It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever considered the reasons the gov., will not confirm UFO's are real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If the government came out and acknowledged they knew but they keep it secret for fear of panic, I would say all the abductee's would be suing there butts.

Imagine living the life that an abductee does, people making fun and the government denying.

Hopefully one day soon abductees will be able to hold there head high.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Knowledge is power

Our advancement in technology is way beyond our spirituality.
Having to confront our creationist god(s) to posible UFO belief is dangerous. Do you remember this quote from the bible "God created men to his own image". If alien doenst look like us what we should think of this quote. Should we believe in a creationist god or a more energy type form of god giving life. The old testament aka the book of law is no more valuable in the 1st case, the god we choose is more our creator but not necceserly the creator of our creator. Then who we choose, i bet alot of chaos would be on our way trying to find our path.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
as a analogy, "the greatest trick the devil ever had was making people believe
that it did not exist"

why would the govt share the knowledge that could either benefit or ruin its
existence? if you had the power of all you could survey, would you share it with
the masses so that they could posiibly use it against you?

if an alien civilization far advanced than ours came into my life and shared all thier
knowledge and technical advances to me right now, wouldn't i be a threat to the
govt?

we are being herded into something called society, the govt will stop at nothing
to minimize the chaos within its reign. In doing so , the govt is playing the same
trick the devil plays. by backing the ignorance of the overall masses, the govt
gains power and the masses gains little.

a true global panic would shatter the foundations of control the govt has worked
so hard to build. A mass UFO presence could achieve this.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Goose said

The Orson Wells radio incident in which he did a radio program and it was a spoof of a news program confirming the attack of UFO's, even though they told several times it was not a real news program, many people only tuned in doing the news broadcast part and missed it and there were suicides and shootings and just plain panic.

Prote said

I hate this analogy for disclosure as much as anything in this field. This was a radio broadcast in a completely different era, before even WWII. The exposure to such things are no comparison to today. In addition, it was a dramatization. It was SUPPOSED to be realistic and they were talking about an ATTACK happening NOW. This is about as far apart from disclosure today as you can get. No comparison at all!

Goose said

Don't get me wrong I am not saying they the gov. are keeping the secrets to help us, mostly they just want to have control.

Protes said

Aren't you answering your own question here?

No I am not answering my own question just clarifying that I am not someone who thinks the gov. is keeping this info from us for our sakes. As I said earlier it is that they want power over us, we look to them for security, they would definitely lose a certain amount of power if they had to acknowledge that they had been lying to us all these years and also could not really protect anyone.

If they acknowledge that the aliens are real, that many of the abduction stories are real then they would be acknowledging that there is not much they can do to stop it, no matter how they spin it.

With gov. acknowledgement the average Dick and Jane out there is eventually going to figure out that if the aliens are plucking people out of their homes and cars and anywhere they choose, then the gov. has not in the past and is currently not going to be able to protect them either.

Everyone here should understand that most of the people who come here to ATS IMO are already questioning something and looking for answers and they understand that the gov. is either lying or not as forthcoming with the truth as they would like.

And while this website pop. is large most Americans are saying that we the conspiracy theorists and UFO believers are a little bit of a nut case, hence the tin foil jokes we all hear from friends and relatives. Most Americans think we are nuts for believing these things because they really believe for the most part the gov. does not lie to them and when the gov. does get caught in a lie, they believe the lies told to them to cover up the old lie because they want to, because their much more comfortable believing the lie than actually doubting the gov. .

The truth is if you are a member here you are not the average Dick and Jane who believes whatever you are told, you are already questioning the gov. on something, otherwise you would not be here.

As to the Orson Well's newscast analogy when it comes to real fear, we don't handle it any better than the old timers did. We are still the same animal, just a bit more pampered through technology.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by goose]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Sorry forgot to add, to the ones here who continually give the opinion the aliens are not here to harm us, and only want to enlighten us, could you tell me how you know this considering the terrifying stories most abductees tell?

The implants placed in their bodies and the often lasting affects many of the abductees have experienced such as cancer and burns from radiation are not exactly enlightening journeys one would choose to take.

Maybe they are not here as you say to enslave us or make war or dominate us, I assume that since they have not done so, but they sure don't have a very good track record for being considerate of our health or well being. From what I have read they view us as nothing more than guinea pigs who are not worthy of enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have theories as to why they are keeping quiet.
(1) To prevent mass hysteria; as I found out while writing articles on the subject for a newsletter that the 'War of the Worlds' programme that went out over the radio was a test of the American Nation in their response to them landing. (Orson Wells). I think we have matured since then and are ready for the truth.

(2) They are back-engineering technology and if other governments found out-we would be in another cold war. Then again, other nations have alien technology. See if one admits it; they all have to.

(3)They are involved with roque aliens for scientific advancement of our technology and they don't want us to find out.

(4) They tell the truth and the 'cat is out of the bag' so to speak and the nation goes up in arms and never trusts the governments again.

These are just four possibilities. I know that they are real. Also, the governments can't stop them communicating and making themselves known to the likes of you and me.

(5) The government could be involved with roque aliens in abductions.

I don't believe all extraterrestrials are roque; no more than, all humans are bad. That is a misnomer. However, I believe that the majority have the Earth and it's inhabitants interests at heart. It doesn't mean that there is a few that would come down and drain our resources and have their own agenda.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have theories as to why they are keeping quiet.
(1) To prevent mass hysteria; as I found out while writing articles on the subject for a newsletter that the 'War of the Worlds' programme that went out over the radio was a test of the American Nation in their response to them landing. (Orson Wells). I think we have matured since then and are ready for the truth.

(2) They are back-engineering technology and if other governments found out-we would be in another cold war. Then again, other nations have alien technology. See if one admits it; they all have to.

(3)They are involved with roque aliens for scientific advancement of our technology and they don't want us to find out.

(4) They tell the truth and the 'cat is out of the bag' so to speak and the nation goes up in arms and never trusts the governments again.

These are just four possibilities. I know that they are real. Also, the governments can't stop them communicating and making themselves known to the likes of you and me.

(5) The government could be involved with roque aliens in abductions.

I don't believe all extraterrestrials are roque; no more than, all humans are bad. That is a misnomer. However, I believe that the majority have the Earth and it's inhabitants interests at heart. It doesn't mean that there is a few that would come down and drain our resources and have their own agenda.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Firstly , they may not even be aliens , they could be our future selves time travelling . Then the reasons for the goverments keeping quiet may be perfectly reasonable.

But supposing they are aliens...

Once the government opened their mouths about one aspect of alien visitation , they would have to spill everything .

Private sector scientists and foriegn governments would all want to examine any recovered craft and technology , they could do this in the interests of world peace and risk losing an edge , or turn them down and risk WW3 .

The mere mention of recovered alien craft or technology by an official government source would absolutely scramble the stock markets , oil prices may collapse , small countries more reliant on oil prices would suffer upheaval .

People would begin to question everything their government said from then on and even question everything else they had been fed for the last 50 years .

Initially there may be some difference to our daily lives , but this would only grow over time .

Can you imagine free energy being available in the US and UK but nowhere else ? Production costs for manufacturing would rapidly drop in these countries , this would cause other countries to quite literally go bust , mass unemployment , unrest within the population leading to rioting .

If done right, advanced technology could usher in a new age . But i just don't think we are ready for this .

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I agree with eagle eye, genesis makes much more sense if viewed with a modern point of view. Ancient people saw lights in the sky and called them gods or angels today we get UFOs.
The fact we have multiple reports of human looking ETs should say something about us and what we are.
How would you feel if you found out you are an experiment, a geneticly enhanced monkey made in the "creators" form. A blow to humanities ego?
Just a theory from the likes of Jim Marrs, but does explain the burst of civillzation, the missing link, UFOs and ancient technologies throughout history, abductions and why they do not reveal themselves and the intense interest they seem to have in us. Are we the grand experiment?
Of course free energy and the religious implications would turn the world upside down. But I think the truth is more profound.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I completely agree with you. American people have been treated like children for so long they have no clue what personal responsibility is. While the vast majority would be killing themselves in fear. The rednecks would be killing everyone else because they do not have the capacity to express fear or insecurity in any other way but moronic violence. I live in Texas and dumb hicks are every where, they pull shotguns on you for having earrings I can't imagine what they would do in the presence of an advanced separate species. As for me the Aliens would probably wonder what the hell was wrong with me and why I was so eager to get on their ship and get off this planet. So while the vast majority would be hanging them selves because there is no god. The rest of us would be sprinting to the ship knocking over the alien visitors so we could get off this planet and go anywhere else but here. Abduct me please now.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by leapofdreams]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
They have to be more advanced than us in technology since we can't travel all over the planets and beyond, who knows where they are from? It is safe to assume IMO that if they have that kind of technolgy then they can control us due to our weapons are probably useless against them.

Not once did I say the beings who are contolling these UFO's are waiting on our gov. to confirm anything. Why they have not take over our planet is something to wonder about since surely if they are able to achieve the technology that most of us who believe in UFO's think they have, then they could have taken over if they wanted.

As far as hiding it the gov. has done a bangup job in many ways, they have denied their existance and made UFO's a big joke knowing that most people will deny their reality due to fearing being the the joke or looking crazy. Go to any psychiatrist and tell them you saw a UFO land on your property and their more than likely to assume you have problems and not just the problem of scorch marks left in your yard by the UFO.

If you are trying to debate the existance of UFO's that is not what this thread is about.

I have to agree with you but have you thought about this......even if they are 100 time(or more) more advance than us...maybe they don't see any interest in taking over the Earth. If they are more advance technologicaly, it also makes them MUCH MUCH smarter than we are and WHY would they attack us or try to rule Earth????

In my opinion, one day they will make contact but I don't beleive they would be hostile. That would be like a 25 year old beating the crap out of a 5 year old kid.
It just doesn't make sense to methat's all!!!!

what do you think?

Rocques22

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If i found out I was a genetic mutant engineered by alien as a test i would be ecstatic. That would be a lot better than the belief that we were formed by god because he was lonely. HA that funny just typing that. No i dont by the god story at all. I believe in science forget they harry potter stories of the bible.

This is not to you EB_ this is just for all the bible thumper folks that are going to trip because i dont buy the whole god thing.
Boy i bet that's going to really get some people all stressing. Sorry but people you are on a site that is prodominatly science based. And come on the belief in god is pretty much out of fear of dieing not much else. As soon as you religious people start understanding psychics and quantum physics, string theory , M theory, heaven holds no value. but that's just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
well it doen't even matter where the UFO's are from, here or outer space. Think of all the government would have to answer for. All the money spent on the dog and pony show space program we have now to dupe us into thinking this is the best technology we have. The lives of the astronauts that were lost needlessly keeping up the front of our low end space program. The list goes on and on, all the money we could have put forth into social programs that was wasted to keep up the front. All the people that died becase we hid the technology and medical advancements or just the ones that died because we don't have socialized medicine or a decent national Insurance system here in the good old US of A. I won't even guess how many would be out for blood here.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
A scheme for classifying such advanced technological civilizations was proposed by Nikolai Kardashev in 1964. He identified three high-level types and defined a logarithmic scale in terms of the power they could muster for the purpose of interstellar communications.

Type I: Controls the energy of an entire planet. This civilization can control the weather, can prevent earthquakes, and boasts mastery of an energy factor of about 10^16 watts. Though advanced, a Type I civilization still faces danger of extinction by natural disasters such as comet impacts.

Type II: Controls the energy of an entire star. It has the ability to directly mine a star. This civilization will have explored completely its own star system and will have established a number of colonies in neighboring star systems. The energy factor mastered by a Type II civilization is about 10^26 watts, or a 10 billion-fold increase over that controlled by Type I. A Type II civilization is virtually immune to extinction.

Type III: Controls the energy of an entire galaxy. Such a civilization can manipulate space-time and possesses almost godlike powers. It would be threatened with extinction only by the death of the universe itself (and even this might be avoided). Energy mastery for a Type III civilization marks another 10 billion-fold increase, to a level of 10^36 watts.

Carl Sagan pointed out that the energy gaps between Kardashev's three types were so enormous that a finer gradation was needed. A Type 1.1 civilization, for example, would be able to expand a maximum of 10^17 watts on communications, a Type 2.3 could utilize 10^29 watts, and so on. He estimated that the human race would presently qualify as roughly a Type 0.7.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well, I guess I have to say that this whole disclosure thing will probably never happen and I do believe in UFOs etc BUT, i don't believe in little green men, Greys, Lizards etc. I believe they look EXACTLY like you and I and they already have an agenda here and they are doing whatever they like and will continue to do so! If they made themselves "known" then whatever they are up to will probably be "watched". So, why let you know they are here? Why should the government disclose anything? They don't stand to gain anything by it YET. We are so busy looking out for "aliens" that we don't see the wood for the trees! They are already walking among us! Shopping at the same malls and walking past you in the street. These pics of Roswell etc are not "leaked" but "put out there" so that we all get this blurry view of what they look like. How do you hide something very effectively? Put it in PLAIN view!!! Like looking for your keys or sunglasses when they are right in front of your face.

Another thing; this abduction stuff - with all the technology we assume they have, why would they leave bits of cow all over the place, burn skin, bruise etc when they have enough tech to avoid injuring??!! I believe the "abductions" are really the gov doing their experiments without having to pay for a human test subject. Like testing chemcals and drugs through prison ventilation ducts etc.

Disclosure? Forget it. It is cheaper not to disclose in ANY and EVERY sense of the word.

My 5 cents. (not law)

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I don't think everybody is ready for disclosure.
Ass for the fact that if aliens could controll or kill us if they wanted to, well they don't want to, but that doesnt mean they are our friends.

Why would you kill all cows, no more steak.
Why would you kill all your lab rats, no more expirements.
Why would you kill your work force, no more slaves.

This COULD all be reasons they do not reveal themselves.
Cause in all cases the humans would probably revolt

top topics

<< 1   >>

join