

Countries still fight countries.
Regions still fight regions.
Religions still fight religions.
Neighbours still fight neighbours.
Even family still fights family.

Most of this fighting is for missinterpreted fundamental reasons or silly little things people shouldn't fight over.

As long as we don't collectivly grow up and act civilized, the only thing mankind will do when introduced to high levels of technology, galactic or universal communities, is conquer other races for resources and power, fight wars over good and evil where they might as well be the evil and start wars that could well wipe us out over silly things, probably based on relgious beliefs.

Like its said in Stargate SG1, I do think mankind has a great potential, but I don't believe we are even close to that potential yet.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What we may also want to consider is that the reason they are still secret is because they have been under wraps for so long. If we fallow the Roswell time line that says we discovered an ET craft in 1947 then it makes sense to cover it up. With the cold war already heating up keep a find like that secret must have seemed only natural. Then after almost 50 years when the wall came down the goverment continued to keep up the cover up because it always had. I think it's more of a lake of what to do from the goverments stand point. The just don't know how/ don't want to reveal it.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I believe the following:

The government is not in cahoots with aliens, nor do they have/use any alien technology.

99.5 of what is seen and reported by the public is some form of natural phenomena.

The psyche of modern man is capable of amzing feats of belief and disbelief, and is responsible for clouding this issue, and making it dangerous as well.

I also believe the following:

There is a very small number of very disturbing events and incidents that the government is probably aware of, or holds some kind of physical evidence.

These events are largely unexplained, and cannot be attributed to natural phenomena or modern technology.

The government is very, very concerned that these events and phenomena, if misinterpreted by the general public, could cause mass-panic and irrevocably harm the world society at large, and therefore chooses not to disclose this information.

The government may have chosen to ignore, supress or discredit this information, because it cannot explain it, and therefore is in a position of being viewed as "not being in control".

Fear of the unknown is one of mankinds deepest weaknesses. It's what makes us strive to uncover all the mysteries of nature and the universe. This information, by its very nature, may cause us to re-examine everything we have spent the last 300 years trying to prove and codify. If sentient, alien life is the source of UFO some UFO sightings, then I would hope that they would choose to reveal themselves to us. However, that in of itself is an exceptionally silly thought, because it frames the aliens in a light similar to that of human rationing and thinking, which they would obviously not be anything like. Human beings to aliens could be what paramecium are to eagles..........

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
for those waiting for "Disclosure" look around it's already here!

we have never had so many credible witnesses come forward as we do now.

Police officers, 911 operators, Pilots both civilian and military, Air Traffic control operators and High ranking government officials.

These are not crazy tinfoil hat wearing people as the media would like you to think, these people are respected in their communities.

If you are waiting for George Bush to come on CNN and tell you all about ET forget about it.

It will never happen for two reasons;

the first is the Bible Belt. Those people would have a very hard time with it.

second is power or free energy. The world today revolves around OIL.

What would happen if OIL was suddenly obsolete. It maybe a good thing in the long run but the transition will be sketchy for sure.

Remember the government is letting these people come forward with their information.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Or frighteningly enough, what if we are parameciums and they are parameciums? Just two parameciums passing in the night. (sorry) I agree with your hypothesis, Pyros.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join