It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Alert, Egyptians Missing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
jtma, I agree completely.

What irks me the most is that these people, who supposedly worship an all-powerful God, have the audacity to keep stepping on God's toes!

Like God can't handle what needs to be handled? Someone needs to send these maniacs a dictionary, with the meaning of 'Omnipotent' highlighted for effect.

It's my personal belief that 'God' is the universe, not a bearded man on a cloud. The universe will continue to function according to its laws and systems, regardless of the piddling interference posed by egotistical men. We'd all be a lot better off substituting the hubris of religion for faith in the sublime machinations of this incredibly complex and beautiful universe that gave birth to us.

Wow, off-topic much? Sorry about that, I'll stop now - but I think that needed to be said.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Every single person here is jumping the gun right now by even assuming these men are terrorists when the article even stated there was nothing to connect them to such. As of right now they are illegal immigrants. I have been to that Egyptian Church I just talked about and the only thing that goes on in there is young people discussing Jesus Christ. for all we know these men were kidnapped by fanatical christians, and these guys may in fact be Christian themselves!!

Lets see how many times users here on ATS have followed orders by the media to go into fear and hate mode.
Worrisome Diesel Purchase Leads To APB On White Van
Or let us not forget this fiasco
Odd Incident On Tampa School Bus FYI the men involved in that school bus incident were let go with community service when it was understood they made a mistake through cultural differences, they still got the tresspassing conviction.

These are only two of the ridiculous examples at how people here and much of America no doubt have been manipulated by the events of recent years and pretty much fallen under the control of the MSM.

Everytime an odd incident with a Midle Easterner occurs, people scream terror, duck in fear and spew out hate. When it turns out to be some kind of innocent mistake, they hold on to their beliefs, but probably never apologize for their accusations. I am surprised nobody has picked up on this trend.

If one day someone here is found to be involved in terror, that still does not excuse and justify all of the accusations of the past innocent men and/or women. Hey if previous people turned out to be inncoent most of the time, what happens when we just start waiving investigations and trials because of a single act? Its like we would be giving up our ability to think. Many innocent people will be attacked if we continue to think like many on this thread have been doing.

These men are guilty of being illegal immigrants as of now, and that is it. Just because they are Egyptian means nothing. One of my best friends is Egyptian and he is one faithful Christian. I can racially profile anyone for anything.

Why should we not stop all Middle Age White men at the airports and begin interrogatign and questioning their allabies for the past six months? Statistically it is these men who have been found to be the most notorious serial killers. I am worried, because that is some serious terror being a serial killer. That should be added to the list of charges for terror.

OH a German? Perhaps we should investigate to be sure he is not a secret NAZI collaborator. Italian? Run him through INTERPOL and lets be sure he has no connections the Mafia. Russian? He is Russian, must be a Marxist agent waiting for orders from the motherland. Oh dear there is an individual of Japense descent, we better make sure he is not linked with Aum Shinrikyo, because we all know what they did in 1995. Those damned terrorist Buddhists, Hindus. We better start checkign everyone who claims those faiths as well.

--------End sarcasm-----

Please let us stop the profiling, the unwarranted call for fear and hate, and attack the underlying issues which breed those emotions.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Without profiling, there would be no way to search for individuals who may be doing something illegal. The police don't mind a black person in a all white neighborhood becasue he might live there, a white guy in a Volvo in a bad part of town is looking for drugs. That is profiling, and if you think it is politically incorrect, sorry. This is life.

Sorry, even though it may be to early to hypothesize, this gives my deja-vu.

There may have been the incident in Tampa, but what about the bombing at the University during the football game and the Syrian roommates who disappeared??? For every coincidence there is also a coverup, and that is what keeps the wheel spinning. I hope this tunrs out to be a false alarm, but 11??? This must not happen often since this is the first time since new DHS/FBI procedures this has happened.

Be vigilant, not paranoid or you'll shoot yourself or someone else.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
oh wait I forgot, a white guy in a Volvo cannot possibly live in a bad part of town either. Or be visiting a friend, or looking for a job because he was just laid off and seeing if any of the shops there have for hire signs. You can profile anyone, and the truth can be an enormous number of possibilities.

What bombing are you speaking of? I searched google for something about a university bombing and missing Syrian students and came up empty? Could you help me out a little?

[edit on 8/9/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i don't know if any one else had mentioned this, so here it is. any one else see a resemblence between this little nugget, if true, and 9-11? it is august, the pres. is on vacation, his polls and party are very worried about the coming elections, and now we have (supposedly) some missing mid easterners? deja vue all over again!

and last year, he went on vacation with a massive hurricane roaring towards new orleans. it seems that when ever this pres. goes on vacation and his polls are not good, poeple better look out.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It was a bombing outside of the University of Oklahoma last year. Please take a quick google search, and read deep into it.

As far as the white guy in a volvo, now, Profiling does not mean 'attack everyone", it is a way to stay alert and look for things that are obviously not correct. If I get on a plane with 7 sweating arab guys, I am going to be a little more paranoid than a group of old ladies going to Vegas.

Maybe he is looking for a job....ok..riiiiiight....

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well until these 11 missing students are found I am forced to take extreme security measures. 1) Duct tape plastic over all the windows. 2) Stock up on canned peas and peanut butter for emergency stores and 3) Place a 16 oz Plastic Solo Drinking Cup in the middle of the hallway that leads to my panic room (that way when the 11 "students" walk down my hall they will inadvertently trip my cup and it will bound around the floor making a noise alarm). Finally if they make it inside my panic room I have a fully loaded Abercrombie and Fitch High Velocity Rubberband Gun locked and loaded. If you have ever been shot by one of these then you sir know fear. Good day to you.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That is why I said this is Deja-Vu. This is exacly what happened jsut prior to 9/11, and it would be a quick link to HezzbollaH, where Bin Laden's son is currently working in Lebanon, so we have an AQ connection, and an Iranian connections since they jsut released him and we have grounds for war.

Also, it may have been a Pakistani and not a Syrian, but it seems the news reports have no changed during research today...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I just saw on CNN that they picked up one of the students in Minneapolis. Kinda far from Montana, eh?

I am watching this story closly. I want to know what is going on.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
esdad I am curious as to why you asume white men do not belong in bad neighborhoods? Are you assuing that bad neighborhoods do not have white citizens, and therefore are either hispanic or black? That sounds like some serious racism if that is the case.

Anyways I did do the research you requested of me, and here is what I found.

Hinrichs had a Pakistani student roommate and there are rumors that Hinrichs was an Islamic convert and attended the Norman mosque where Zacharias Moussaoui had previously attended [13]. (However Ashraf Hussein, the president of the Muslim Student Association at OU, has denied that Hinrichs attended mosque in Norman.[14]) The mosque in question is near the apartment in which Hinrichs lived before his suicide. There have also been claims that investigators found Islamic jihad material in Hinrichs' apartment. The local congressman, Tom Cole (R-OK), said he asked the FBI about the jihadist material and was told that absolutely none was found.
Boren went on to remind people about the rush to judgment after the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing where there was a rush to assume that there was a Middle Eastern link to the bombing. Boren explains, "He happened to have had a roommate, who didn't live in the same room but in the room next door, who was from Pakistan. Immediately, the word spread that he was tied to Al-Qaeda, that there were other students that were involved, that there were tickets to Islamic countries that were found, air tickets, and other things." The FBI then briefed him and let him know there were no such materials. It was not certain who Boren was referring to, however it is notable to mention similar speculations from the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing where the terrorist was also incorrectly labeled as Middle Eastern.

After the incident police officers questioned Hinrichs' roommate, Fazal M. Cheema, and other Muslim students. Since then many Muslim students and community members became fearful the social reaction. One member of the Muslim Student Association stated, "I fear for my security now because of all this speculation."[
Wikipedia

So an American citizen, who had absolutley no connections to any terrorists, any Islamic organizations, and did not even have friends apparantley proves what esdad? The kid involved made a suspicious purchase and was being investigated and had nothing to do with race, religion, or foriegn citizenship. His only connection to Islam was a Pakistani roommate. I guess he must have been the mastermind though because he was a middle easterner huh?

It looks like your only cited example has been washed down the drain.

As far as these missing Egyptians go, I will feel really horrible, yet maybe not surprised, if they are found being held prisoner or dead. Likely howver, they may have gone on a vacation of sorts to a remote cave, like the many movies thast have been released in recent years, and they became trapped in one. Haha that would be pretty funny if that was the case.

[edit on 8/9/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've been that 'white guy in a bad neighborhood' - and I did in fact live there, and I wasn't buying drugs.

It got real old, real quick, being stopped, questioned, and bothered by the police (even searched on one occasion, for no apparent reason). I wasn't doing anything wrong, just walking to my house.

But I guess my rights as a citizen are secondary to the needs of the police to prevent people from using various natural substances to feel good.

The facts speak for themselves, the majority of terrorist attacks (at least in this country) are done by white folks, so if you're going to profile anyone, profile white people who are self-described Christians.

What's that? It would be unfair? Damn straight.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that Wyrdeone, but apparantley to some people the daily harrassment of people like you is completely necessary and justified. Honestly I have several friends who live in housing projects aroudn town, I cannot say I ever get harrassed or questioned by it. Perhaps it is my Hispanic appearance that signals I must belong to this neighborhood, Pretty horrible line of thinking if you ask me. I do not buy drugs or go to plan crimes. I am just visiting friends to hang out or meet up to go out and have fun.

I sure hope these guys are found safe and sound, the sooner the better. Some nutcase may just happen to be holding them hostage, believing that profiling is perfectly justified and acceptable.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
OK 911 to attack Afgan. and fake nuke story to attack Iraq
now 11 more terror suspects to attack on 911 again so Bush will have a reason to help Israel take out nukes in Iran and change gov. and he don't have much longer won't that put him in history as the most waring pres.? This link explains why the Isreal is doing what they are at the moment They must "cut off one arm of Iran"
to weaken its retaliation on Isreal, soon we will see Bush on an emergency TV notice to let everyone know our planes just attacked Iran of corse thats after the 11 Students born in Iran maybe? will set off a bomb (chem or nuke) poison water or food? I hope this is all wrong but it seems close to what history has shown us in the near past.

www.atimes.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread, but did anyone find it interesting there were "11 of them.....and they mentioned it's a month before 911. That # 11 is really a haunting number

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I figured I would stir something up with that one. I lived in a not so good area when i was younger and used to get harrassed by the police all the time, pulled over at least once a month, because i was a white kid with a nice car in a bad part of town. I was repeating what an officer told me, not my personal beliefs.

However, common sense tells us that a nice car filled with white kids in a known drug area means they are looking for a dime bag 7 out of 10 times. So, if they stop 5 of those cars, they would get at least 3 busts. It is how it is done.

I was trying to compare it to the profiling that they are using here. Why has no one accused the University of racism and profiling since they are the ones who contacted the FBI? I mean, this tells us how tight the noose is on people entering this country.

Back to the 11, yes, it is deja vu of the months leading to 9/11.

www.wesh.com...

Found this one pretty fast, and they are making sure it is not tied to terror with the last line. However, there are no other details.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
They probably found america's most famous place....Mcdonalds...I mean it is american culture, but on a more serious note, They are right we shouldn't assume they are terrorist, but it is quite concerning all 11 disappeared and if the gov is doing what they say they are doing, watching them, then someone really messed up and should be fired or something big is going on....Like someone said, easy school to get into, and of course they won't have any ties that we know that are to terrorist groups or they woudln't be able to get on a plane to the US so of course they won't and if they did or do have terrorist links the gov won't admit it, because its their screw up and then everyone panic's.... I don't know what to think of this...yet

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Still watching CNN, and they supposedly found 2 more in New Jersey.

What's going on here? Where are they going to find the others, Hawaii on the beach? Or are the in Florida?

You'd think if they were all going to the same university that they would stay in one group, wouldn't you? Must be just the way I'd be if I were an exchange student...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
DYepes
Go a little deeper than a web based encyclopedia before you wash things down the drain. Look into the father, the mosque they attended that was the same as Moussaui and others, along with the other radical views in that town and state. Look into where they worked at the school together, and how he was refused entry to the stadium. There is alot more to it Captain Debunker.

As far as these arrests, it is stated that this happens all the time, but why these guys and why now? If it happens 1000 times a year, what makes these guys so special?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
one of the missing student has been caught and is in police custody wonder what information they'll get out of him here's the story........cbs4denver.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
cbs4denver.com...

This was taken from the above link:

["Officials continue to say that there is no reason to believe that El-Dessouki or the other missing students are connected to any terrorist or criminal enterprise.']

Regardless of what this is all about, you guys have already decided they are terrorists. Shame on you. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

[edit on 9-8-2006 by grover]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join