It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Alert, Egyptians Missing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
www.c-n.com.../20060809/FRONT01/60809009

Two more have turned themselves in it is stated.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that only 2 were in New Jersy and one was in Minnesota.. . . that they are not all together? How do 11 people decide to go awol in different directions all at the same time? Surely, if it was just a bunch of college kids who got a wild hair and decided to go site-seeing across the country, they would all be pretty much in the same spot.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't think anyone has immediately suggested they are terrorists outwright. It is a distinct possibility, particularly close to the 9/11 anniversary, AND the current crisis in the middle east, upon which groups like Hezbollah have claimed to be planning strikes in America.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
one of the missing student has been caught and is in police custody wonder what information they'll get out of him here's the story........cbs4denver.com...

Sentinal,
Thanks a bunch for posting that information!! I was hopeing something would turn up. Hear is a quote from the relise for those who are interested.

Eslam Ibrahim Mohamed El-Dessouki, 21, was taken into custody in Minnesota on what was termed an administrative immigration violation as an out-of-status student, according to the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security.

Two other students, whose names were not yet released, turned themselves into authorities in New Jersey.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

“In response to hearing in the media that they should turn themselves in to the nearest police station, they did just that,” said Steven Siegel, a spokesman for the FBI’s Newark office.

The students are not suspected of any link to terrorism, he said. They turned themselves in at the Manville police headquarters.

They were being held on immigration charges. Their names were not released.
Earlier in the day, one of the other missing students was arrested in Minneapolis, the FBI said.

From the first source on this page.

same as Moussaui and others, along with the other radical views in that town and state. Look into where they worked at the school together, and how he was refused entry to the stadium.

Hey forgive me friend, but you are not doing well in providing any sources to your claims, I am simply trying to be fair to the individual involved citing my opinion with respected databases before I preach it as fact to people who may not know thre entire situation.

Does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that only 2 were in New Jersy and one was in Minnesota.. . . that they are not all together? How do 11 people decide to go awol in different directions all at the same time?

I do not believe it is written in lawbooks that a group of students from a foreign nation are forbidden from pursuing their own goals in a new land. The only law violated here was that they probably failed to comply with the terms of their travel VISAS

Its a very simple process for those who do not understand our enforcement system. They have a right to turn themselves in, and be booked into the system. From there the Immigration and Naturalization Service will handle them.

[edit on 8/9/2006 by DYepes]

[edit on 8/9/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
YAY! I'm glad this situation is resolved. It was disconcerting with the impending anniversary and the national connection these students had to a few of the 9/11 hijackers.

I'm also glad to learn that some one is actually trying to keep up with matters these days. It seems our agencies actually learned something!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
YAY! I'm glad this situation is resolved. It was disconcerting with the impending anniversary and the national connection these students had to a few of the 9/11 hijackers.

I'm also glad to learn that some one is actually trying to keep up with matters these days. It seems our agencies actually learned something!

I defently agree with you on all of that Valhall. Specilly the part with our agencies actually trying to keep up on situations like this. But I dont think it is resolved just yet. Last part that I read they still had not contacted all 11 of the missing students.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They have found 3 of them now.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
DYepes, do you believe everything the FBI tells you? Why have the other men not stepped forward if this process is so simple?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
All people are different would you not agree? All peopel react different to different situations, and even the same ones. Noone is even stating whether all these man actually even know each other well. It is highly likely these men were simply the next batch of scheduled foreign students allowed for this particular state and scheduled to arrive at that time. Does anyone have any idea if this group was larger when it arrived in this country and whether other men that arrived with them have already gone according to their schedule?

The remaining three guys are probably terrified to the core thinking "OMg now they think were terrorists here to harm their country! There is no way they will even let me see the light of day again if they find me" They may very well be lsot and scared for their future now. That does not still mean they are now guilty of illegal immigration, that may have even been their original goal for all I know.

I am only crying afoul of immediately labeling these men all as terrorists, especially when our own agencies are advising that there is no evidence or speculation of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Is it illegal imigration only because they skipped class? I thought it only lead to a suspension

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I don't see what's the big deal, many students come here and they don't show up at all to school, what's soo different now?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Actually college does not really punish you for skipping class because you are punishing yourself. You are paying for the class and the education, and if you don't show thats too bad for you.

It is an immigration issue because that was the whole basis for entering this country was for education. If these foreigners do not report to class, they are violating the terms of the contract they agreed to for entering this country. That violation now puts them here illegally.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Now they have 6 of the eleven who were missing from the original group of 17 students headed to Montana. Two were found in New Jersey, 1 in Minnesota, 2 in a Maryland town, and 1 in Chicago, Illinois.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corgidancer
Now they have 6 of the eleven who were missing from the original group of 17 students headed to Montana. Two were found in New Jersey, 1 in Minnesota, 2 in a Maryland town, and 1 in Chicago, Illinois.

Thanks a lot for the update Corgidancer

If that info was come across in a link it would be nice to see it there also.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
they say the fbi was asking for the publics help. so why not realse photos of these people so there would be no racial profiling

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You know what - I think this whole thing stinks. I know some foreigners come in on a student exchange program just to get in. It happens all the time. so why all the fuss over these guys?

Why did this come to light just before the big Heathrow incident and WHERE ARE THE REST OF THEM.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This reminds me of something I read from one of those stupid laws websites. The law stated something to the effect of if you see more than two Native Americans together, then they're officially (as says the law) planning to have a pow wow.

Except in this case, America sees a group of Middle Easternern students skip class and we already assume they're terrorists.

I can already imagine 100 years from now how history classes will discuss US's racism and prejudice views on Middle Easterners, just as we talk about racism on blacks in the 20th century, today in our classes.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Scary times we live in now days.I just had a baby girl last year,and I'm very concerned for her future.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by crowpruitt]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I will have a child on the way and the same thought goes through every parent's mind. As long as they're in yours or a loved one's care, nothing will happen, so no worries

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join